What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith Panthers lower grades 2024

Kilkenny

Coach
Riki and Sommerton injured. Riki’s didn’t look good, knee injury. We were a bit blunt in the 1st half, much better in the 2nd half. I thought it was a pretty spirited game, both sides ripped in and there was a bit of niggle in the game. We just paid for our mistakes, a couple of drops from longi led to two tries. Disappointing to lose in the end but there were some positives.

Flegg boys had a good win. Our fullback had three try assists in the first half two line breaks and the final pass on another. The Sharks were a big side, there two starting front towers we’re excellent big boppers and took some stopping.

Kilkenny

Coach
At some point I tend to think young Iongi in NSW Cuo May have to look for an opportunity elsewhere. It’s hard to see a pathway for him into the top grade here and Jaxen Edgar is emerging behind him. Edgar broke the game open yesterday setting up three tries after we were locked up at 6-6. He’s a small body, but certainly can accelerate through an opening. Harrison Hackett had a good game back in Flegg, nice to see, scored a couple of tries. He will need to add some bulk but the raw talent is evident.

Falefa Letoi in NSW Cup is an interesting one, really don’t know anything about him, appears to have started this season with the Roosters feeder side. He is a seriously big unit, but mobile. Could be something to work on. The two recent recruits from the Wests Tigers both had decent games, not spectacular but looked OK.

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
I don't think Iongi has the size to be able to play wing either. He may need a season or two in ESL unless Edgar can play 5/8 or wing.

But Edgar sure does look promising.

Good to see Hassett respond to dropping with a big game. Will hopefully give him some confidence going forward.

Kilkenny

Coach
Nick Murphy is a real trier, had lots of hit ups on the weekend against the Jets so I assume his metres were obviously very good hence his selection. You can’t miss him if you watch him, his long hair under the head guard. If nothing else he doesn’t shirk the hard carries.

Latest posts