What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra Fans Throw Coins

parramaniac2516

Juniors
We wouldnt want him back he is no where near the player he used to be and yes he scored two tries yesterday. That does not make him a good player.

Shorty

Staff member
Well first of all,throwing coins is dangerous and totally over the top wrong.
It doesn't matter who it is,I'm pretty sure if we were playing at Mt Smart the Warriors fans wouldn't even act this way to Sione.

It's taking things too far,you can seriously hurt somebody and it makes out Parra fans and League fans to be crazy uncivilized mobs.

Why didn't they take fruit and veg to throw!

badav

Bench
Poopoo escobar. Someones already said it to you but you need to get a grip on reality. If you feel like you have the right to question other peoples courage why dont you lace up a boot and get out there yourself.

Snoop

Coach
ParraDude_Jay said:
You think it's acceptable to lie out of a contract to move to a rival club? You're a dill CharlieF.

He never got out of the contract. But he hated playing for Parra so much that he preferred to play for Wee Waa and St Helens during his contract period. His move to Manly was totally legit. The guy obvious hated playing for the Eels and the word is because of Smith but now I reckon it was because of their effed in the head fans.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Snoop said:
He never got out of the contract. But he hated playing for Parra so much that he preferred to play for Wee Waa and St Helens during his contract period. His move to Manly was totally legit. The guy obvious hated playing for the Eels and the word is because of Smith but now I reckon it was because of their effed in the head fans.

I dont care that he left, it was the way he left. Hes a sh*t player now, the only trys hes scored this year have been 5 metres out, he hasnt made one break, you can have him. I dont care if he hated Brian Smith, he should have just done hes time there and moved to another club ,lets not forget that is a job now adays.

Snoop

Coach
eels_fan_01 said:
I dont care if he hated Brian Smith, he should have just done hes time there and moved to another club ,lets not forget that is a job now adays.

And when you are sick of a job and it gets you down you quit and find another job. Yes, footballers and different in that they sign a contract and under the contract he was unable to play for a rival club until the end of the contract. He stopped playing for you guys and stopped getting paid. You seem to be dirty on the guy for having the guts to turn his back on a truckload of cash because his heart was not in it. The biggest dickhead in the whole affair was Fitzgerald (no surprises there though).

eels_fan_01

Bench
Snoop said:
And when you are sick of a job and it gets you down you quit and find another job. Yes, footballers and different in that they sign a contract and under the contract he was unable to play for a rival club until the end of the contract. He stopped playing for you guys and stopped getting paid. You seem to be dirty on the guy for having the guts to turn his back on a truckload of cash because his heart was not in it. The biggest dickhead in the whole affair was Fitzgerald (no surprises there though).

Maybe you might quit your job but i wouldnt and i havent. Lyon is just a big fat hamster looking wanker. I dont like Fitzgerald either but i mean your CEO looks like a friggin idiot, oh lets ban the guy for life for throwing 20 cents at a player, boo friggin woo. It was a childish thing to do and i wouldnt do it myself but hes going on like its a murderer.

parramaniac2516

Juniors
The only reason Lyon was still contracted to the Eels after he left is because Fitzgerald wouldnt allow him a release. Jamie Lyon wanted out and asked for a release so he could go play for Wee Waa then when he got tired with that he wanted to go play for another NRL club and if it was not for Fitzgerald making him honour his contract he most probably would of been at Manly that year.

Snoop

Coach
eels_fan_01 said:
Maybe you might quit your job but i wouldnt and i havent.

Damn straight I would. No use wasting your life doing something you don't enjoy.

eels_fan_01 said:
Lyon is just a big fat hamster looking wanker.

So you like/dislike of people is based on their looks? How can you stand Riddel?

eels_fan_01 said:
I dont like Fitzgerald either but i mean your CEO looks like a friggin idiot, oh lets ban the guy for life for throwing 20 cents at a player, boo friggin woo.

People get banned from sporting venues for much less. I would not agree with a life ban though.

eels_fan_01 said:
It was a childish thing to do and i wouldnt do it myself but hes going on like its a murderer.

Hyperbole does not win arguments.

El Diablo

Post Whore
speaking of coins

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,21605697-5005962,00.html

Girlfriend seeks NRL star AVO

THE former girlfriend of NRL star Anthony Watmough today accused the Manly footballer of throwing coins and a chair at her and intentionally jamming her between two sliding doors during their stormy relationship.

Gillian Rixon was giving evidence in Manly Local Court where she is seeking an apprehended violence order against the forward.

Miss Rixon was applying for the AVO as rugby league great Terry Lamb faced court over an alleged golf rage incident. For more on Terry Lamb click here.

Miss Rixon told the court she feared for her safety and that she had been subjected to several violent episodes during her seven-year relationship with Watmough.

On one occasion, after a New Year's Eve party in 2004, the footballer arrived home and began pelting her with coins.

"There were indents in the unit walls from the coins and one of them hit my head," she said. "I had a bruise on my forehead."

Miss Rixon said she was also hit on the shoulder with a chair thrown by Watmough and had a sliding glass door slammed into her.

She told the court she was scared of Watmough and feared further violence despite the fact their relationship had ended.

"I've seen what he has done before to me. I don't want to be hurt the way I was hurt," she said.

Watmough's legal team has described Miss Rixon's claims as "a pack of lies".

The hearing continues.

eelsta

Bench
Snoop said:

If he hated it so much why did he just sign a 4 yr deal the same year?

also why did he bend over backwards to get his mate cannings over to the eels the same time...... get your facts right he didn't leave because of smith, at least try to get it right :roll:

Snoop

Coach
El Diablo said:
i have no idea why you asked me the question

I have no idea what Watmough's AVO has to do with this thread either.

However, your failure to answer the question has been noted.