What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players you want

whistler

Juniors
Would Barba that much of an improvement over Dureau? Barba is a great runner of the ball but has an ordinary kicking game, while Dureau is a good long kicker but zero running game. Barba would be just as much a liabiliy in defence as Dureau is.

Barba can create something from absolutely nothing, his a try scoring freak, if Mullen can mature enough to take control of the game himself then Barba would be a perfect fit.

macavity

Referee
Still prefer we went after Beau Henry.

Strong defender (big for a half), good organiser, decent kicking and running game.

Henry is guaranteed to be leaving Saints - and his rumoured destination (Dogs) seem out of the running.

Jono078

Referee
I wouldn't be disappointed with someone like Barba.

It would be a dynamic halves combo similar to Benji/Moltzen. Barba/Mullen could have potential along with Gidley in the mix.

I still hope we're looking at Beau Henry also though. f**k the Dogs, who don't they target anymore.

roopy

Referee
They must be looking at getting rid of Mullen if they are serious about signing Finch and Barba.

Yosh

Coach
Barba is more of a running/supporting fullback in my opinon. Maybe Lockyer of old? Not halfback my any means.

Yosh

Coach
I'd take Barba over Finch, ideally I'd take both and we could easily afford both even with just House and Wick's contracts.

1. Barba. - I know his defence is absolutely legless but that can be worked on.
6. Mullen.
7. Finch.
13. Gidley.

Just random first thing in the morning before coffee thought........

I'd work ith that!!!

Serc

First Grade
I don't care how Finch played the other night - as it stands he is a better halfback than our current options and has a skillset that fits our needs better than Barba. Not that I don't rate him, but going for Barba when we already have Mullen, Rogers and to an extent Gidley is not necessarily a smart purchase if you ask me.

Johns Magic

Referee
Stuff Finch, horrible last game. We need something more long term to build upon I think.

Yeah I agree.

Apparently Cam Smith and Greg Inglis knocked on Burraston's door last night and offered to play for us for free next year but Burraston told them both to f**k off.

Rightly so as well, their last games were horrible.

Serc

First Grade
ROFL - you had me for a second there

Here's a little bit more from todays Herald as well:

Steve Gillis, who manages Finch and Rogers, said he had "opened negotiations" with Onslow about Rogers but the Knights were yet to make a formal offer.
"We've begun talking. I need to sit down with Benny and see where he's at and just work through it but as far as I'm aware, he's very happy at the club," Gillis said about Rogers, who has been sounded out by a European rugby union club.
As for Finch, Gillis said the Knights had not made an offer.
"I've read what they've said [about Finch] but I don't know whether the club knows which direction it's going to take, so I'm certainly not going to rush them," he said.
"If they're interested, they'll make an approach in their good time."
Onslow confirmed he had spoken to Gillis about Rogers but said there had been no formal discussions about Finch, the former Knights ballboy who has played a total of 242 NRL games for the Raiders, Roosters, Eels and Storm and won a premiership with Melbourne last year.
In the current issue of Rugby League Week magazine, Finch said: "Being a Newcastle boy, I would definitely be interested if something came that way."

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/lo...ghts-in-market-for-dogs-livewire/1809562.aspx

whistler

Juniors
I think Finch would be the better fit for our team at the moment. Mullen hasn't yet shown me he's capable of taking the ''ownership'' of our side,which he would have to do with Barba in the team. That may come in time,i'm not sure. Finch however would take control of us and let Mullen be the running sidekick which i think suits him best. Finch is the type of player who may well help Mullen achieve his potential.

Jono078

Referee
Yeah I agree.

Apparently Cam Smith and Greg Inglis knocked on Burraston's door last night and offered to play for us for free next year but Burraston told them both to f**k off.

Rightly so as well, their last games were horrible.
Lol, FMD.

The point is, Finch is very well capable of those sort of games, more often than maybe we would like to admit.

With the money he would ask for we could get a Henry who has obvious potential or Barba who was an under 20s whiz and has done well for the struggling Dogs in his limited time on the field for them this season.

Do you not agree?

Jono078

Referee
I was thinking 6 Barba 7 Mullen.

Mullen's played better as first receiver so far this year. As I said, it would be fairly similar to the Tigers halves situation. Whether it would be as successful who knows.

I wouldn't mind Finch, he would do some things better, but he is capable of crap, sometimes worse than Dureau.

aqua_duck

Coach
With the Storm revelation, I think there might be a few more players on the market, might open the market up abit, which is a good thing for us

Latest posts