What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potter

super_coach

First Grade
most people at the start of the season would have thought a top eight finish was a really big ask but expected us as a team to build on last year. Well we came out of the blocks firing and that faded out in no time and now we have gone way backwards. Injuries,SOO and what ever other excuse you want to use, but the fact is we are just a average football team

Bossman Nofo

Juniors
We are an average team, but what excited me earlier in the year was the passion and "having a go" they showed against manly and souths... The difference between the passion in the Penrith game and manly games at Leichhardt is immeasurable.

Bullseye

Juniors
I think some results in the early part of the season gave people a false sense of progress. The side is still relatively young and inexperienced. Then there's the injuries.

Radical Rat

Juniors
I see absolutely no benefit in sacking Potter. Making the 8 with this roster was never truly a realistic option. If Potters job hinges on making the 8 this year then that is just ridiculous, the board has set him up for a fall. We sack Potter now and we're back to square one. And the most pressing question: who the hell would replace him anyway?

Tiger05

First Grade
I have no problems with him staying but I think he has to sometimes make some tougher choices.

Id like to see him get two years with the second in our favour. A month ago most on here agreed.
Only issues I have with him are constant selection of Anasta and Lulia and Lawrence...actually and Luani.
And his lack of adaptability and creativity in game plans.
Actually lack of evidence of a game plan.

This team has moved forward since he arrived and should thrive next year with a couple of key signings.

Pezz70

Juniors
This team has moved forward since he arrived and should thrive next year with a couple of key signings.

What key signings? The club is capped out with no-one speaking of going?

We should spend a few dollars feeding up Mitch Moses! There is no way he'll make it in the NRL at his weight. His official stats say 80kgs but he looks more like 70. Steak, chicken tuna and rice my boy, and plenty of it, with four litres of milk a day and a heavy weight program, you'll be 90kgs before the start of next season!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
What key signings? The club is capped out with no-one speaking of going?

We should spend a few dollars feeding up Mitch Moses! There is no way he'll make it in the NRL at his weight. His official stats say 80kgs but he looks more like 70. Steak, chicken tuna and rice my boy, and plenty of it, with four litres of milk a day and a heavy weight program, you'll be 90kgs before the start of next season!

Anasta
Fulton
Koroibete
Murdoch-Masila

are all gone

Gibbs off the books

Thompson
Paterson

are both off contract at the end of the year

Pezz70

Juniors
Maybe there is hope! Some of those losses will be offset by some of the rubbish we've acquired mid season !

Last edited:

rex2ce

Juniors
Phil Gould said in SMH yesterday that the Salary Cap Auditor is going to bill Fultons two remaining contract years money against Tigers salary cap for each year

Eddie Lab

Juniors
so with Nofo out and this run home I don't see us making the finals:
Bulldogs (H)
Dragons (H)
Storm (H)
Cowboys (A)
Roosters (H)
Bulldogs (A)
Canberra (A)
Sharks (H)

good news is we only leave Sydney twice in the next 8 weeks and one of those is to Canberra. but that is about the only good news we have. I'd say we need to win 5 of these games to ensure we are finals bound. I can see 3 maybe 4 wins if the Tigers attack can get back to where it was but I can't see it happening.

so if that's the case, who is the coach next year? I see alot of posts saying he'll be sacked if we don't make the 8 but who would we hire? surely Todd isn't up for the roll yet.

Fordy20

Juniors
Phil Gould said in SMH yesterday that the Salary Cap Auditor is going to bill Fultons two remaining contract years money against Tigers salary cap for each year

Lol! Because the best way for the NRL to protect players from long term brain injury is to penalise clubs and players who take it seriously.

super_coach

First Grade
Anasta
Fulton
Koroibete
Murdoch-Masila

are all gone

Gibbs off the books

Thompson
Paterson

are both off contract at the end of the year

Take it from me all of the above were factored into Teddy's negotiations with the exception of Fulton. Unless we are able to move a couple of hefty contracted players we will have very little in the way of cap space to hit the market place and from what I have seen their is not much out their anyway.

We have a lot of cap space tired up in a few players at present, some on heavily backloaded contracts a legacy from our last brains trust. On a bright note things will start to improve at the end of next season or before if we can offload some of those hefty contracts--

super_coach

First Grade
Their is talk of Lawrence heading down to the Raiders in 2015, but my guess if this was the case we would be stilling paying a fair part of his contract for the next two years that of course stills comes off our cap, but their would be some cap relief

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Cheers,why are we always finding new ways to get our cap in trouble,that said surely the NRL won't allow this ridiculious situation to occur.

If this is true (and it appears it is) this is an outrageous stance by the NRL. They can't have it both ways. Fulton, to his credit, made a decision for his own wellbeing and now the NRL want to sting us....good luck getting players and clubs to continue complying with this rule now this is the NRL decision.

The guy is no longer playing and while we are probably paying is wage for the next few years, he will be gainfully employed doing something I am guessing, but why have him on our cap....like you say 851 why us all the time?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cheers,why are we always finding new ways to get our cap in trouble,that said surely the NRL won't allow this ridiculious situation to occur.

Its more a case of consistency.

McKinnon's salary was made exempt from the Knights cap by the NRL.

Might be worth seeing if such a deal was made with Brisbane for Yow Yeh or Cronulla for Ryan and Morris.

rex2ce

Juniors
LOL we have Lady Luck against us, Shayne Hayne against us and now the Salary Cap Auditor, why would Potter want to stay next year?

Latest posts