What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: the game day cook off thread

carcharias

Immortal
Salmon on the BBQ? Looks good

Yep
Have it about twice a week.
Aldi frozen salmon.
Comes in seperate sealed portions.
Very convenient.
Loads of salt on the skin.

There is hardly any difference between that and the fresh stuff from the fish shop.
Always cook a couple of extras for salad lunch.

Surely

Post Whore
Yep
Aldi frozen salmon.
Very convenient.

There is hardly any difference between that and the fresh stuff from the fish shop.

The fresh stuff from the fish shop would have been frozen anyway

carcharias

Immortal
The fresh stuff from the fish shop would have been frozen anyway

Ha
Yeah probably.
My mate who is a fishing nutter told me that it’s all farmed stuff anyway.

The Aldi stuff is good value
There is about8 or 9 pieces per bag.
$25 I think.

Good Food,Good Music, Good Beer, Sharks Playing league ...good thread!! ... Lifes good.
I dont mind Chiie Rellonos as a game day snack. Unfortunately lost my seeds for the "good "peppers in one of my moves.They were great because they had strong taste when Flame grilled , and peeled under cold water . Could then remove seeds and veins so not hot ( just the occasional will be hot even so...Good surprise !) Or if you have a special guest bragging they like hot Leave the veins in.theirs haha! Anyway still good with aneheims or poblanos(sp?) Interested to see what some of the cheese connoisseurs in here could do with different cheeses I always just use Mild Chedder.

BTW a while back Carcharious said theres no good restaurants in Vegas. I googled Mexican restaurants there Got list of top 10. I reckon if you went in to one and ask what chilie peppers they use for Rellonos and they say Jalapenos keep walking. If they give another variety probably worth a try.

carcharias

Immortal
Good Food,Good Music, Good Beer, Sharks Playing league ...good thread!! ... Lifes good.
I dont mind Chiie Rellonos as a game day snack. Unfortunately lost my seeds for the "good "peppers in one of my moves.They were great because they had strong taste when Flame grilled , and peeled under cold water . Could then remove seeds and veins so not hot ( just the occasional will be hot even so...Good surprise !) Or if you have a special guest bragging they like hot Leave the veins in.theirs haha! Anyway still good with aneheims or poblanos(sp?) Interested to see what some of the cheese connoisseurs in here could do with different cheeses I always just use Mild Chedder.

BTW a while back Carcharious said theres no good restaurants in Vegas. I googled Mexican restaurants there Got list of top 10. I reckon if you went in to one and ask what chilie peppers they use for Rellonos and they say Jalapenos keep walking. If they give another variety probably worth a try.
Food in Vegas is shit mostly.
I did find a good little Mexican joint though.

It’s fast food .
I’m sure there is hood food if you look hard... but ey if your looking for fine dining in Vegas your not doing it right.
You should be off chops 24/7

Frenzy.

Immortal

If ya like hot I can only say....

Habenjeros.

Stuff em with some sort of pork mince creation. I did em using a san choi bow recipe.

My quoit hated me

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yep
Aldi frozen salmon.
Very convenient.

ALDI should sponsor the Sharks

Rocks and diamonds.

They seem to have real good shit or real bad shit. My ALDI formula is if it is fresh protein it’s pretty good. Most of their frozen boxed stuff is ordinary.

They don’t have good pies

carcharias

Immortal
Don’t mind the look of that actually. Simple but good tastes. Nice fresh lookin leaves. Is it Rocket?
Yeah
Just that pre packed gear
Kale salad and rocket
Bit of noodle salad dressing.
We have that salad for lunch every day just with either chicken , tuna , salmon .

Very basic.

Quigs

Immortal
I'm getting excited for Sundays Match Day cook off.

I experimented today with a new recipe for tea. One can a Harvest Brand Mild Curry combined with last nights left over nanchos mince served on a bed of Black and Gold rice.

It was a bit of alright too.

Picked up about 10 cans of the Harvest Mild Curry and the Braised Steak. They were on sale at the local IGA at half price.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Seen me some swordfish.

Superb fish and that’s considering I have probably never had it really fresh. They tell me it is......

Superb, in every way. Taste texture, straight outta the ocean, be still my beating heart! I also get Mahi Mahi but you have to know somebody who works on the fishing boats or the chartered boats. Being a long time local pays these types of dividends, oh, also Ocean Spanner Crab caught and cooked that day, stop it!!

carcharias

Immortal
Superb, in every way. Taste texture, straight outta the ocean, be still my beating heart! I also get Mahi Mahi but you have to know somebody who works on the fishing boats or the chartered boats. Being a long time local pays these types of dividends, oh, also Ocean Spanner Crab caught and cooked that day, stop it!!
Mahi mahi is good.
Caught a heap of it on fishing trip off port Stephens.
I like Spanish mackerel and coral trout.
Hard to get that fresh down here though.
I working in Port Douglas years ago and was eating it for lunch like it was Vegemite sandwich’s.

Best spanner crab I’ve ever had was from up your way. Chucky cooked it for me haha.
Swordfish and mahi mahi are both awesome.

Latest posts