What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

parra vs manly rnd 3

The Colonel

Immortal
I also think we should give Peats a huge shot as our captain - Jarryd ain't ready. We need a mongrel of a captain who has plenty of smarts, aggression and inspirational motivation, a never say die attitude. Peats is the only player in our squad that shows such a temperament.

I agree with Peats being made captain. They seem to have a conference before they do anything like taking a quick tap or kicking for touch. Someone just needs to say this is what we are doing and do it.

seeing i expected a repeat of last week im happy
we didnt get the rub of the green but who does at brookie?
having said that, goal kicking is a BIG problem and it needs to be addressed

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Well it was a good effort by the boys.

I reckon we are going to have an ok season - we are definitely improving. We just played both grand finalists from last and were able to complete against them pretty good for 3 of the 4 halves of footy. Last year against both sides the game was pretty much over after the first 20.

If we can complete 80% of sets we will compete against any side as we are a very dangerous attacking side

The Colonel

Immortal
All I got from Nein's telecast was Manly players bitching like Hayne did in first half and rather than call them out and give them a talking to, Maxwell went to video ref. NRL should wake up they clearly don't need on-field refs, just let players call their own fouls and let the video ref adjudicate. Get rid of David Smith and hire Alan Joyce, he knows how to make your workforce more efficient

I agree but if Hayne had of stood up and got back in the line there wasn't time to do that. The idea was sort of right but poorly timed.

Chipmunk

Coach
Haven't read the rest of the posts here. BUT you guys got robbed. Manly's first and last tries came off of incorrect play the balls. I don't mean sloppy ones. Both times they were facing the side when they played it.

It was certainly a game that we should have won.

One that got away.

Last edited:

Kornstar

Coach
I agree but if Hayne had of stood up and got back in the line there wasn't time to do that. The idea was sort of right but poorly timed.

My problem is that you see that same tackle that DCE copped at least 4 times a game when the team is recovering the ball from the in goal, why penalise it today?

Parraren

Bench
Haven't read the rest of the posts here. BUT you guys got robbed. Manly's first and last tries came off of incorrect play the balls. I don't mean sloppy ones. Both times they were facing the side when they played it.

Unfortunately when you're down the bottom you don't get those calls.

We move on.

Gareth Keenan

Juniors
Gower is f**king rubbish and paulo and luke kelly are passengers. 3 shit players is enough to get you the spoon.

I don't know about this. Gower had a nervous start but went alright after that. Paulo varies our attack, he played well today. But yeah, Kelly doesn't seem to be making the most of his opportunity.

keitel

Juniors
I really think that Hayne lacks the diplomacy, among other things, to speak to refs. I got the impression that he got under the refs skin.

Well it was a good effort by the boys.

I reckon we are going to have an ok season - we are definitely improving. We just played both grand finalists from last and were able to complete against them pretty good for 3 of the 4 halves of footy. Last year against both sides the game was pretty much over after the first 20.

If we can complete 80% of sets we will compete against any side as we are a very dangerous attacking side

My problem is that you see that same tackle that DCE copped at least 4 times a game when the team is recovering the ball from the in goal, why penalise it today?

Pretty much but what can you do. Placed on report (the only way they can penalize it if I remember correctly), but the MRC will spend half a second saying Semi has no case to answer.

Very disappointing that we couldn't hold onto a lead.

Joely01

Bench
I really think that Hayne lacks the diplomacy, among other things, to speak to refs. I got the impression that he got under the refs skin.

Could you really blame him?
We weren't getting any of the calls manly were getting all game. I'd blow up as well

natheel

Coach
Better effort. Home next week. I'd bring Sandow in for his kicking and running game. Surely he would've had the brain to take the tackle where Kelly threw the worst pass to a manly player.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Amazingly we only completed 67% of sets compared to their 76% and conceded 10 penalties compared to their 4 yet still scored the same amount of tries as manly

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I am gutted, truly gutted. I thought we deserved to hang on to the win. The less said about maxwell the better. he hates us always has and despises Hayne. Lyon pisses and moans the whole game but thats fine.

People thought Paulo went well??? he's a f**king donkey two penalties sideways running and he let in their 2nd try when he didn't cover on the inside after Hoppa made a great tackle. Sure he does some good things but he is more rocks than diamonds.

Luke kelly is shit personified, Hayne puts him into a yawning gap with a 2 man overlap instead he slows up and then passes to the opposition. FMD worst 7 in the comp if Sandow plays we win today i truly believe that. Besides Gowers early mistakes i thought we went well.

Avenger

Immortal
Arthur is the right choice as coach. I have complete faith in this guy. My favourite since Anderson.

Latest posts