What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

parra vs manly rnd 3

Noise

Coach
Tonga was one of our best.

Agreed, but if you watched what he tried to do when we were ahead and on our own line you would know what i am talking about. He obviously doesn't think quickly. All he had to do was dive on the ball. But he decides to try and pick the ball up 1 handed on the fly, knocking it on and giving manly one last set of 6 on our line to score and win

Tooooks

Bench
I think Sandow has to come in. I don't blame Kelly for us losing, but he appears to offer very little. Sandow on his day can carve a team up. Give him a go with some quality outside backs and a good dummy half giving good service.

Chipmunk

Coach
Kelly doesn't offer much - he is never going to win us a game.

But really, our goal kicking lost us the match, make no mistake. Paulo didn't even look confident taking them. If we don't fix it, we will go from a team that could be 8th to 12th to bottom 4.

You have been watching a different NRL to me the last 3 weeks. Sure we had a crack today and we really should have come away with the two points. But, seriously, who in your opinion are the 4 to 8 teams that we will finish ahead of?

hindy111

Post Whore
I wna be atleast 2-6.A win there and we would of been.Round 6 is when you will see this team click.Some basic errors where horrid to watch..A bit of fine tuning I all that's needed.

Whats with the penalties? Nearly all on the last

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Kelly, Paulo, Toutai and Smith have to go.
We need to bring in Sandow, Sio, Junior Paulo and Lussick when his 4 match suspension is over
Use Toutai as a bash and barge forward.

1. Hayne
2. Sio
3. Hoppa
4. Tonga
5. Radrada
6. Norman
7. Sandow
8. Fui
9. Peats
10. Mannah
11. Toutai
12. Mau
13. Edwards

14. Kelepi
15. Terepo
16. Lussick
17. Junior Paulo

18. ZDC or Pritchard for 14
19. Allgood.

This squad could get us into the top 8.

Hoppa and Hayne can cover 6 or 7 and Toutai can cover 2, 3, 4, 5.

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The strange part of the game is Hayne going down cost us. In the last 3 minutes we trapped manly in goal and they had a goal line kick off - that would have wrapped the game up for us. However Hayne went down injured thus giving the video ref a few moments to review semis tackle on cherry which trapped him in goal - the result was a penalty to manly . If Hayne doesn't go down there is no review and we get the ball back.

hindy111

Post Whore
To be honest Joseph Paulo looks better than Norman and Kelly.Keeping an open mind on him still.With some good coaching can be an asset

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You have been watching a different NRL to me the last 3 weeks. Sure we had a crack today and we really should have come away with the two points. But, seriously, who in your opinion are the 4 to 8 teams that we will finish ahead of?

Cronulla, Newcastle, Warriors, Titans, Raiders, Tigers, Panthers, Dragons. Plus any other team that has a horror injury toll.

Noise

Coach
The strange part of the game is Hayne going down cost us. In the last 3 minutes we trapped manly in goal and they had a goal line kick off - that would have wrapped the game up for us. However Hayne went down injured thus giving the video ref a few moments to review semis tackle on cherry which trapped him in goal - the result was a penalty to manly . If Hayne doesn't go down there is no review and we get the ball back.

On the way home on triple m they were saying that watmough yelled at cherry evans to go down (after he got up) so they would have a look at it. It worked. They need to get rid of the replay for penalties. (We did get one with fui staying down though)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
To be honest Joseph Paulo looks better than Norman and Kelly.Keeping an open mind on him still.With some good coaching can be an asset

I agree. He goes alright, and offers something different. Playing middle half he creates plenty of space for his outside men.

Delboy

First Grade
The ideal 7 for our side was lost to the club by supercoach Hages, Hodkinson is exactly what we need, solid, great goal kicker and reasonably heady.

You don't get 50/50 calls when the era think you are going to lose anyway, and we are too dumb to slow the play the ball down, having said that they let Moanly get away with far more holding the they should.

Solve the wrestle and get a goal kicker at 7, the the team is competitive ( that does require bigger front rowers)

Tonga is having a very good game , haven't seen that so called one handed pick up yet

Noise

Coach
Paulo played well today in attack. He struggles with the wrestle and often gets penalised for laying on players when he is defending

hindy111

Post Whore
The ideal 7 for our side was lost to the club by supercoach Hages, Hodkinson is exactly what we need, solid, great goal kicker and reasonably heady.

You don't get 50/50 calls when the era think you are going to lose anyway, and we are too dumb to slow the play the ball down, having said that they let Moanly get away with far more holding the they should.

Solve the wrestle and get a goal kicker at 7, the the team is competitive ( that does require bigger front rowers)

Tonga is having a very good game , haven't seen that so called one handed pick up yet

Average player IMO.Maloney was the one that got away.And Albert Kelly

Latest posts