What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players who used to be good but then lost the plot

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
bjm8 said:

You bro,are a grade A idiot.

He was in the best form of his career prior being injured for the season.

My ones are..

Monty Betham (he was good...once)
Francis Meli
Clinton Toopi
CHRIS WALKER!!
Justin Hodges (was goin good upto his injury)
Darren Lockyer (his form for this season was nothing short of terrible)
Brent Sherwin

auckwarriors

Juniors
Russell Richardson. Represented Australia earlier in his career, then was unable to break top grade for Souths in 2003. That's understandable though, what with Lee Hookey holding down that spot.

Sun_Down

Juniors
Mark Hughes
Matt Gidley
Dane Carlaw
Chris Walker
Luke Lewis
Mark Tookey
Ali Lauititi
Clinton Toopi
Francis Meli

dinghydi

Juniors
Maybe going too far back but i recall seeing a prop called Pickering play for Canterbury a few games a few years back and looked an Absolute world beater, then fizzled out . Does anyone know what happened to him ?Injuries ?

JuniorBlocker

Juniors
Brutus said:
I rated Chris Heighnington before last night, but after hearing him speak to Matty Johns in a post-match interview I have lost all respect. The guy sounds dumber than Hoppa.

I'm sure Chris is at home crying his eyes out cause you don't repect him.

Moffo

Referee
dinghydi said:
Maybe going too far back but i recall seeing a prop called Pickering play for Canterbury a few games a few years back and looked an Absolute world beater, then fizzled out . Does anyone know what happened to him ?Injuries ?

yeh injuries got to him, absolutely slaughtered his promising career

Tommy Smith

Referee
Leon Bott could soon be added to the list.

The little dwarf was built up to be the next big thing but now looks to be a nuffy. Speedy like Joven, but a fumbling, bumbling dumb footballer otherwise.

iggy plop

First Grade
Brad Meyers had two good games and was fast-tracked into the Origin and National side side for some silly reason. He was going to a gun.

Tyran Smith ended up being better player than him.

Ryles isn't the player I'd thought he'd be either. Papa Smurf would hit harder.

RABK

Referee
Moffo said:
yeh injuries got to him, absolutely slaughtered his promising career

Reminds me of a Knights junior by the name of Trent Estatheo, he looked like a future Australian player but injuries absolutely killed him.

Latest posts