What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price - 5 game test

hardbaby

Coach
Smith. FMD. Can't believe we are even talking about him. I guess it shows how low this mighty club has fallen.

Smith's and Sheen's best is well and truly behind them - 20 years ago.
What have they really achieved since?
Sheens - 1 premiership in 10 years at the tiges, plus rep coach success which is pretty irrelevant at NRL level.
Smith - mr fixit in year one at a club, followed by a downwards spiral, (which we already have now).

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
Smith's and Sheen's best is well and truly behind them - 20 years ago.
What have they really achieved since?
Sheens - 1 premiership in 10 years at the tiges, plus rep coach success which is pretty irrelevant at NRL level.
Smith - mr fixit in year one at a club, followed by a downwards spiral, (which we already have now).
This!!!;-)

big pat

Coach
It's a plausible argument Slippery but Smith brought divisiveness to several clubs later in his career without success.

Like Smith, Hassler was a teacher, Toovey a CPA. Ted Glossop was a headmaster from memory. You need organisational and people skills. Hard to maintain both through a long career

of course on the other side of the coin, smith would love it at the gong, where he could be nice and relaxed.

bottle

Coach
I think Young has sucked enough out of the Dragons off his dad's name. I'd be f*@#ing livid if he walked into a head coaching role in first grade. He barely earned himself a position in the team and has certainly done f-all to deserve a gig as coach.

Are you serious? Young was a Saints warrior who played on under great adversity to help deliver us a Premiership. He was good enough for Bennett, nuff said.

Can't believe the disdain some have for blokes who have done things most of us can only dream of.

saints4me

Juniors
I think Price is going to make fools out of all of you. I think we're going to see a smarter team this year. We've got a pretty good 1-6-7-9. If they play to their potential then we'll do alright. Don't forget Price had three years under the so-called master coach in Bennett. A pretty good apprenticeship let's not forget.
I'm excited about our chances. Bring it on!!!

Coffs dragon

Bench
Are you serious? Young was a Saints warrior who played on under great adversity to help deliver us a Premiership. He was good enough for Bennett, nuff said.

Can't believe the disdain some have for blokes who have done things most of us can only dream of.

Well said Bottle and I agree, one day Deano will be a great head coach, however he still needs to learn and earn before he gets his chance.

64 Dragon

Coach
I don't know where all these ideas of 5 or 6 weeks and then off come from. Our club does not publicise any of their in-house decisions. It's all bullshit and rumours.

dragonreddy

Juniors
I think Price is going to make fools out of all of you. I think we're going to see a smarter team this year. We've got a pretty good 1-6-7-9. If they play to their potential then we'll do alright. Don't forget Price had three years under the so-called master coach in Bennett. A pretty good apprenticeship let's not forget.

He showed in the last two years he didnt learn much or maybe he was just runnin dead.

possm

Coach
Price has had enough time to prove his coaching ability. If he produced an organised and well drilled team of players who were competitive in the majority of games and if Price produced well selected squads with a good game plan, I don't think people would be so upset with him.

In my opinion the fans and the Club have been very generous to Price and really given his obvious lack of even limited success over the past two seasons, Price should have stepped aside prior to the end of last season.

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee

That would be nice, BUT... history tells me otherwise.
We have a great 1 and 6....
7 and 9 I am yet to be convicned, Rein has not impressed.
Williams, yet to know.
If he turns it around... well done.
Having said all of that, I suspect he wont be coaching us in 2015.

TruSaint

Referee
Price has had enough time to prove his coaching ability. If he produced an organised and well drilled team of players who were competitive in the majority of games and if Price produced well selected squads with a good game plan, I don't think people would be so upset with him.

In my opinion the fans and the Club have been very generous to Price and really given his obvious lack of even limited success over the past two seasons, Price should have stepped aside prior to the end of last season.

Correct.

pinkmoon

Juniors
We will lose the first 4 games and then win in Round 5 after which Price will be rewarded with a 2 year contract extension.

inside_pass

Bench
I think the club's hand will be forced to punt Price if he fails.I give him until round 6-8 until the clubs patience runs out.
He might be a nice bloke but just doesn't get results!

Jubileeboy

First Grade
But it was on Twitter... It must be true.
Do you guys seriously think the club has not well and truly commenced the search for a coach for next season? Forget Millward and McGregor. Doust needs to deliver a successful coach that will secure Doust's position for the next 3 years. He's done it before, was close with Bellamy and I am happy to think he will do it again. The speculation is nonsense and would make a great episode for the X-Files

Saintsified

Bench
You can't be a dumb bum and be a successful coach. Ex footballers generally don't have the smarts to be successful. Some do (e.g Des Hasler) but most don't. Being a greyhound man (Price) says a lot about where you sit on the intelligence scale. How the hell are you going to communicate, inspire and get grown men to run through brick walls for you if you are as dumb as poor old Pricey. I hope to be renewing my membership in round 6 after Price is booted in round 5. Then again if Mary, Young, Hornby etc get the nod i will have to think a bit harder about it

Hasler had the team and the resources, was he considered dumb in his first few seasons? He came 14th in year 1.

End of the day I've said it all along I will judge Price this season with this team and not the last two seasons when our club undermined him trying to entice Bellamy over.

D4L

Juniors
But it was on Twitter... It must be true.
Do you guys seriously think the club has not well and truly commenced the search for a coach for next season? Forget Millward and McGregor. Doust needs to deliver a successful coach that will secure Doust's position for the next 3 years. He's done it before, was close with Bellamy and I am happy to think he will do it again. The speculation is nonsense and would make a great episode for the X-Files

It's a rumour, by definition means it's unsubstantiated. The post was to discuss the possibility. I guess discussing a 'possible' outcome maybe too 'XFile' like for some!

epDragon62

First Grade

Ditto!

Latest posts