What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ponga Appreciation Thread.

wouldn’t put it past old man Bennett to get into a bidding war with knights and make us pay overs for someone he knows is not worth the cash…all it took was having a lunch and we have thrown another 200k and 5 years at the fella
You can bank on this being the case

No way we are savvy enough to get one over creeping jesus

macavity

Referee
Also I think at this point Bennett should be more worried about putting a competitive team on the park. They've got 4 old forwards and a bunch of rookies at the moment.

the NRL will give them a leg up… no doubt at the expense of the unfashionable clubs. Important they are competitive from the get go.

mozza91

Coach
One thing about Ponga throughout his career he’s struggled big time when trying to play injured. Happened at the Cowboys and has happened here. Better to keep him on ice until he’s 100%.

League guru

Juniors
Just end the circus already. As I said before... if he stays, cool. If he goes, cool. He needs to start delivering if he stays, though. Our team is so much better with Ponga playing at or near his potential.
A 5 year contract at 1.2. There is no need for him to deliver now. The old if you give them more money they will play better theory. It doesn't work.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Well I might be wrong about Ponga going but if I had my time again I'd still probably make the same comments. I thought he was gone for all money. The lack of commitment during the Sharks game, the Dolphins officials at the game, meeting up with that scaly old reptile for lunch.

All I can say now is I want to see a lot more commitment from Kalyn towards winning us games on a weekly basis. I want him to get the hell out of the ruck and go back to his sweeping plays down the left and right like he used to. I don't subscribe to him "getting his hands on the ball more" because I believe in quality over quantity. I want him to work better with our halves and let them take more control of the game and only chime in when there is an opportunity (like when there is a half-break in the play). Also I don't think he should be taking attacking tips from our coach because it's pretty obvious by now AOB has no idea about attack. Listen to Joey instead.

Finally I don't want anymore goddamn exit clauses in his contract. We shouldn't have this blasted sideshow during the NRL season.

perverse

Referee
A 5 year contract at 1.2. There is no need for him to deliver now. The old if you give them more money they will play better theory. It doesn't work.
Yeah I mean, that could be the case. It'll come down to Kalyn and his motivations from here.

soc123_au

Staff member
That is a f**k tonne of Strawberry milkshakes. If he was the half the player that his old man is the negotiator you might get some value. At the moment it looks like madness.

Well sh*t. I feel like we're making a grave mistake throwing a huge deal at Ponga. Time will tell but so far he's a dud.

Wish I got paid that much for being so bad at my job.

mozza91

Coach
Well sh*t. I feel like we're making a grave mistake throwing a huge deal at Ponga. Time will tell but so far he's a dud.

Wish I got paid that much for being so bad at my job.
A dud? Jesus Christ. Friday was his worst game he’s played for us and people are carrying on as of he’s played like that the last 4 years.

Sir Galahad

Juniors
One thing Ponga needs to get out of his game is to stop catching every high ball falling on his back.
By the time he gets up the the defense is already in his face.
Compare that to someone like Edwards who eats up every meter…
he also seems to land awkardly often with his head hitting the ground.