What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

People You Want To Hurt. A lot.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Thats it. Santa knows when your being naughty or nice...so does god.

If you talk to santa or write him a letter before you go to bed...he may just do what you ask..just aslong as you have been good...same with god.

Its exactly the same sh*t....parents use santa to keep their kids in line...and churches use god and religion to get their way. The people that follow along with this sh*t are morons who cannot deal with real life...it makes them feel better or safe that some guy is on a cloud looking out for them and at the end of their life they will again be with their loved ones instead of rotting in the ground.

Most religions are based on love and respect for fellow humankind...I would have thought that that would classify as positive?

Garts

Bench
Sometimes I do get the girls out, when I go out and on dates, and I don't care then, but when I'm at work, definitely not. When you have big boobs it's hard to hide them, no matter what you're wearing! And anyway, in summer, why should I get around in a hessian sack? I get hot too ya know!!:crazy:

I don't look at guys packages cos that's just rude. If someone is speaking directly to you, the least you can do is look them in the EYE when you respond.

Why would you hate her parents? That's random.
Oi! Would you like some plonker staring at your mum's or your sisters jugs?

I agree with the at work staring. However it is often hard not to sneak a peek at a set of boobies, it is in our DNA, we can not not help it. I remember a girl at work who had a mighty fine set of boobies, I often used to hate talking to her as I would find it hard not to have a peek. We are cheating ourselves if we do not.

AILD

Bench
Most religions are based on love and respect for fellow humankind...I would have thought that that would classify as positive?

Yeah and how many wars and deaths are carried out in gods name?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yeah and how many wars and deaths are carried out in gods name?

Exactly. For every 100 peaceful, quiet followers of a religion (which as I said is their right), there's one dickhead extremist who will go to every extreme to shove it in someone's face or worse still commit an act of terror, war or crime to make a point.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Seriously, though - if religion didn't exist, people would use race/skin colour as an excuse to start wars.

If we were all the same, they'd use height or weight.

If we were all identical-looking they'd base it on something else.

Humans don't need much motivation to go to war. We're a very stupid and violent species.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Exactly. For every 100 peaceful, quiet followers of a religion (which as I said is their right), there's one dickhead extremist who will go to every extreme to shove it in someone's face or worse still commit an act of terror, war or crime to make a point.

Excellent statistics - source?

And without religion there would be other ways to let people act that way.

AILD

Bench
Seriously, though - if religion didn't exist, people would use race/skin colour as an excuse to start wars.

If we were all the same, they'd use height or weight.

If we were all identical-looking they'd base it on something else.

Humans don't need much motivation to go to war. We're a very stupid and violent species.

People will kill and go to war weather or not there is a god. but thats not the point...i didnt say the only wars were carried out by religious freaks. If god is all loving, all knowing and all powerful he would not allow war to occur. Alot of people are killed in gods name, ALOT, not every religious person kills and does evil things...but how can religion be called "all loving" or positive when it creates so much hate, pain and death.

Eelementary

Post Whore
People will kill and go to war weather or not there is a god. but thats not the point...i didnt say the only wars were carried out by religious freaks. If god is all loving, all knowing and all powerful he would not allow war to occur. Alot of people are killed in gods name, ALOT, not every religious person kills and does evil things...but how can religion be called "all loving" or positive when it creates so much hate, pain and death.

Not true - God takes a back seat. His job would be to test faith. If you believe and all that, then you'll do/not do what you're supposed to. He is not going to guide you there - it is your job to get there.

The God that intervenes in human life and whatnot is a fairytale.

AILD

Bench
lol thats always the response to that. He gives you the tools to make your way...blah blah blah.

god is according to christians " all loving, all knowing and all powerful".

i ripped this quote from another site:
  • If God can prevent evil, but doesn't, then He isn't all-loving.
  • If God intends to prevent evil, but cannot, then He isn't omnipotent (all powerful).
  • If God both intends to prevent evil and is capable of doing so, then how can evil exist?
Another argument claims that the existence of an all-knowing God is incompatible with the fact of free will -- that humans do make choices. If God is omniscient, He must know beforehand exactly what a person will do in a given situation. In that case, a person is not in fact free to do the alternative to what God knows he or she will do, and free will must be an illusion. To take this one step further, if one chooses to commit a sin, how can it then be said that one sinned freely?

Inconsiderate smokers who whinge and complain that they can smoke where they want and couldnt give a rats ass that they are poisoning non smokers with their cancer and etc

ramble_on

Juniors
Not true - God takes a back seat. His job would be to test faith. If you believe and all that, then you'll do/not do what you're supposed to. He is not going to guide you there - it is your job to get there.

The God that intervenes in human life and whatnot is a fairytale.

Yet when bad things happen it's god's will..??