What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

People You Want To Hurt. A lot.

AILD

Bench
I also hate pricks who try to change my opinion on religion. I believe God exists, thats my opinion. I dont try and convert you. f**k Off and stop debating with me.

for the record...i said i only wanted to hurt god believers. i didnt start the debate. ;-)

Eelementary

Post Whore
Its stupid to follow the rules of some one that didnt exist. Its like following the rules of a fairytale

It has nothing to do with fairy-tales. If you wish to correlate God and the bible with fairy-tales, then good luck to you in blissful ignorance. But there is no correlation whatsoever between the two. For starters, fairy-tales don't inspire faith, and are not based on sound principles.

And you seem to be trying awfully hard to convince people he doesn't exist. Proof? None, obviously.

It has nothing to do with fairy-tales. If you wish to correlate God and the bible with fairy-tales, then good luck to you in blissful ignorance. But there is no correlation whatsoever between the two. For starters, fairy-tales don't inspire faith, and are not based on sound principles.

And you seem to be trying awfully hard to convince people he doesn't exist. Proof? None, obviously.

Where is the proof he actually existed and it wasnt just a story made up by a drunken roman?

Eelementary

Post Whore
The Bible, for starters.

That's more proof he and JC were real than people who claim they aren't real ever will have.

What's the basis for the assumption they're not real? Is it because God is omnipotent? Is it because JC resurrected - a feat deemed impossible?

There is no proof they are not real. And yet there is a Bible, written by people who witnessed the things they wrote about. Yet the non-believers are quick to dismiss it...I wonder why?

AILD

Bench
The bible is also filled with contradictions. Alot of it has stuff that is hand picked to be in there....there is tons of stuff that is left out of the bible...people put in what they wanted the followers to belive...anything that proved them wrong or contradicted them is obviously removed...

At the end of the day it comes down to what YOU do believe in other then god. If you believe in evolution etc then there is "proof" that god does not exist.

Martli

Coach
Arguing that Jesus never existed is geniused and completely irrelevant to the "god vs. no god" debate. Most of the evidence suggests he did exist, and the bible serves as being as accurate as any other historical text from the same time. I believe Jesus existed as much as I believe Augustus Caesar and Napoleon Bonaparte existed, and I don't have to believe in god to have this view.

God-King Dean

Immortal
cruise_nazi_xenu.jpg

adamkungl

Immortal
magpie, women aren't there for you to stare at. Their boobies may be fun to look at but most studies are suggesting that women have feelings too.

People I want to hurt

-The people who don't wave when you let them in.
-People who shout out TAXI when someone drops a glass (funny the first time)
-Lads

Bazal

Post Whore
The Bible, for starters.

That's more proof he and JC were real than people who claim they aren't real ever will have.

What's the basis for the assumption they're not real? Is it because God is omnipotent? Is it because JC resurrected - a feat deemed impossible?

There is no proof they are not real. And yet there is a Bible, written by people who witnessed the things they wrote about. Yet the non-believers are quick to dismiss it...I wonder why?

Actually the bold part is not true. The gospels included in the bible were thought to have been collated from several different sources and written quite a while after Jesus' death (around 30AD). It's generally accepted that the gospel of Matthew was not even written by Matthew, but by an unknown Jewish scholar between 70 and 100 AD, which is 40-70 years after the death of Jesus. The gospel of Mark is, again, of unknown provenance but was attributed to Mark sometime after it was written. It's thought to have been written around 60-70AD, which makes it the earliest gospel. Luke is the one with the widest estimated date; anywhere from 90-150AD, and John was written in Anatolia around 100AD...it's fairly clear that none of the authors were witness to the life of Jesus. In those times, word of mouth was still the main way people passed down information, and so 30-70 years can amount to a hell of a lot of chinese whispers. Especially as that could easily cover 3 generations

Latest posts