What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price - 5 game test

jenninga

First Grade
Most will attest that I am not on the Price hate bandwagon, but be careful with the 'we lost X number of games by 6 points or less' line, as it can be misleading.
We won a few by some small margins as well, some by good fortune.
We finished where we deserved to based on last year's squad and effort.
This year better squad, we must improve, no leeway allowed.

I think Parra had a similar season where they lost a number of games by low margins,either last season or year before,so yes a loss is a loss.
Many of those 'close' games were us playing catchup footy where the game was just about lost after half time.

Minh

First Grade
I don't hate Price as I think he is a gentleman, but he scares me as head coach.

GT0007

Juniors
I think the team has almost picked itself and is pretty close to what I would have imagined but lets hope the selection process becomes more difficult after tonight because good games are had by fringe players instead of poor performances by front runners. Price needs to start with a culture that if you don't perform you get dropped and while it may be a little disruptive short term it will be better for us in the back half of the season. I think Price has perservered with some positional choices for too long.

mickeylane

Bench
The dragons need a coach like sheens to tweak the attack, tweak the defense .. The players are there but they are being badly coached.. There's no depth in our attack (standing too flat) and there's no urgency in our defense ..
Btw.. Throw $4m at Fifita !! We need size

Dragonboyd

Juniors
The dragons need a coach like sheens to tweak the attack, tweak the defense .. The players are there but they are being badly coached.. There's no depth in our attack (standing too flat) and there's no urgency in our defense ..

Please don't ever suggest Sheens, the bloke is useless. Only thing he was good for was losing big games with great squads.

saint.nick

Coach

Defence? Tigers couldn't defend for shit under Sheens; it's one of the reasons why they never made the finals! I'd maybe consider that Wane bloke from Wigan.

possm

Coach
Who is responsible/accountable?
Attack: Mary
Forwards: Young
Defence and everything else: Price
The coaching staff: Doust
Doust: The Board
The Board: The Club Members

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Most will attest that I am not on the Price hate bandwagon, but be careful with the 'we lost X number of games by 6 points or less' line, as it can be misleading.
We won a few by some small margins as well, some by good fortune.
We finished where we deserved to based on last year's squad and effort.
This year better squad, we must improve, no leeway allowed.

I'm not on the Price hate bandwagon either......hate is a very strong word....I just DONT wont him coaching my footy team that I've been supporting for 56 years...end of story

Minh

First Grade
I'm not on the Price hate bandwagon either......hate is a very strong word....I just DONT wont him coaching my footy team that I've been supporting for 56 years...end of story

This.... except 56 years is longer than what I've been around lol.

Dea

Juniors
I've been reading all off season about the new players, finally we've got Prices team, we were dissapointed with ourselves last year, yada-yada-yada...
9's. We can't attack but apparently that is soooo different you cannot use it as a guide.
Charity Shield - we get thumped! It could have been worse except Souths stopped playing with 20 minutes to go. And what footy did we produce? Not much different to last year!

We have some new players but are playing the same game. Can't attack or score points. The opposition forwards roll over us. No hunger, no mongrel, no leader.... No coach

pinkmoon

Juniors
A highly respected scientist has released some pretty interesting findings from tonights performance having found cultures consistent with that of fecal matter.

Last edited:

Minh

First Grade
opposition puts nearly 40 on us and their backline is not really white hot either.