What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra Fans Throw Coins

Snoop

Coach
eelsta said:
get your facts right he didn't leave because of smith, at least try to get it right :roll:

Oh, so you know all the facts about why he left. Please ... fill us in.

eelsta

Bench
Snoop said:
Oh, so you know all the facts about why he left. Please ... fill us in.

All i'm saying BS had nothing to do with it LYON new who his coach was going to be when he signed for 4 years.....

CharlieF

Juniors
eelsta said:
[/b]

If he hated it so much why did he just sign a 4 yr deal the same year?

also why did he bend over backwards to get his mate cannings over to the eels the same time...... get your facts right he didn't leave because of smith, at least try to get it right :roll:

So all indications were that he didn't want to leave, then all of a sudden he did. Do you really have the answers?????? There is more to it. The vindictive nature of this whole episode is testament to that.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Snoop said:
I have no idea what Watmough's AVO has to do with this thread either.

However, your failure to answer the question has been noted.

you missed the part about accusations of coin throwing??

not too cluey

El Diablo said:

not too cluey

Well, at least you were good enough to include the word "accusations" in that transcript.

Of course I can also quote this in relation to her accusations: "described Miss Rixons claims as a pack of lies"

Snoop

Coach
El Diablo said:

not too cluey

Didn't miss it at all, hence my follow up question which you have continually ignored.

eelsta

Bench
CharlieF said:
So all indications were that he didn't want to leave, then all of a sudden he did. Do you really have the answers?????? There is more to it. The vindictive nature of this whole episode is testament to that.

So if brett stewart did this you'd be ok would you,i think not.. believe what you want but if you think lyon's innocent well without rehashing it all

Lyon walked out on his mates fans etc, he played 1 game so he would pocket a 100 grand +. Thats the kind of bloke he is... oh yes now lets not forget the bullsh*t about him wanting to come back and play with parra again
and make amends MORE LIES.

but no poor jamies innocent PLEASE.

Bazal

Post Whore
Snoop said:
And when you are sick of a job and it gets you down you quit and find another job. Yes, footballers and different in that they sign a contract and under the contract he was unable to play for a rival club until the end of the contract. He stopped playing for you guys and stopped getting paid. You seem to be dirty on the guy for having the guts to turn his back on a truckload of cash because his heart was not in it. The biggest dickhead in the whole affair was Fitzgerald (no surprises there though).
Firstly-Lyon was not just employed, he was under contract. He asked for personal time for reasons I forget, something about a miscarriage or some such that turned out to be a lie, and then showed up at a Manly game before formally asking for a release from that contract. Would you say that is the proper way to go about it? I think not.

Secondly-Lyon had just signed a three year deal commencing in 2004. He played one game of that deal and then walked out on the club. Would you grant him a release under those circumstances? Fitzy made a good call in the interests of the Parramatta club.

Thirdly-How in f**ks name is a million-dollar deal with St Helens turning his back on a truckload of cash? I was under the impression that he did get paid over there...maybe you know differently? :roll: He was also still being paid up until he was given permission to sign that deal....

Snoop

Coach
eelsta said:
Snoop said:
So that's a known fact is it?

well i suppose it comes in handy to blame BS for everything:roll:

So you have a go at me about facts but now slink away from your own 'facts'. Big man there Eelsta. Perhaps you need to use more rolly eyes.

CharlieF

Juniors
eelsta said:
So if brett stewart did this you'd be ok would you,i think not.. believe what you want but if you think lyon's innocent well without rehashing it all

Lyon walked out on his mates fans etc, he played 1 game so he would pocket a 100 grand +. Thats the kind of bloke he is... oh yes now lets not forget the bullsh*t about him wanting to come back and play with parra again
and make amends MORE LIES.

but no poor jamies innocent PLEASE.

If Brett Stewart truly did not want to play, we would be upset, but not to the point of pure hatred. I'm sure that if something like that did happen, it would be handled a lot better not only by Manly, but by just about any other club.

Snoop

Coach
Bazal said:
Firstly-Lyon was not just employed, he was under contract. He asked for personal time for reasons I forget, something about a miscarriage or some such that turned out to be a lie, and then showed up at a Manly game before formally asking for a release from that contract. Would you say that is the proper way to go about it? I think not.

Probably not but players are often sighted at other team's games. It is no secret that Lyon and Cleal are close.

Bazal said:
Secondly-Lyon had just signed a three year deal commencing in 2004. He played one game of that deal and then walked out on the club. Would you grant him a release under those circumstances? Fitzy made a good call in the interests of the Parramatta club.

Funny, I remember Fitzy being more than willing to release him to practically any other club bar Manly.

Bazal said:
Thirdly-How in f**ks name is a million-dollar deal with St Helens turning his back on a truckload of cash?

Initially he went and played for Wee Waa did he not? He would have got free beers at the pub at best. Are you suggesting he left the Eels in the knowledge that he would play in England?

Snoop

Coach
El Diablo said:
because it is ridiculous

No, because answering it would incriminate you one way or the other. To say that coin throwers should have action taken against them would go against what all the Eels supporters have been saying here. On the other hand, to say that coin throwers are just having harmless fun would void your Watmough story.

Bazal

Post Whore
Snoop said:
Funny, I remember Fitzy being more than willing to release him to practically any other club bar Manly.

Initially he went and played for Wee Waa did he not? He would have got free beers at the pub at best. Are you suggesting he left the Eels in the knowledge that he would play in England?

IIRC he was refused a release to Penrith after we gave him permission to negotiate, something about them not paying enough of the contract. That was pure business. He was also refused permission to negotiate with Manly. From memory they were the only clubs with the room to get him, I don't claim that my memory is perfect however.

As for the second comment, he was still receiving payment from Parramatta when he was playing for Wee Waa, he then signed a contract with St Helens. I fail to see how that is turning his back on a truckload of cash...

Bazal

Post Whore
Snoop said:
No, because answering it would incriminate you one way or the other. To say that coin throwers should have action taken against them would go against what all the Eels supporters have been saying here. On the other hand, to say that coin throwers are just having harmless fun would void your Watmough story.

Yes, because of course they can't both be in the wrong now can they :roll:. What Watmough is alleged to have done is disgraceful and goes beyond simply throwing coins. What the idiots did on Sunday is also pathetic and most Eels fans agree that we wish morons like that would leave the club. You can't say there aren't idiots of that calibre at all clubs...

eelsta

Bench
CharlieF said:
If Brett Stewart truly did not want to play, we would be upset, but not to the point of pure hatred. I'm sure that if something like that did happen, it would be handled a lot better not only by Manly, but by just about any other club.

So if he turned up at a parra game a couple of weeks later flashing an eels jersey you would just be upset bullsh*t, oh yes and then he say's i'm coming back to manly to make amends to my mates.. THEN HE SIGNS A CONTRACT WITH PARRA
you would just be upset...yeah right..

And there's no doubt in my mind that brett would do any thing like that to his mates....