What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pathetic Manly Fans

Eels Dude

Coach
AS a fan i would love to see some of our officials shut up some times, because they do make the whole place seem like whingers.
But the meda in sydney loves to report anything remotely manly as a negative spin to stir up the extremists and so many just jump in head first.
People like Max Delemege saved our club, but really didn't give us a good image with the way he carried on.
ANYWAY...
On a side note it is a little funny to call the manly CEO arrogant, given you support Parra and Fitzgerrald was the perfect example of arrogance.

For the record I hated Denis Fitzgerald too. The way he went on about the pokie tax and kicking Melbourne out was over the top and gave our club negative publicity also. He probably did a better job than our current mob off the field but I used to cringe every time he spoke to the media.

I was just pointing out Hasler continually whingeing about something every single week does more harm than good for Manly's reputation. It brings up that 'us vs them' attitude to opposition fans and that's where Manly fans get defensive.

I hope Hasler and the officials shut up too, I don't want to hate Manly I'd actually want to be able cheer on a team in the GF if it ends up being 1 v 2 and I certainly won't be cheering for Melbourne.

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
For the record I hated Denis Fitzgerald too. The way he went on about the pokie tax and kicking Melbourne out was over the top and gave our club negative publicity also. He probably did a better job than our current mob off the field but I used to cringe every time he spoke to the media.

I was just pointing out Hasler continually whingeing about something every single week does more harm than good for Manly's reputation. It brings up that 'us vs them' attitude to opposition fans and that's where Manly fans get defensive.

I hope Hasler and the officials shut up too, I don't want to hate Manly I'd actually want to be able cheer on a team in the GF if it ends up being 1 v 2 and I certainly won't be cheering for Melbourne.
;-)
What has the world come to.. a manly and parra fan agreeing on something.
Hasler is a fantastic coach, but sometimes need to learn how to accept a loss for what it is. THe press club bait him, and he bites, I love him to just ignore them some times..

Goddo

Bench
No need to take your frustration with your own side out on manly, we are going just fine thanks.

1 of the higher Sydney home ground averages this year
No, 3rd worst, 7/9, only beating Penrith and Cronulla, who didn't finish 2nd. This total is inflated too, counting all of a double header in Brisbane. Crowd-wise Manly, Penrith and Cronulla are sh!te. How bad would you be if you finished 2nd last?
Best performing sydney side this year
Plenty of fantastic young players in our side
Woopty do. Can you bank that success with sponsors and members? :sarcasm:
Internationally recognised Major sponsor.
How much are they paying?
Private ownership so financal future is secure.
Not true. Did you read the article about Manly's finances earlier in the week. They are sick of forking out money for the club. Hows the Leagues club going?
But hey we have to play out of a shit hole... we were undefeated there...
Worst ground in the game, by a long long way.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
No need to take your frustration with your own side out on manly, we are going just fine thanks.

But you continue listen to the dribble from the DT, and continue to use your hatred of manly to make you feel better for your own short comings....

Absolutely not. 7th among sydney clubs ahead of penrith and cronulla

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
MANLY 15296
SOUTHS 14381
PARRA 15150
ROOSTERS 14418
SHARKS 12094
DOGS 19528
DRAGONS 17419
TIGERS 17848

4th of 8 so sorry we are middle not one of the top.
I was only responding to the suggestion manly need to be booted from the comp, based on crap

El Diablo

Post Whore

But you continue listen to the dribble from the DT, and continue to use your hatred of manly to make you feel better for your own short comings....

nothing refutes what i posted

and this isn't the DT http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...es-now-on-struggle-street-20110909-1k1u3.html

Nothing signifies just how far the Sea Eagles have slumped than the name on the front of their jerseys.

During the club's last great era of success in the 1990s, Manly had soft drink giant Pepsi as their major sponsor, but until Russian IT security firm Kaspersky Lab came on board two months ago, the club's respective home and away jerseys were adorned by Penn Health and Quantum Solar Power - companies associated with Manly's owners - because they couldn't get anyone else.

Beachy Eagle

Juniors

So sorry i confused the DT with the SMH....
A paper bagging a club for having international sponsorship, and who would have thought the owners would have used thier own companies as major sponsors OMG:roll:.

The owners have reinforced thier commitment to the great club, but have insisted that it becomes more comercially savy and less "family club", who would have though rugby league has become a business.....
With the poker machine tax cominng like a tsunami, I feel more comportable with a board trying to become commercially stable, than a club that it completely reliable on a leagues club grant.

Last edited:

Goddo

Bench
MANLY 15296
SOUTHS 14381
PARRA 15150
ROOSTERS 14418
SHARKS 12094
DOGS 19528
DRAGONS 17419
TIGERS 17848

4th of 8 so sorry we are middle not one of the top.
I was only responding to the suggestion manly need to be booted from the comp, based on crap

You dopy Karmichael. The double header isn't counted, not by the NRL. Even if it were, you can only reasonably claim half of it.

Also, you left off Penrith. Try again.

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
You dopy Karmichael. The double header isn't counted, not by the NRL. Even if it were, you can only reasonably claim half of it.

Also, you left off Penrith. Try again.
Sorry poor penrith
PANTHERS 12299
4th of 9
and I am not interested in pulling out of the games taken away from home grounds by all clubs for financal gains.
Agin it was only a response to a suggestion from an eels fan that we wshould be kicked out base don the fact that the manly club offers nothng.
I realise our own figures arn't fantastic... take it for what it is

El Diablo

Post Whore
Agin it was only a response to a suggestion from an eels fan that we wshould be kicked out base don the fact that the manly club offers nothng.

lol

how manly local juniors are playing in the entire NRL?

you offer nothing

you don't even rate well

Didgi

Sorry poor penrith
PANTHERS 12299
4th of 9
and I am not interested in pulling out of the games taken away from home grounds by all clubs for financal gains.
I realise our own figures arn't fantastic... take it for what it is

:lol: Of course you're not, it doesnt suit your argument.

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
lol

how manly local juniors are playing in the entire NRL?

you offer nothing

you don't even rate well
Cool, I am too tired today from supporting my team my last night, lets just agree that you hate manly and think they are all shit.

I will continue to support them though thier success and failure over many years to come, whether people like you like it or not.

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
:lol: Of course you're not, it doesnt suit your argument.
God it was never meant to be an arguement, if anyone was to look at why I posted it, it was just a response to drbble from a eels fan.
I have acknowledged that our crowd numbers are not good enough...
I suggested I did not want to pull the ranking apart because of how many sides play at multiple home grounds and how many sides take games to Gosford, Perth, Adelaide , Nz.
I am not gloating about our poor crowd figures, I was just responding to dribble.

koal4e

Juniors
totallt agree with people talking about kick off time, 8:30pm is quite late for families to go to the game, even if on a Fri night.