What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peats

natheel

Coach
btw - that doesn't mean the club didn't know about it - it means the NRL never decided the penalty until after naming him round 1

Or forgot about it and didn't realise till they got the line ups saw his name and were like "ohhhh Yeh now we remember what we were meant to do"

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Sounds like he went out with a Bunny boiler who couldn't let go, there has to be more than this because otherwise Parra should have told the NRL to shit in their boot and eat it. Couldn't imagine Seward saying boo to a mouse.

Smith: We have a problem with Peats.

Seward: Shit in your boot Dave. Better still, when you are finished snapping a log into said boot, why don't you eat it you welsh git.

Yeah, you're right it probably wouldn't have happened....

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Obviously we dont know exactly what happened but it appears he pushed a woman for some reason, possibility because she was harassing him. So a one match ban is fine with me, yeah it may have not have been all his fault but he should have known better then to push her. I guarantee peats could play 80 mins of footy and cop 80 mins of abuse from an Ennis type player without even thinking about it.

However you would think the nrl could have made a decision a lot earlier.

Foran would be my pick to replace him - has nrl experience at hooker

FFS, the guy has copped what is effectively a one week suspension, for an action that both the NRL and the Parramatta club agreed was a breach of the Code of Conduct, and the player has accepted the penalty. Our own media release makes it clear that we were a party to the investigation. Whatever happened occurred in Bali in October last year, a complaint was made and it was investigated. Did any of you consider that during the interim time the NRL may have been negotiating with the complainant to reach a settlement that kept this from blowing up into a bigger issue (and possibly a greater PITA for the Eels)?

People seem happy to accept the 'testimony' of an unnamed and untested witness cited in a newspaper report if it suits their side, but any other perspective is simply 'speculation'.

natheel

Coach
I'm just pissed because if he served this ban prior to round 1 we wouldn't know how much of a huge loss he is going to be against Roosters this week. Hopefully this is the only game he misses because he is going to be a big part of what success we have this year

Or forgot about it and didn't realise till they got the line ups saw his name and were like "ohhhh Yeh now we remember what we were meant to do"

I don't get why the fact that he was named in the round one side has any bearing on the suspension being handed out. Clubs name players facing charged (judiciary) all the time. And if (for example) JH punches on with his neighbour on Wednesday after team lists are announced, will the NRL let him play that weekend and suspend him the following week?

Gronk

Staff member
Peats having anger issues about the time that Pou sledged him on twitter and Peats was forced to block him !

Pou you merkin ! :fist:

Delboy

First Grade
What ticks people off , is Reni and others serve their punishment in the ore-season and this ban for Peats comes in the season despite the incident occurring in October.

That seems a little unbalanced, but then when you consider the salary cap that the Rorters and the Dogs operate under compared to the rest of the comp then being unbalanced appears OK

What ticks people off , is Reni and others serve their punishment in the ore-season and this ban for Peats comes in the season despite the incident occurring in October.

That seems a little unbalanced, but then when you consider the salary cap that the Rorters and the Dogs operate under compared to the rest of the comp then being unbalanced appears OK

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner.

Joely01

Bench
Firstly im not condoning what Peats has done (if he has pushed a girl)

What i will say though is i've had drinks with past and present players a number of times, mainly at local pubs to watch whatever sport was on and have a bit of a yarn. It is actually ridiculous the amount of girls who just through themselves at them, time and time again. Ive also seen guys for no reason at all come and try and start a fight to be a big man in front of his mates.

Im not excusing Peats for what he has done, just trying to paint the picture that a lot of the time they are the victim.

Delboy

First Grade
Only the conspiracy theorists will be dinging bells.

So Uncle Nick, Greenberg and Shoebox were happy for it to be an even playing field,?

Falou/$Bw ring a bell, Dogs ongoing signings when having a roster full of internationals and SOO players, of course any queries need to be banished :)

born an eel

Bench
Firstly im not condoning what Peats has done (if he has pushed a girl)

What i will say though is i've had drinks with past and present players a number of times, mainly at local pubs to watch whatever sport was on and have a bit of a yarn. It is actually ridiculous the amount of girls who just through themselves at them, time and time again. Ive also seen guys for no reason at all come and try and start a fight to be a big man in front of his mates.

Im not excusing Peats for what he has done, just trying to paint the picture that a lot of the time they are the victim.
It's now all about keeping the fans happy, it is a players duty to make sure all fans do not walk away from the game unhappy.

If a fan whats a piece of a player it is his responsibility to take one for the code. Pushing away over excited female fans is not an acceptable excuse. :sarcasm:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Even if he was defending himself? Even if the push was to get her away from him (witness said she was harassing him for ages)?

I used to be in the army with an ex-bouncer. The bloke could have been an assault lawyer with all he knew about how much you could get away with bashing merkins. For instance, it is perfectly acceptable to shove somebody with your hands open, in order to 'create protective distance' when you 'fear for your own safety'. Or words to that effect.

This merkin also knew heaps about steroids.

Latest posts