What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peats

mickdo

Coach
Suspensions carry over when a player changes clubs. I can't see a problem here.

The problem is that it happened months ago and we were only just informed by the NRL, robbing us the chance for him to serve any suspension during the 9's or preseason. How many weeks is Willie Mason getting?

eel01s

Bench
So will Mason get a suspension as well? Or the other Knights players, or that St George player Garvin? Or anyone else that has f***ed up since October???

Maroubra Eel

Coach
The problem is that it happened months ago and we were only just informed by the NRL, robbing us the chance for him to serve any suspension during the 9's or preseason. How many weeks is Willie Mason getting?

Good point. Seems strange it's only just come up now.
Must be more to it.

So will Mason get a suspension as well? Or the other Knights players, or that St George player Garvin? Or anyone else that has f***ed up since October???

Well if Garvey is found to have done what is alleged, of course he'll get suspended. Allgood wasn't suspended for his Mason-like idiocy, so it's hard to predict what the NRL will do in Willie's case.

Do you lot actually think that the NRL sits there and says 'Hmmm.....let's sit on this Peats issue for a while so that we can do more damage to the Eels'?

Noise

Coach
Has anyone ever previously been suspended for an off field incident that the nrl refuses to tell us about?

Some valid questions. Why hasn't Mason been suspended and fined? He risked the publics safety. And for parra to cop it when he was still under Souths contract just compoundes it.

strider

Post Whore
so how do you know the club only just found out about it? ... just cos we don't know doesn't mean no one else did ... i mean i know we are important, but maybe we miss the odd thing

also i was under the impression nrl contracts ran until the season finished (early october) - in which case wouldn't he have been technically contracted to us then?

emjaycee

Coach
so how do you know the club only just found out about it? ... just cos we don't know doesn't mean no one else did ... i mean i know we are important, but maybe we miss the odd thing

also i was under the impression nrl contracts ran until the season finished (early october) - in which case wouldn't he have been technically contracted to us then?

I dont think new contracts kick in until pre-season starts... so if a player changes clubs, they are effectively without a contract for a short period.

mickdo

Coach
so how do you know the club only just found out about it?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/nathan-peats-has-been-stood-down-and-fined-by-parramatta-over-offfield-incident/story-e6frf3tc-1226850714352

The NRL initially wanted Peats fined $10,000 and banned for the first two matches of the season, but did not contact Parramatta until he’d been named for last week’s clash against the Warriors.

Peats will sit-out Saturday night’s clash against the Roosters as punishment for the incident, which occurred at a friend’s wedding while he was still contracted to South Sydney last October.

strider

Post Whore
btw - that doesn't mean the club didn't know about it - it means the NRL never decided the penalty until after naming him round 1

strider

Post Whore
So the headline says we fined him and we stood him down - surely the NRL had some say in the penalty or we could have just fined him $10k and not suspended him.

it sounds like we didn't decide diddly - we just announced it .... bulshit headline i'd say

forward pass

Coach
Interesting that all anyone on here is concerned about is the fact we will lose him for a week. I know there are no charges laid but you can join the dots as to what has happened. If it is what it appears, then we are damn lucky he is playing at all.

Latest posts