What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Projected round 1 team 2024

R-15-3

Bench
I want AFB now or never, another 12 months we are in a different position and he is another year older and of the opinion most* props only peak for 3-4 years

Craigshark

First Grade
I want AFB now or never, another 12 months we are in a different position and he is another year older and of the opinion most* props only peak for 3-4 years

yeah I’m a bit the same. If we get him for next season, our chances all of a sudden increase ten fold if we can keep everyone mostly fit.

carinashark

First Grade
Can't see Herb being left out. Can see Hazelton being left out. Talakai will play left centre to start. If he fails, he'll be in the shop front window I reckon.
Our coach thinks first then acts. Talakai is a weapon he will find a place.

Chimp

Bench
That’s how I feel right now, and that should be the message to the Warriors - get him for 24’ and I think we can have a red hot crack at the big dance.
That being said, in 12 months time, if we’re still lacking the alpha prop, I reckon he’ll still likely be the best available.
We need him for 24 though - gotta be pulling out all the stops, even if that means paying overs in 24’ to seal the trade (maybe a trade plus we cover some additional freight of the player we give them).

Frenzy.

Immortal
That’s how I feel right now, and that should be the message to the Warriors - get him for 24’ and I think we can have a red hot crack at the big dance.
That being said, in 12 months time, if we’re still lacking the alpha prop, I reckon he’ll still likely be the best available.
We need him for 24 though - gotta be pulling out all the stops, even if that means paying overs in 24’ to seal the trade (maybe a trade plus we cover some additional freight of the player we give them).
Can't pay overs thankfully. He has asked for a release and therefore can't be paid more than current contract. NRL introduced this to stop greedy pricks having fake compassionate needs to leave.

Trouble may be that Warriors want Nikora

Chimp

Bench
Can't pay overs thankfully. He has asked for a release and therefore can't be paid more than current contract. NRL introduced this to stop greedy pricks having fake compassionate needs to leave.

Trouble may be that Warriors want Nikora
I’m not saying pay overs to AFB, I’m saying give the Warriors BHU (or anyone EXCEPT Nikora) pick up all of AFB salary, and agree to pay a portion of BHU salary - pay overs in the cap, but for the Warriors benefit, not AFB.

R-15-3

Bench
Don’t feel he will be worth a million in 2 years let alone 3-4. He is worth it for the next year or 2 but after that could really screw our salary cap. It’s not like he is a Pain Hass or Tino with plenty of time and youth on their side.
The next 12 months there will be a few props come out of the woodworks and kill it that could be stolen for less.
or my preferred option of Klemmer for around $700k if we get lucky.

Nikora is the only forward I'd be annoyed if he left. Offer them wilton instead *

*obviously wilton may not want to live in nz and the club probably wouldn't release him anyway 😄

Frenzy.

Immortal
I’m not saying pay overs to AFB, I’m saying give the Warriors BHU (or anyone EXCEPT Nikora) pick up all of AFB salary, and agree to pay a portion of BHU salary - pay overs in the cap, but for the Warriors benefit, not AFB.
I can't see the Sharks asking anyone to leave. Everyone who has left since Fitz came in has asked to leave, meaning no cost to the Sharks. If you have to pay a million for AFB and then say half the wage of BHU or another it effectively screws the cap up as it's the same as paying overs - even if you could.

Bad business IMO.

2024 is a long shot unless someone asks to go

Chimp

Bench
Or you save the ~$500k and get him half way through the 24 season if the Warriors ain’t looking like making a dent in the finals.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Or you save the ~$500k and get him half way through the 24 season if the Warriors ain’t looking like making a dent in the finals.
Far more likely. Do what we do in Health. Piss someone off so badly that they leave.

Chimp

Bench
Far more likely. Do what we do in Health. Piss someone off so badly that they leave.
As long as it’s someone who deserves that treatment. I’m all for that ruthless attitude if it’s someone who’s not putting in or not respecting their diet as we’d expect (I reckon Hunt could be one of those), but if it’s someone who gives their all, but is just not as good as we thought they’d be and is therefore getting overs, then that’s on us and we should take our medicine.
Equally, if any of our off contract lot are either not wanting for 25, or are wanted but not looking like signing, they should be the trade option.

I'd be nervous if I was on this list. Especially if I was worth around $300k.

Jayden Berrell, Max Bradbury, Billy Burns, Jesse Colquhoun, Braden Hamlin-Uele, Tuku Hau Tapuha, Mawene Hiroti, Kayal Iro, Niwhai Puru, Siteni Taukamo, and Jack Williams. I'd probably add another 1 or 2 to the list
The one not on list who could be option is Trindall, with Dykes, Puru, and Pollard around, if Trindall doesn't fire early.