What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Beatte NRL 360 - expansion

Stallion

First Grade
I didnt ask your opinion of hwat should be, I said in the quite possible scenario that at the end of the year the expansion review returns a verdict that the NRL cant afford to fund more than 16 teams would you rather the NRL stayed the same make up for the next 10-20 years or reduced the clubs in Sydney to bring in other growth opportunities? We know you think it doesn't have to be that way but lets play hypotheticals.

Playing under your rules which are ridiculously biased and untoward. I would proactively develope desIred expansion areas without losing the farm! I would suggest that the league can easily add two clubs in Brisbane2 and Central Coast within a 3 year period btw! They already have a market and infrastructure in place. (But that doesn't count here!)

Perth Red

Post Whore
So you'd prefer stagnation, fair enough we know where you stand, maintenance of the status quo whatever the cost.

Stallion

First Grade
So you'd prefer stagnation, fair enough we know where you stand, maintenance of the status quo whatever the cost.

Lol . Bit rich from a bloke who wants to dismantle a world renowned competition. People do not throw away a distinct market advantage . Fools do. And fools also imply that the responsible approach is gutless when all its doing is maintaiming an extremely popular competition that is reveared worldwide. But don't let that get in the way of your ignorance and misguided ridicule!. Once again no issues with additional clubs but I must confess I have issues with consistent ignoramuses whom are reckless and pontificate as if they are progressive yet are the absolute definition of regressiveness and disrespect!

Perth Red

Post Whore
No I'd rather see a reduction to a small section of the existing in order to guarantee new growth potential. You would rather the game stagnate than take some tough decisions. And you call yourself a fan.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Different circumstances for different people. Some people have family commitments on alternate weeks. Some people live outside of Sydney. Some people have various work commitments as well. So yes the draw is very important and does matter to a person. For myself I would require a decent amount of Saturday games to make a choice that works given my scenario. It matters!

The Roosters had 4 Saturday matches last year and one away match vs Newcastle on a Saturday. Is that not enough?

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Lol . Bit rich from a bloke who wants to dismantle a world renowned competition. People do not throw away a distinct market advantage . Fools do. And fools also imply that the responsible approach is gutless when all its doing is maintaiming an extremely popular competition that is reveared worldwide. But don't let that get in the way of your ignorance and misguided ridicule!. Once again no issues with additional clubs but I must confess I have issues with consistent ignoramuses whom are reckless and pontificate as if they are progressive yet are the absolute definition of regressiveness and disrespect!

Good businesses know when to cut away dead-weight departments and invest their resources effectively...

Nostalgia on its own is not enough reason to keep dead-weight.

Stallion

First Grade
No I'd rather see a reduction to a small section of the existing in order to guarantee new growth potential. You would rather the game stagnate than take some tough decisions. And you call yourself a fan.

There is no guarantee of any growth especially when the :deck of cards" has fallen!

Stallion

First Grade
The Roosters had 4 Saturday matches last year and one away match vs Newcastle on a Saturday. Is that not enough?

Most of those days coincided with my daughter. As a treat though I managed to entice my daughter to see the East v Souths preliminary final(Saturday game). I enjoyed that and at a good ticket price : $25 each. Even better with an all time standing record sports crowd for the SFS. :relaxed: I was certainly regarded as a Roosters fan with Rabbitohs fans either side of me. Forgot to mention I wore a Roosters jumper to this game! Another thing you can buy and show you are a fan!

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Most of those days coincided with my daughter. As a treat though I managed to entice my daughter to see the East v Souths preliminary final(Saturday game). I enjoyed that and at a good ticket price : $25 each. Even better with an all time standing record sports crowd for the SFS. :relaxed: I was certainly regarded as a Roosters fan with Rabbitohs fans either side of me. Forgot to mention I wore a Roosters jumper to this game! Another thing you can buy and show you are a fan!

Good to hear that you are contributing financially to your club because those that don't aren't really fans.

Stallion

First Grade
Good businesses know when to cut away dead-weight departments and invest their resources effectively...

Nostalgia on its own is not enough reason to keep dead-weight.

It's not nostalgia at all ! What you are referring to as 'nostalgia' is the core fabric and impetus of this great competition. How disrespectful! ? Without this the competition has no market resonance nor public credit points. But some can see this. Others don't!
Good to hear that you are contributing financially to your club because those that don't aren't really fans.

I beg to differ. Discourse, be it parochial or water cooler chat is still a form.of support and a vote for the club or code in my books! It all helps to cultural awareness and a form of sporting loyalty as far as I'm concerned.

The Great Dane

First Grade
The comp did not (repeat DID NOT) crash in the 90s. It was hijacked and arse f**ked by a flawed and reckless plan that both divided and screwed the competition. We fundamentally dissagree on the causality and purpose of the split in the ARL competition in the mid 90s. Divide and conquer was the main thrust of this split. You assert a 'crash'. We differ. So I suggest you go back in your little low life corner of destruction and others will aim to remedy a deceitful attack on this vulnerable code.
You know it's terrifying that you are a teacher and yet you've got such bad comprehension skills... I never said that the comp crashed in the 90s I said "it was inevitably going to in the 90s".

SL prevented that crash from happening, but if SL hadn't have happened the comp was headed for a big crash in the late 90s.
You repeatedly seem to espouse a lower division relegation answer"? How ludicrous In a country of such sparse population and massive dimensions.
Why?

Also why is it that the tyranny of distance will have a devastating effect on lower tier comps yet it has little to no effect on the NRL, AFL, A-league, NBL, BBL, etc,?
You counter with the fans can fly to games! ? And you also think people will still follow a club in a 2nd rate competition? ! Shear lunacy !
No I don't...

I counter with the NRL and (especially) lower tiers should follow the Sepos and Canucks example and have conferences to keep costs down and (where possible) keep teams playing mainly teams roughly from their region so it's close enough for those fans that are interested to relatively easily travel to most games.

I also counter with it's 2019 not f**king 1919, those who don't want to or can't make the game can follow their teams on f**king TV or stream their games, long gone are the days when you have to be at the game to follow the team! Surely you'd understand that better then most considering that you live in Newcastle and admitted rarely attend games...

The Great Dane

First Grade
I beg to differ. Discourse, be it parochial or water cooler chat is still a form.of support and a vote for the club or code in my books! It all helps to cultural awareness and a form of sporting loyalty as far as I'm concerned.

Yes but it's technically valueless, you can't monetise it, so in the grand scheme of things it's disposable, especially if it's in exchange for active supporters...

Stallion

First Grade
You know it's terrifying that you are a teacher and yet you've got such bad comprehension skills... I never said that the comp crashed in the 90s I said "it was inevitably going to in the 90s".

SL prevented that crash from happening, but if SL hadn't have happened the comp was headed for a big crash in the late 90s.

Why?

Also why is it that the tyranny of distance will have a devastating effect on lower tier comps yet it has little to no effect on the NRL, AFL, A-league, NBL, BBL, etc,?

No I don't...

I counter with the NRL and (especially) lower tiers should follow the Sepos and Canucks example and have conferences to keep costs down and (where possible) keep teams playing mainly teams roughly from their region so it's close enough for those fans that are interested to relatively easily travel to most games.

I also counter with it's 2019 not f**king 1919, those who don't want to or can't make the game can follow their teams on f**king TV or stream their games, long gone are the days when you have to be at the game to follow the team! Surely you'd understand that better then most considering that you live in Newcastle and admitted rarely attend games...

Lol. You're a comedian! You think superleague was a saviour.?You pathetic ignorant person! You are really out there aren't you!?

Stallion

First Grade
Yes but it's technically valueless, you can't monetise it, so in the grand scheme of things it's disposable, especially if it's in exchange for active supporters...

Technically whatever champ. It's still support and it matters for the relevance and cultural impact of the code. It matters and is important! In your roundabout way you agreed but still stuffed it up as being worthless in your eyes. Your eyes must be painted on.

Last edited:

The Great Dane

First Grade
Lol. You're a comedian! You think superleague was a saviour.?You pathetic ignorant person! You are really out there aren't you!?

Again your comprehension skills are frustrating...

I never said that SL was a "saviour"...

Technically whatever champ. It's still support and it matters for the relevance and cultural impact of the code. It matters and is important! In your roundabout way you agreed but still stuffed it up as being worthless in your eyes. Your eyes must be painted on.

Yes it matters, but you are vastly over estimating it's value.

Lets put it this way, what do you think the Roosters would prefer 10k active supporters that spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on a club a year or 100k fans that spend no money on the club, basically never attend games, and at best watch the odd game on TV every now and again, but religiously talk about the clubs results over the water cooler at work!?

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
Again your comprehension skills are frustrating...

I never said that SL was a "saviour"...

? "Super League prevented the big crash from happening.." Your words not mine. That's pretty much a saviour in that context!? If you are playing with context with your rants it's not working. You have no idea! If you are anywhere near rugby league administration the game is in the deepest shit!

The Great Dane

First Grade
? "Super League prevented the big crash from happening.." Your words not mine. That's pretty much a saviour in that context!? If you are playing with context with your rants it's not working. You have no idea! If you are anywhere near rugby league administration the game is in the deepest shit!

Just as my acknowledgment that the Nazis building the autobahn was a good thing for Germany doesn't mean that I think that everything that the Nazis did was good let alone that the Nazis were a good thing, my acknowledgment that the advent of Super League coincidentally had the side effect of heading off a financial crash at multiple clubs does not mean that I think Super League was a "saviour" of the sport in this country or that Super League was a good thing...

Stallion

First Grade
Just as my acknowledgment that the Nazis building the autobahn was a good thing for Germany doesn't mean that I think that everything that the Nazis did was good let alone that the Nazis were a good thing, my acknowledgment that the advent of Super League coincidentally had the side effect of heading off a financial crash at multiple clubs does not mean that I think Super League was a "saviour" of the sport in this country or that Super League was a good thing...

Certainly looks it !? Then again your logic is warped and entirely regressive along with profound ignorance. Please continue!

tri_colours

Juniors
I think iv'e finally worked out what's going on This isn't A Sydney thing lt's a jealousy thing. You want to get rid of some of Rugby leagues greatest assets so your clubs can have a chance of winning.

Stallion

First Grade
I think iv'e finally worked out what's going on This isn't A Sydney thing lt's a jealousy thing. You want to get rid of some of Rugby leagues greatest assets so your clubs can have a chance of winning.

That could be it! Their rants and ideas are surely not aimed at progressing rugby league. So that could be it! Well spotted tri-colours. I've been trying to work out this subversive and clearly damaging dialogue and its reasoning for some time myself. Jealousy must be it. As it surely could not be seen as remotely helpful or beneficial for rugby league! That's for certain. These guys have been looking to undermine/destroy the code since I've stumbled on the site. So yeah! Jealousy to promote/advance their respective clubs could be the impetus to their quest in dismantling rugby league's established assets?

Latest posts