What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Police harassed me: El Masri

nqboy

First Grade
Geez GB, do I have to spell it out for you? I didn't say the police did nothing wrong, I said, "Maybe it's because the facts (such as have been revealed atm) are blurred by everyone's interpretation, speculation and straight out BS, but I just don't see that the police have done anything wrong." Do you understand the difference now?

And FTR, you still have shown nothing to convince me. It might convince others that share your feeble intellect but your arguments are based on speculation, extrapolation and the versions of the two blokes making the complaint. If you still don't understand how you haven't shown anything, it probably can't be explained to you as you are incapable of understanding logic. You're not female, are you?

Game_Breaker

Coach
C'mon nqboy, you think the police did nothing wrong based on your opinion that nothing incriminates them. Is that statement true or false?

That exact same logic can apply to El Masri. Based on your logic he did nothing wrong either, since nothing incriminated them.

We're here to discuss our opinions, and those opinions are based on reports from both sides. That discussion doesn’t go too smoothly when you refuse to hear both sides. I’ve listened to both sides, and stated my opinion based on that.

Btw, petty insults do nothing more than belittle your own credibility, not mine

There should be a curfew in any case with only those going to or coming home from work allowed to be out after 12am. With the urgent need to introduce compulsory military and national service(3 years for 18 to 40 year olds and 2 weeks a year after that including 2 weeks for 41 to 70 year olds) one of the roles of these people would be to patrol the suburbs/towns/cities/infrastructure/businesses etc and enforce law and order in association with the police.

Too many people are out at night who don't need to be out and one has to feel that they are upto no good.

In the Soviet Union we were too tired after work /study/sport etc to be out late at night in any case.

eaglezno1

Juniors
marshall stalin said:
There should be a curfew in any case with only those going to or coming home from work allowed to be out after 12am. With the urgent need to introduce compulsory military and national service(3 years for 18 to 40 year olds and 2 weeks a year after that including 2 weeks for 41 to 70 year olds) one of the roles of these people would be to patrol the suburbs/towns/cities/infrastructure/businesses etc and enforce law and order in association with the police.

Too many people are out at night who don't need to be out and one has to feel that they are upto no good.

In the Soviet Union we were too tired after work /study/sport etc to be out late at night in any case.

this is not russia we dont have political corruptness like your beloved russia

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The bottom line, for those who don't understand - there is no legal requirement which says a member of the general public is required to show identification.

The race stuff is a whole different kettle of fish which I don't like and don't want to see.

Timmah

Staff member
Definitely, more publicity that's doing nothing for us. Having said that - it's nothing to do with the club.

innsaneink

Referee
Dodger said:
The bottom line, for those who don't understand - there is no legal requirement which says a member of the general public is required to show identification.

The race stuff is a whole different kettle of fish which I don't like and don't want to see.

Can you at least see, from what we know, that they dont have a leg to stand on here.

Timmah

Staff member
In terms of race, yes I definitely see that and agree, suggesting it was racially motivated is dangerous and inflammatory territory.

Having said that - there's still no justification for the alleged 9 backup officers or even the ID request. It's not a legal requirement if you're in public and not causing any nuisance.

nqboy

First Grade
Game_Breaker said:
C'mon nqboy, you think the police did nothing wrong based on your opinion that nothing incriminates them. Is that statement true or false?
False. What I said, in your terms, is that the only thing that incriminates them is the untested statements of the two blokes making the complaint. I also said that if a proper investigation demonstrates to me that the complaint is justified, I would expect the police to apologise. Now, what if a proper investigation demonstrates that the police did nothing wrong, would you expect El Masri and his lawyer mate to apologise?

Game_Breaker said:
That exact same logic can apply to El Masri. Based on your logic he did nothing wrong either, since nothing incriminated them.
We don't know that yet asthe findings of a proper investigation has not been publicised yet (and probably won't be). I'm not suggesting he did anything wrong, I fully recognise that if the coppers did not have the right to "require" (Qld term - NSW would have an equivalent) them to state their names, they were within their rights to decline when asked.

However, there is no law against police asking them their names, they just can't require them to state their names, except in certain limited circumstances. This is what so many in this thread have failed to understand.

It all comes down to whether police asked/requested their names or required/demanded their names (under threat of sanction for non-compliance).

Game_Breaker

Coach
nqboy said:
False. What I said, in your terms, is that the only thing that incriminates them is the untested statements of the two blokes making the complaint.

But you refuse to accept their statements right? Because they're untested

So because of that, it lead you to say you cant see the police doing anything wrong?

That was my understanding

I also said that if a proper investigation demonstrates to me that the complaint is justified, I would expect the police to apologise. Now, what if a proper investigation demonstrates that the police did nothing wrong, would you expect El Masri and his lawyer mate to apologise?

Ofcourse

I fully recognise that if the coppers did not have the right to "require" (Qld term - NSW would have an equivalent) them to state their names, they were within their rights to decline when asked.

The whole debate is based on the argument that they did, whether its true is a different matter

However, there is no law against police asking them their names, they just can't require them to state their names, except in certain limited circumstances. This is what so many in this thread have failed to understand.

Not many people were against them asking, just demanding.

We dont know the full facts yet, but people are basing they're opinion of what we've heard so far, from both sides.

The acting police commisioner had a chance to speak, but didnt refute El Masri version.

It all comes down to whether police asked/requested their names or required/demanded their names (under threat of sanction for non-compliance).

This whole debate is based on El Masri saying he was, whether or not it was true is a different matter. But what here to discuss our opinions from what little information we've recieved.

Timmah

Staff member
WTF? Questioning his mental health? Who the f**k do you think you are?

Spike

First Grade
I generally don't have a drama in asking people for identification if I explain the circumstances prior to asking them. If it's a legitimate reason, most people who have nothing to hide are forthcoming.

2 True Blues

Coach
It is blatently obvious he suffes from Paranoia for starters. He also thinks he is something special and is a RACIST himself for making a mountain out of nothing !!! You stick to your childish ill informed opinion kid. I 'll stick to the facts.

Think you'll find that 9 Police is more than likely going to be about 4 or 5 anyway. Another over exaggeration. But why wouldnt they call more Police when some crazy hysterical racist f**k is trying to carry on in some Paranoid biast state.

I used to like watching El Masri play, but this has turned me right off him. He needs some mental treatment for his paranoia and hatred issues.