What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Police harassed me: El Masri

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Mr Angry said:
Fuggen fascist caarrnnts are just everywhere today.

Would have been a seen with me too, I would have asked for thiers and then still refused until they wanted to charge me with something.

People so willing to give up basic freedom sicken me.

Fascist caaaarrrnnntssss, nazi wannabes.
What's worse is the amount of people who think citizens are breaking the law by not producing their identity papers.
ident.jpg

MSIH

Bench
perverse said:
i can't believe this thread.. honestly.. shocking.

as i've said - i'm a white male australian and have been asked to provide ID minding my own business plenty of times. are you people stupid? do you think everyone that commits a crime stamps *CRIMINAL* on their head as to make it nice and easy for the cops to identify them? lol.. hardly.. they either hide, or blend in. enter the policemans job - to find the criminals. anyone who committed a crime of just about any nature could appear to be going about their lawful business moments after the crime is committed. strike 1 hazem.

this has nothing to do with living in a police state or a violation of rights. if any reasonable suspicion (be it an eyewitness report of a crime or whatever) of being involved in a crime in any way - be it a witness, a perpatrator or accomplice, the police have full right to ask for your ID. if you refuse then you can be detained until your identity is determined and your name is cleared. strike 2.

there is sticking up for your rights for a purpose - and there is abusing your rights for the sake of being politically correct. hazem isn't even politically correct on this issue from what is in that article, and we don't even have both sides of the story yet. strike 3, you're out.

wow hazem, you sure stuck it to the man didn't you? don't be such a whinger, show them your ID.. and have another sip of coffee.. simple as that. as i said, it's happened plenty of times to me.. and denying to show your ID to an officer only arouses suspicion. if he didn't have his ID on him, and he was suspected to be involved in a crime, then the police would be within their rights to detain him until his identity is determined.

yes, we all have rights... but why exercise them just for the sake of it? especially in a situation where you don't even know with any degree of certainty if you truly do have the right to? sorry.. but even if the cops had no probable cause or any reasonable suspicion to ask for the ID.. it is also within your rights to not cause a fuss and give them the ID. i'm sorry but your rights are there for a reason, and obstructing the law for your own need to feel self righteous isn't one of them.

what better way to get your name back in the papers though? publicity publicity publicity.

Sense made = not much.

CharlieF

Juniors
Gunnamatta, check the laws out before going on about rights.

Cops have the right to ask for ID. You have the right to refuse. The only reason you would refuse is:

A. You are guilty.
B. You are deluded into think it will serve your cause.
C. You believe that your d*ck is bigger than his.

If you have been asked to identify yourself but refuse, then they have reason to detain you until your identity can be determined.

This is the fairest system there is to protect all citizens, not just some. Most other countries are worst.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
perverse said:
i can't believe this thread.. honestly.. shocking.

as i've said - i'm a white male australian and have been asked to provide ID minding my own business plenty of times. are you people stupid? do you think everyone that commits a crime stamps *CRIMINAL* on their head as to make it nice and easy for the cops to identify them? lol.. hardly.. they either hide, or blend in. enter the policemans job - to find the criminals. anyone who committed a crime of just about any nature could appear to be going about their lawful business moments after the crime is committed. strike 1 hazem.

this has nothing to do with living in a police state or a violation of rights. if any reasonable suspicion (be it an eyewitness report of a crime or whatever) of being involved in a crime in any way - be it a witness, a perpatrator or accomplice, the police have full right to ask for your ID. if you refuse then you can be detained until your identity is determined and your name is cleared. strike 2.

there is sticking up for your rights for a purpose - and there is abusing your rights for the sake of being politically correct. hazem isn't even politically correct on this issue from what is in that article, and we don't even have both sides of the story yet. strike 3, you're out.

wow hazem, you sure stuck it to the man didn't you? don't be such a whinger, show them your ID.. and have another sip of coffee.. simple as that. as i said, it's happened plenty of times to me.. and denying to show your ID to an officer only arouses suspicion. if he didn't have his ID on him, and he was suspected to be involved in a crime, then the police would be within their rights to detain him until his identity is determined.

yes, we all have rights... but why exercise them just for the sake of it? especially in a situation where you don't even know with any degree of certainty if you truly do have the right to? sorry.. but even if the cops had no probable cause or any reasonable suspicion to ask for the ID.. it is also within your rights to not cause a fuss and give them the ID. i'm sorry but your rights are there for a reason, and obstructing the law for your own need to feel self righteous isn't one of them.

what better way to get your name back in the papers though? publicity publicity publicity.

f**k me some of you Newcastle supporters are precious. It's all got to be about Joey doesn't it? :roll:

0neye

Moffo said ,he's not showing the pigs his ID,they can arrest him & punch him around the ring with their baton -_=

Timmah

Staff member
CharlieF said:
Gunnamatta, check the laws out before going on about rights.

Cops have the right to ask for ID. You have the right to refuse. The only reason you would refuse is:

A. You are guilty.
B. You are deluded into think it will serve your cause.
C. You believe that your d*ck is bigger than his.

If you have been asked to identify yourself but refuse, then they have reason to detain you until your identity can be determined.

This is the fairest system there is to protect all citizens, not just some. Most other countries are worst.

Are you implying it's not discrimination? The police are identifying a random member of society as a potential criminal and then victimising him for failing to show identification.

I choose option D - Because he felt he was being victimised and discriminated against by the police.

CharlieF said:

The Police cant detain you just because you refuse to identify yourself. They first need to have grounds for asking someone for ID.

the grounds for detaining someone would be they are suspects or 'people of interest'. Which would most likely be the reason for asking them in the first place.

CharlieF

Juniors
innsaneink said:
MMM just reported the cops were in the process of investigating a local robbery.

If they were investigating a local robbery, then maybe Hazem could have been more helpful. The police certainly were in their rights if this is the case, and if anything probably hindered the police efforts as resources needed to be diverted away from the robbery and to Hazem as he was now (because of his refusal to show ID) an instant suspect.

He calls it protecting his individual freedom, others may call it defiance, and others yet again just call it stupidity.

perverse

Referee
MSIH said:
Sense made = not much.
if you're going to make stupid claims at least back them up, it made perfect sense.
Dodger said:
f**k me some of you Newcastle supporters are precious. It's all got to be about Joey doesn't it? :roll:
what does that have to do with the price of eggs in china?

CharlieF

Juniors
herbert henry1908 said:
The Police cant detain you just because you refuse to identify yourself. They first need to have grounds for asking someone for ID.

the grounds for detaining someone would be they are suspects or 'people of interest'. Which would most likely be the reason for asking them in the first place.

You have answered your own question.

Once he refused, there was ground for detainment.

CharlieF

Juniors
Dodger said:
Are you implying it's not discrimination? The police are identifying a random member of society as a potential criminal and then victimising him for failing to show identification.

I choose option D - Because he felt he was being victimised and discriminated against by the police.

He broke the law by refusing to show ID. What part of that don't you get. It does not matter what Hazem felt, or if he felt humiliated. It is not the fault of police if some people are more precious than others.

Timmah

Staff member
What are the odds that the cops didn't explain to Hazem why they were asking for ID?

perverse

Referee
CharlieF said:
He broke the law by refusing to show ID. What part of that don't you get. It does not matter what Hazem felt, or if he felt humiliated. It is not the fault of police if some people are more precious than others.
he didn't break the law - he's just a twat for not doing it and then screaming racial prejudice.

Timmah

Staff member
perverse said:
what does that have to do with the price of eggs in china?

Hmmm... perhaps your ridiculous and superfluous claim that it's solely a PR exercise to get Hazem back in the papers after a week of Johnsmania :lol:

For the record, your post you say made perfect sense... it made little sense.

perverse

Referee
Dodger said:
Hmmm... perhaps your ridiculous and superfluous claim that it's solely a PR exercise to get Hazem back in the papers after a week of Johnsmania :lol:

For the record, your post you say made perfect sense... it made little sense.
i'm more than happy to admit i'm wrong if i'm wrong, but don't just make a claim and not tell me where it didn't make sense...

Timmah

Staff member
perverse said:
if you refuse then you can be detained until your identity is determined and your name is cleared. strike 2.

The final publicity jibe made no sense and made the rest of your post reek of bias.

Either way - unless a warrant is issued - they have no right to detain you. The bottom line is - he was sticking up for his rights because he believed he was being unfairly targeted. Acting that way because he's guilty? Arousing suspiscion? Please.

Latest posts