What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peats

emjaycee

Coach
it sounds like we didn't decide diddly - we just announced it .... bulshit headline i'd say

Yep and typical.

And the article says the NRL was informed of the incident by the woman?s father, who is also a police officer.

Wonder whether the dad would have gone and told Woolworths HR department if Peats packed shelves there for a living - f**ken tall poppy syndrome at work.

mickdo

Coach
Interesting that all anyone on here is concerned about is the fact we will lose him for a week. I know there are no charges laid but you can join the dots as to what has happened. If it is what it appears, then we are damn lucky he is playing at all.

I don't think that's the case at all. More from the article:

The NRL Integrity Unit found Peats inappropriately pushed the woman away during the function, which incited a brief altercation with other guests.

However, witness accounts claim the 23-year-old had been verbally harassed for a considerable period beforehand. Peats and the woman were known to one another from Sydney.

“Nathan had only one or two drinks and kept his cool for quite some time,” one witness said. “There ended up being contact between them, but the woman definitely wasn’t injured and he left shortly afterwards.”

emjaycee

Coach
Interesting that all anyone on here is concerned about is the fact we will lose him for a week. I know there are no charges laid but you can join the dots as to what has happened. If it is what it appears, then we are damn lucky he is playing at all.

According to the Foxsports article, sounds like she was hassling him for a while and he eventually pushed her away... don't join dots that aren't there mate. :D

Either Dad was there too or she came home and told him about it and he decided to hop into the blower to the NRL and dob Peats in.

I so love the victim mentality we are breeding these days - not.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Sounds silly I mean she sounds like she was instigating it .If he smacked his kid on the bum? hmmmm I think im turning japanesa-think im turning japanesa do you think so?

strider

Post Whore
"one witness said" ..... hmmmmmm

obviously I don't know shit about what happened, same as everyone else ..... but i love how we pick and choose when to discount anonymous sources depending on our spin on the article :-k

Forty20

First Grade
The foxsports story paints the decision in a farcical light. You would think there would have to be something more to the story?

To punish Peats and Parramatta for that in such a way after brushing asides various violence allegations and charges at Newcastle (among other cases across the NRL) in the offseason would be a gross overreaction in light of the witness accounts.

mickdo

Coach
"one witness said" ..... hmmmmmm

obviously I don't know shit about what happened, same as everyone else ..... but i love how we pick and choose when to discount anonymous sources depending on our spin on the article :-k

You seemed happy to assume the worst even without an article, now there is one and you say we're picking and choosing? :?

strider

Post Whore
You seemed happy to assume the worst even without an article, now there is one and you say we're picking and choosing? :?

no not at all ... i'm saying i don't know wtf happened, but maybe just 1 week off is a good outcome

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Are we sure he wasn't just protecting her from self-harm?

I reckon he had her by the wrists while shouting "Stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself!!!"

Sometimes merkins just want to slap themselves in the face. There's nothing you can do to stop them.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
The eels need to get to the bottom of this. If he did push a woman I would have no problem with ripping up his contract.

#zerotolerance

Latest posts