What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pacific Championships + Tonga tour of UK

King-Gutho94

Coach
I don’t know about setting traps. What I saw was an AU side that thought that they had it in the bag. Didn’t have to work hard to win the match. Gotta turn up otherwise momentum will just take the game away from you and pull your pants down.

Not long ago Madge couldn’t coach at the Tigers. It’s all about the cattle. Coaches are so easy to throw under the bus.

Having said that rep footy should not be about cattle. It’s the Kangaroos FFS. Dunno who picks the squad these days. The wingers etc just WTF. Jake T, so many weird selections. Too many nice guys who provided good service in the past, not enough angry faces.
Mal picks the squad.

Like Freddy for NSW.

Mal has been there too long and too close to some of these has beens like Tedesco and Val Holmes.

And they should also start by picking blokes that want to play for Australia not players already talking about playing for Samoa or Tonga in 5 years time.

JokerEel

Coach
Look DCE was best available and still number 2 halfback when you base it off origin performances. I can't argue against that selection

Payne Haas was also part of those 2 losses as well you speak of and he had played just 4 tests.

Wasnt part of the WC last year

Throw in his piss poor origin record when he is there.

And his desire to play for Samoa later on.

He should piss off now.

Val Holmes should never been allowed to play for Australia this year after his white powder fiasco a month ago and karma came back to bite Mal on that one.

He may have been the best available but he still should never be picked for Australia again.
I also stand with what I said after the Tongan loss he should have been blacklisted.

Adam Reynolds could have played halfback for the Aussies...

Hass is still only young so he gets a pass.

Gronk

Staff member
Mal picks the squad.

Like Freddy for NSW.

Mal has been there too long and too close to some of these has beens like Tedesco and Val Holmes.

And they should also start by picking blokes that want to play for Australia not players already talking about playing for Samoa or Tonga in 5 years time.
Well based on that performance, there needs to be a review. The effort was not there. Rep footy is not hampered by salary caps etc and variables that club footy brings with it. The Kangaroos coach really has no excuse, especially when he leaves better players at home.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Our halves never controlled the game at any stage, that I saw

We really are low on halves atm.

Woody90

Juniors
Tedesco should be finished at Rep Level

At fullback Mal had the option of choosing the GF winning fullback, the Dally M winner or the breakout fullback of the year and he goes with Tedesco. He wasn’t alone but Aus deserved everything we got when selections are made like that. Hard to expect the players to take international games seriously when the coach won’t even take selections seriously.

King-Gutho94

Coach
At fullback Mal had the option of choosing the GF winning fullback, the Dally M winner or the breakout fullback of the year and he goes with Tedesco. He wasn’t alone but Aus deserved everything we got when selections are made like that. Hard to expect the players to take international games seriously when the coach won’t even take selections seriously.
Well karma bit Mal on the arse when a bloke like Val Holmes gets picked 3 weeks after being suspended for a test match bringing the game into disrupte.

I don't care how many blokes are fit or not the moment Val was picked for this series it devalued the Australian Jersey.

All well and good to pick him next year if form presents it but this year should have been a firm No.

King-Gutho94

Coach
How did Penisini go in the England game ?
Didnt watch the game.

He was named on the wing. So played out of position so Tonga could play Konrad Hurrell and Moses Suli in the centres.

The fact Tonga got flogged i suggest not much really happened.

Tou Koula the other winger had double the amount of running metres 155m to Penisini's 72m going off NRL.com.

Woody90

Juniors
Well karma bit Mal on the arse when a bloke like Val Holmes gets picked 3 weeks after being suspended for a test match bringing the game into disrupte.

I don't care how many blokes are fit or not the moment Val was picked for this series it devalued the Australian Jersey.

All well and good to pick him next year if form presents it but this year should have been a firm No.

Yep. Even not considering the suspicion he obviously wasn’t one of the 2 best centres in Aus this year …the IG post made the selection even worse.

T.S Quint

Coach
DCE has lost against Tonga and now the biggest loss to the Kiwis how he was selected again after the Tongan loss is beyond me...

Mal gotta get as many QLDers into the side as he can.
In saying that, he was probably the best halfback available, with Cleary and Moses injured.

His record for QLD and Australia (apart from that one Tonga game) speaks for itself, really. He usually does very well in rep games.

Latest posts