What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

People You Want To Hurt. A lot.

AILD

Bench
Yeah if someone dies in a car crash but is brought back to life its because "god" did it...god was watching over them and didnt want to take them too soon. Has nothing to do with the medical team that helped them.

god has a plan for everyone apparently...so the people that do kill, rape, torture and all that other bad stuff are only doing what god had planned them to do? No ofcourse not...the "devil" must have got to them and turned them sour.

Eelementary

Post Whore
lol thats always the response to that. He gives you the tools to make your way...blah blah blah.

god is according to christians " all loving, all knowing and all powerful".

i ripped this quote from another site:

I never said I agreed with it. ;-)

He gave you life. He gave you your existence. You repay him by having faith in Him and showing that you can make the right choices with His guidance but without His interference.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yet when bad things happen it's god's will..??

Like I said - I don't agree with it. But you will find people who blame God are not true believers. True believers won't just blame God for the bad - they'll blame God for the good too.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yeah if someone dies in a car crash but is brought back to life its because "god" did it...god was watching over them and didnt want to take them too soon. Has nothing to do with the medical team that helped them.

god has a plan for everyone apparently...so the people that do kill, rape, torture and all that other bad stuff are only doing what god had planned them to do? No ofcourse not...the "devil" must have got to them and turned them sour.

No, no - rapists, murderers, etc. are all God's creations. Ever read the Old Testament? He was a real prick.

But you're looking at it the wrong way; think of God as the mad scientist Victor Frankenstein. He creates life, and lets it go on about its own path in an experiment to see just how far they'll go to help and/or destroy one another. We're all pawns in his sick, twisted experiment. :)

Eelementary

Post Whore
To expand on that - what "better" way for God to test the faith of His followers than by creating natural disasters, taking away loved ones, adding rapists, terrorists and murderers to the mix? If you can see the evil in the world and experience it first-hand, and still come out afterwards praising His name and having faith in Him, then in His eyes everything has worked out.

As for Satan, he isn't necessarily "evil"; he's merely a rebel. He challenged God.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm not religious, by the way. I mean strictly speaking I'm Catholic, but I don't practice the religion (pardon the pun) religiously or anything. I just like a good debate.

God-King Dean

Immortal
If we're gonna talk about religion killing people, talk about that merkin Pope condemning the use of condoms. Millions of people in Africa are dying from AIDS because of it.

lol, seriously, how the f**k did they come to the conclusion God doesn't like condoms ?

" Thou shalt not use thy rubber, because it doesn't feel as good... "

AILD

Bench
To expand on that - what "better" way for God to test the faith of His followers than by creating natural disasters, taking away loved ones, adding rapists, terrorists and murderers to the mix? If you can see the evil in the world and experience it first-hand, and still come out afterwards praising His name and having faith in Him, then in His eyes everything has worked out.

As for Satan, he isn't necessarily "evil"; he's merely a rebel. He challenged God.

i understand what your saying....but i think its bullsh*t :lol:. There is no point to it...if he wanted to live the after life with all good people...why didnt he just create heaven, make everyone good loving people and live happily on a cloud with the good people for all eternity?. why put people through so much pain and anger etc.

And what about those who dont come out praising his name? what about the poor children that are murdered or raped every day.....what does that prove?

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
If we're gonna talk about religion killing people, talk about that merkin Pope condemning the use of condoms. Millions of people in Africa are dying from AIDS because of it.

lol, seriously, how the f**k did they come to the conclusion God doesn't like condoms ?

" Thou shalt not use thy rubber, because it doesn't feel as good... "

The Church condemns sex because sex is for procreation in their eyes - recreational sex, to put it very bluntly, is wrong because it's a waste of sperm - sperm which is a potential life.

Essentially, condoms are wrong because they waste sperm, which is potential life, which is wrong.

Stupidity.

Eelementary

Post Whore
i understand what your saying....but i think its bullsh*t :lol:. There is no point to it...if he wanted to live the after life with all good people...why didnt he just create heaven, make everyone good loving people and live happily on a cloud with the good people for all eternity?

Where's the fun in that? :p

The notion basically revolves around faith - if He creates chaos and destruction but people still find ways to, essentially, stay loyal to Him, then He will know they truly deserve to reach the upper echelon of the after lfie because they have earned it.

It's an out-there sort of concept but hey - I'm sure people looked at Thomas Crapper weirdly at first, too.

AILD

Bench
Where's the fun in that? :p

The notion basically revolves around faith - if He creates chaos and destruction but people still find ways to, essentially, stay loyal to Him, then He will know they truly deserve to reach the upper echelon of the after lfie because they have earned it.

It's an out-there sort of concept but hey - I'm sure people looked at Thomas Crapper weirdly at first, too.

i edited my post....what do you think about the second part?

God-King Dean

Immortal
'sif there's only one god.

Sure there is.

poseidon2.jpg

Dutchy

Immortal
I also hate pricks who try to change my opinion on religion. I believe God exists, thats my opinion. I dont try and convert you. f**k Off and stop debating with me.