What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers to play Bradford Bulls in World Club Championship

mac

Juniors
maybe leeds have yet to win the championship, but our time is coming, meanwhile your time has passed. you may have your big fat islanders, but that is all you have, whereas at leeds we have a load of young talented players like burrow, McGuire, bailey, walker, diskin, mathers, calderwood and many, many more in the academy.

also, i think it's laughable that you think you can beat the panthers, if they can beat the roosters, the best defensive team in the world, then beating the bullshit will be a picknic!

JJ

Immortal
In-goal said:
Joe Vangana a failure :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thats a good funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bradford will murder the penrith forwards, unlike St.Helens who played the Roosters Bradford have a massive forward pack and we all no without forwards you ain't gona beat the roosters.

St.Helens were pretty ordinary this year anyway when you take into context previous seasons.

Sorry, but Joe Vagana (note - no N) was not exactly a raging success at the Warriors. Very inconsistent. His game is suited more to the English comp, and good luck to him. But ridding themselves of players like him for harder working forwards (Guttenbeil, Seuseu, Swann etc) was one of the best things the Warriors did (aside from the fact that he wanted far more than he was worth to stay).

As for Bradford destroying Penrith - that depends on a number of things - first and foremost whether Penrith get a preparation (the English like to prevent this), and take the matche more seriously than it just being a junket trip. It also depends on getting a referee who can control things. The odds are clearly stacked against the Australian teams in these games, but if you seriosuly believe that all things being equal Bradford are a hugely superior team to Penrith, I suggest you seek professional help :)

JJ

Immortal
Well, I'd argue that the Penrith pack is superior - but that's an opinion. We won't know as one team will always have to play in their off-season.

Others have suggested that the Bradford pack is bigger and will smash them (along with various other unintelligible comments)

Let's see - Clinton, Priddis, Lang, Puleatua, Galavao, Swain (I assume Sattle is not available) - with Ross, Waterhouse, Rodney - and maybe Frank Puleatua - that's a pretty big group of forwards

vbfg

Juniors
mac said:
maybe leeds have yet to win the championship, but our time is coming, meanwhile your time has passed. you may have your big fat islanders, but that is all you have, whereas at leeds we have a load of young talented players like burrow, McGuire, bailey, walker, diskin, mathers, calderwood and many, many more in the academy.

Our time is coming. :) You're a losing club with a losing culture mate but with a sense of humour like that this ongoing 30 year lean spell should continue to fly by. Perennial promotion avoiders Leigh have won the championship more recently than you have.

mac said:
also, i think it's laughable that you think you can beat the panthers, if they can beat the roosters, the best defensive team in the world, then beating the bullsh*t will be a picknic!

The South Standers once again become the SubStandards. I didn't say I think we can beat the Panthers, muppet, or indeed mention them at all. If Penrith take it seriously and give themselves preperation time then they'll knack us. Simple. If they don't and they come over during the week and it gets played on a rainy / snowy / sub-zero night Bradford will win. Just as simple. Shane Richardson I know will take it seriously, whether Gould and the boys will or not I have no idea.

pommie_raider

Juniors
Penrith to win by 2 :cry:
But it should be a exciting match, and hopefully it will be played at McAlpine Stadium, cod free zone!

Good Luck any way Penrith, may the best team win on the night

mac

Juniors
"whether Gould and the boys will or not I have no idea."

what has gould got to do with penrith? you do know its 2003 and not 1991 don't you?

vbfg

Juniors
mac said:
"whether Gould and the boys will or not I have no idea."

what has gould got to do with penrith? you do know its 2003 and not 1991 don't you?

You're right, my apologies. I was harping back to a time when Leeds were even less relevant to appearing in the WCC than they are now.

In-goal

Bench
Well, I'd argue that the Penrith pack is superior - but that's an opinion. We won't know as one team will always have to play in their off-season.

You obviously don't realise that both seasons run paralel these days, Bradford and Penrith will be at roughly the same time in development for there respective season.

Bradford Pack
Anderson
Fielden
Peacock
Swann
J Vangana

and that is to name but a few, i think you will be surprised Newcastle certainly were.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Panthers for mine.
Obviously the English teams are improving, however the Panthers just won the NRL Premiership, I would therefore back them against any club side in the world.
Time will tell, hopefully we all enjoy an injury free game.

Rooster Lozz

Juniors
Of course you're all going to say i am just going for Bradford because i am a Roosters fan, but anyways i reckon Bradford will win. Living in the UK and seeing lots of super league matches and regularly keeping up with the NRL at home i reckon English rugby league is on the up and up.
This will be reflected in the Kangaroo tour, there are lots of top players over here and Bradford to me are a bit similar to the rampaging style that the Dogs play like when they are on song. I wanted Wigan to win the super league but it wasnt to be. Their halfback is a great player very similar to Sherwin and it will be a very interesting battle around the rucks caus this guy can carve up the big guys and Peacock is also a great player.
It wont be a smashing but the Bulls will be to good

anjado

Juniors
penrith will win
it will be a good game though
bradford are a good side
but penrith are one of the most underrated premiers ever
they will match them in the forwards and be to quick for them out wide

pommie_raider

Juniors
Apparentley yesterday when I was at the Bradford Bulls ground Shgane Richardson was on the phone to Chris Caisley form the Bulls, and they were going on about arranging the match to be at McAlpine something about he thinks it's un fair on the Bradford fans to have to travel or something, becaus ehe knows it's not fair on his Panthers supporters so he won't let the Bulls fans down too

Latest posts