What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players you want

Hanscholo

Bench
Given our las few performances, I reckon getting 3 or 4 experienced players in from other clubs to enhance our approach to games, to show the guys how to go about dominating games, not pissing them away through a mental issue. Even if a couple of them are bench warmers, we really need to bring in some experience into the side, a few players that have been there and done it.

macavity

Referee
I don't know any decision makers on the football side of things, sorry chaps.... and I wouldn't tell them how to do their jobs anyway.

Johns Magic

Referee
I think the most depressing part is imagining what players Brian Smith would be signing for us with this open chequebook if he had never left and we had continued sitting in the top 6. A big name coach, stability, success, money.

What a mess.

RABK

Referee
We'll sign Minichiello, Pearce, Tolman and O'Donnell.

Just you wait and see.

:sarcasm:

abpanther

Staff member
Just to let you guys know that there's an article on League HQ today saying that the Knights are pursuing Lachlan Coote as their replacement for Gidley (who they expect to move into the halves), Coote is off contract at the end of next season.

Yosh

Coach
Eh? He is average but? Well he is a decent talent but shouldn't we just get a good half?

Just to let you guys know that there's an article on League HQ today saying that the Knights are pursuing Lachlan Coote as their replacement for Gidley (who they expect to move into the halves), Coote is off contract at the end of next season.
I have trouble seeing lachlan Coote leaving Penrith. He is a tremendously tough kid and an excellent player. Would be stoked to have him onboard.

abpanther

Staff member
Sorry it was in the Telecrap

"And we can also reveal that talented Lachlan Coote recently knocked back a healthy one-year extension, preferring to back himself after piling on 10kg of lean muscle.

Coote is secured until the end of next year. But our spies in the Hunter reckon Newcastle have their eyes on the 20-year-old as a replacement for fullback Kurt Gidley, who looks likely to finish his career with Jarrod Mullen in the halves."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...moured-departure/story-e6frexnr-1225851564322

Serc

First Grade
Annoying, can't find it online...sounds a little silly though, almost like a newspaper headline grabber after we lost to them on Monday.

Edit: Oh ffs, saw that article and should've clicked on it, hoping to see it at the bottom hahaha

aqua_duck

Coach
I guess Coote would be a decent signing. I think we really need to have a look at Beau Henry and Trent Merrin from the dragons.
Both are off contract and the dragons don't look like they're going to be able to keep either due to the cap. Henry is a future superstar who I'd throw a 150k at and the number 7 jersey, Merrin is a workhorse prop who is very similar in build and workrate to Aidan Tolman and who'd cost half as much

After yesterday's performance the knights better get moving and sign Coote up now! He is absolutely brilliant this kid. Tough, fearless and dangerous in attack.

Jono078

Referee
I think Coote is overated at this point in time, but he could come good if his playmaking continues to develop.

Until this round, I thought McDonnell had been the better player between the two so far this year tbh.

Plus I can't get this out of my head of how the Wolfman made him look like a bitch lol;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmQWFxvh3Ws

Whats Doing

Bench
I'll will put one out there from left field. Josh Mcrone. He is either rocks or diamonds however i have seen enough of him for the last 12 months including the QLD cup to indicate he is better than Dureau at this stage of his career and offers more in the long run. He is off contract this year and I am sure he would not be on much coin.

Watching Kris(hate the odd spellings in names) Keating last night, I must have been having a play with myself, because he is ordinary and doesnt have the skills to improve as a halfback, forget him.

Mateo was good for a 10 minute burst and did nothing the rest of the time, if a hard nosed coach like Anderson cant get the best out of him we are no chance.

Grothe would love him @ the knights, but he'll never leave Sydney.

Moi Moi's great but wont be worth the money we'd have to pay.