What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players you want

CJG 182

Juniors
Jono, it was Roberts who dominated in that Bulldogs game.

I would love to sign Shaun Johnson. The kid is a weapon.

Serc

First Grade
Lol 2nd time you've hit me with that line in 2 days Serc :p If I read it before I wouldn't have made the mistake again :p

hahahah thought you would like that :p perhaps in future it would pay to read the replies after you post perhaps!

Spot On

Coach
Christ its hard to find a quality halfback. I can't believe A. Johns' involvement with the club over the past 15 or so years hasn't had an influence on junior players in the area and seen a production line of kids wanting to play half and be like "Joey". Where are they all??? I don't know how much time he spends with the current first grade halves but it obviously isn't rubbing off and this suggests that they are just plain void of much talent. Does it not?

Last edited:
Mullo was our great hope but sadly and it would have been great with a quality halfback his a AKA Ben Roberts running 5/8th.

MC DUI

Juniors
Just my opinion, but we go nowhere without a halfback...

That's my first priority signing, but I doubt we can find one now Thurston is gone.

I don't know what his contract situation is like, but my dream signing for us would be the Wests Tigers' Tim Moltzen. Known mainly as a fullback in FG, but played 7 right through his junior days (including a stint for Aussie Schoolboys) and has played there on a few occasions for the Tigs more than capably. In fact, I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Tigers have close to a 100% record through about 8 or 10 games with Moltzen at 7.

Add to that, he is a Central Coast boy, so a move to Newie would be a move closer to home (and a massive step up from the CC or Campbelltown!) and we should be able to put something worthwhile on the table for him. However, as I said, I have no idea about his current situation.

Luke O'Donnell is a realistic target and a good one. Kade for certain and I am encouraged by that recent report we want him back. Brent Tate is off contract as well. Add Finch to that and we would be going very well. I honestly prefer a scenario like that than all out cash splurge on JT. That is not sour grapes speaking.

Rolla

Juniors
Luke O'Donnell is a realistic target and a good one. Kade for certain and I am encouraged by that recent report we want him back. Brent Tate is off contract as well. Add Finch to that and we would be going very well. I honestly prefer a scenario like that than all out cash splurge on JT. That is not sour grapes speaking.

All these four players would be great, with a preference order of Finch - Snowden - O'donell (great player but not in a position that is crucial to us so i wouldnt want him over a half or prop, But if simmo goes then i would definitely want him) - Tate (Especially if pete isnt ready and doogs goes).

Would love to see fui here but that depends on cross' availability and performance this year. If we end up letting cross go then fui would be great, otherwise its a very expensive front row. Should we keep cross then we should chase Kade instead of fui

The good thing about our situation with Cross is that his 32, he'll pretty much take whatever we hand him even the ESL at his age isnt going to pay much for a front rower.

Karmawave

Bench
The following was a list of players I posted in a thread titled " Knights Forum Junior Recruitment Challenge " on April 21st 2009. "

" Jordan Rankin - Gold Coast Titans

Aiden Tolman - Melbourne Storm

Russell Packer - NZ Warriors

Alex Glenn - Brisbane Broncos

Wade Graham* - Penrith Panthers

* Hard to choose between Graham and Josh Dugan from the Canberra Raiders, but went with Graham.

Anthony Cherrington from the Roosters would have been one of the first chosen on this list as well, however because of his legal issues, is left off because his future in the game is clouded to say the least. "

In hindsight, I'd reconsider Rankin, but he is still very young and very talented.

I've always been massive on Tolman and Packer. Still like Alex Glenn. The Broncos are playing him in the wrong position. He's a lock/utility NOT a centre.

I think Wade Graham still has a lot to offer and is young enough to be a long term half in the NRL. Battling injury at Penrith ( and not overly happy there I believe ).

Cherrington is top class but has a season ending injury.

Dugan will play for Australia.

macavity

Referee
I don't know what his contract situation is like, but my dream signing for us would be the Wests Tigers' Tim Moltzen. Known mainly as a fullback in FG, but played 7 right through his junior days (including a stint for Aussie Schoolboys) and has played there on a few occasions for the Tigs more than capably. In fact, I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Tigers have close to a 100% record through about 8 or 10 games with Moltzen at 7.

Add to that, he is a Central Coast boy, so a move to Newie would be a move closer to home (and a massive step up from the CC or Campbelltown!) and we should be able to put something worthwhile on the table for him. However, as I said, I have no idea about his current situation.

ding ding ding - winner.

Karmawave

Bench
Also rate Moltzen.

He's a genuine 7.

Actually I was just thinking last week of the times people used to ridicule me on here because of the wraps I had on Mitchell Pearce 2 years ago.

Will those of you who said our own halves would turn out better please stand up?

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
Also rate Moltzen.

He's a genuine 7.

Actually I was just thinking last week of the times people used to ridicule me on here because of the wraps I had on Mitchell Pearce 2 years ago.

Will those of you who said our own halves would turn out better please stand up?
i didn't say our halves would end up better... but i certainly didn't rate pearce as high as his hype had him. he's had a great start to this season though... and looks like going on with it. i've put my hand up several times around the traps already... but once more can't hurt.

i'd have moltzen in a heartbeat. shame he's all signed up.

Jono078

Referee
It's the magic list we're all after I think Whats Doing.

As long as the club is aware of the talent on the market that's the main thing though.

RABK

Referee
Perverse posted a list from some website a couple of weeks back. Search his profile for threads started by him.

perverse

Referee
i started one in the NRL section a couple of weeks back, but only got like 3 teams of info. if someone wants to bump it i'll continue to keep the first post up to date.