What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

parra vs manly rnd 3

ParraSteve

Juniors
Peats may just be our most important buy in quite along time, he was outstanding today

Hayne perhaps needs to dial it back a bit but loving his passion he's showing out therr

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Going into Pre season you would of picked Semi and Mau? Most people never heard of Manu.I have from forty20 and stagger eels threads but I hadn't seen him play. K.Edwards was getting more of the gloss....

I saw Ma'u play once for Wenty last year and he carved up, but so did Pat O'Hanlon.

In the same game Kenny Edwards absolutely dominated. A 10/10 performance, maybe even an 11.

Parra Pride

Referee
I have no doubt BA originally picked him for his size to compensate for our lack of go forward.

2 big wingers gives you good early metres in the set.

Semi has stepped up big time but Vai needs to go.

Sio, Hunt (small zippy + goal kicking) or Folau (size and huge potential but also very raw) need to get a shot now.

I always though Sio was quite good as far as kick returns went.

hindy111

Post Whore
I have no doubt BA originally picked him for his size to compensate for our lack of go forward.

2 big wingers gives you good early metres in the set.

Semi has stepped up big time but Vai needs to go.

Sio, Hunt (small zippy + goal kicking) or Folau (size and huge potential but also very raw) need to get a shot now.

Falou has looked average in under 20's.PASS

spiderdan

Bench
Good effort by the players to work their way into a position to win it, albeit falling just short.

What we basically have here is what was predominantly a side that knows how to win playing a side that needs to learn how, and is in the process of learning, to win.

It's a huge turn around from last week and should give arfer's a place to work from to instill and build confidence in our players.

They have shown how they can back up after a smashing today. Now they need to build on today.

hindy111

Post Whore
The players that show me there not up to it are MoiMoi, Vai,Kelly.
Smith is close to this group.

K.Edwards, J.Paulo are worth persisting with for now.Both are showing a little bit.Paulo is making around 30 tackles a game and not missing many.Not sure why everyone hates him so much yet Edwards seems to get off the bashing

Joely01

Bench
I always though Sio was quite good as far as kick returns went.

Sio kick returns is his big strong point in his game, that and doing the hard yards early in our sets.

I don't think Vai is very big at all... In fact I think Sio is bigger.

Strangenuts

Juniors
What's up with Corey Norman ? I know it's early days but I expected a bit more.

I can't say I've made my mind up. I think his kicking game is pretty good, and there is glimpses of a running game. I was very disappointed in that cut out pass to the winger's feet. As your number 6 on big coin, they are the plays you need to make. :x

Ant

Juniors
Shattered with result, but good bounce back. I don't think there is any real reason to alter team. We look quite capable of scoring points, so I can't bag our attack, not everything works, but realistically how much footy has the current combo played together, you'd expect it will take time. Every player has offered good things in one of three games. Peats is a great signing.
The real issue today was lack of composure and silly errors.
We can blame the ref, but for mine most of the penalties were deserved, we were just laying on them, paulo can offer some good things, but he leg pulls nearly every tackle. The hiku, Lyon and matai tries were soft. We got in front, gave away a crap high tackle penalty. Then mid field bomb we manage to knock on trying to run away with it. Then no defends the tap down to matai off giant.
So we lost it, but we were better.

TheRam

Coach
Kelly, Smith, Gower, Toutai & Paulo are all useless.

I would love to see King Arthur swap Toutai for Bureta Faraimo next week. I have a feeling this guy could be a sensation.

Also I would like to see Brenden Santi take B Smiths position. Surely he couldn't be any worse. I mean look at Smiths stats for this game.

Ben Smith -25 Mins 6 Receives 4 Runs(19m) 1 T.Brks 11 Tackles.

And he is supposed to lead by example. What a joke. At the minimum, Santi would make at least 30 tackles just on adrenalin.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Damn proud of the effort. Sucks to lose, and it sucks harder to lose in such a manner, but what a performance - after bending over last week, they showed some ticker and pride.

:clap:

We will make some waves this year yet...

Latest posts