What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

parra vs manly rnd 3

Chipmunk

Coach
Cronulla, Newcastle, Warriors, Titans, Raiders, Tigers, Panthers, Dragons. Plus any other team that has a horror injury toll.

I'd be surprised if we finished ahead of a minimum of 4 of those teams and I seriously think it is doubtful that we will finish ahead of all of them

The Colonel

Immortal
The strange part of the game is Hayne going down cost us. In the last 3 minutes we trapped manly in goal and they had a goal line kick off - that would have wrapped the game up for us. However Hayne went down injured thus giving the video ref a few moments to review semis tackle on cherry which trapped him in goal - the result was a penalty to manly . If Hayne doesn't go down there is no review and we get the ball back.

That was what allowed them the penalty. If he got up and played on we get the ball back and run the clock down. Wasn't a great idea. Trying to waste time but in the end it allowed them to be in a position to win.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Paulo kicking goals shows what a disgrace Norman is,lolz at any half not be able to kick goals due to shitness

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
There are far more liabilities with Paulo's game than whatever attacking benefits he brings to our game. He is mentally weak between the ears. We need crafty, hard-nut, uncompromising players like G Stewart or Watmough. Paulo is generally a piss-weak player. We need to blood more and more of our juniors to give them the opportunity to learn what its going to take to excel and win consistently in the NRL.

Over two seasons if any of our juniors don't reveal a growing toughness, etc, let them go.

For next season we need to buy G Stewart or Watmough, etc, for one or two seasons to help our juniors learn what its going to take to step up to the top (or near to the top) of the ladder, year after year.

I would even start blooding players like Ualesi and even give Lasalo another game or two to see if he could finally excel in the NRL as one of our big boppers.... Have not watched him play this year but keep hearing good things about him.

I also think we should give Peats a huge shot as our captain - Jarryd ain't ready. We need a mongrel of a captain who has plenty of smarts, aggression and inspirational motivation, a never say die attitude. Peats is the only player in our squad that shows such a temperament.

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach
It all comes down to injuries. Like it does every year.

We will also have our fair share of injuries. who knows what the outcome of Hayne's ankle problem is going to be.

We played a team today that had two spine player missing, moved a right side player out of position to play on the left, essentially causing their entire attack to be totally disjointed and disrupting their tried and true defensive and attack structures. This team also turned up with a lacklustre attitude and they still came away with the two points. If we couldnt get a win today I'm not sure we will get a better chance to get a win over them again.

This was a game we should have won, were in a winning position, and didnt win. I'd be surprised if 6 or 7 of those 8 teams you mentioned above wouldnt have beaten Manly today given similar circumstances.

We need to get a win over the next 3 weeks, otherwise I'd back us in for specials for the spoon again.

Delboy

First Grade
Yep Alfie Langer, Sterling, Kenny, etc to should never have been picked in the halves , fair dinkum who said that

saint.nick

Coach
How can a whole team not know how to kick a goal? Ffs, It's quite an easy thing to do compared to all the other things players like five eighths need to know. Faaaaaarout, I'm f**king sick of Manly and their feral club.

84 Baby

Referee
That was what allowed them the penalty. If he got up and played on we get the ball back and run the clock down. Wasn't a great idea. Trying to waste time but in the end it allowed them to be in a position to win.

All I got from Nein's telecast was Manly players bitching like Hayne did in first half and rather than call them out and give them a talking to, Maxwell went to video ref. NRL should wake up they clearly don't need on-field refs, just let players call their own fouls and let the video ref adjudicate. Get rid of David Smith and hire Alan Joyce, he knows how to make your workforce more efficient

Someone

Bench
Gower is f**king rubbish and paulo and luke kelly are passengers. 3 shit players is enough to get you the spoon.

Helen

Juniors
Haven't read the rest of the posts here. BUT you guys got robbed. Manly's first and last tries came off of incorrect play the balls. I don't mean sloppy ones. Both times they were facing the side when they played it.

Latest posts