What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quigs

Immortal
130 Sharks players (Harold Mathews squad, SG Ball squad, State Cup, Holden Cup & NRL) all proudly wearing Black, White and Blue training together for 2 hours followed by a Club BBQ with Paul Gallen coming along to be one of the cooks.

And how many of them called the cook a cook?

carcharias

Immortal
Those 3 hacks should be f**king strung up.

Maybe they are right , maybe they are wrong.
But man... They have proved nothing in almost 10 months of relentless attacks on the sharks.

Any other job with a zero strike rate from about 350 attempts would surely warrant a review.
What sort of a pussy is running that newspaper?
Grow a set mate and f**k em off .

ASADA have nothing

The warren commission ran from 29th November 1963 its report came out September 24 1964, 889 pages into JFK assassination, that took 10 months, ASADA investigation of Sharks is close to being same length.

Last edited:

Southern Shark

Juniors
What did that catholic barrister say. We need 3 Millstone's and drop them into the WA coast just off shore. No burly required. Win Win.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Asada still leaking like a Chinese bathtub, now over Kennedy.
If any of these rumours end up being true, people from ASADA will go to jail.

Card Shark

Immortal
Now they have Martin Kennedy receiving an infraction notice. How does that song go. 'Here comes the Roosters......

He's now contracted to the Broncos. Heard on the news that the telecrap are apparently reporting that ASADA have more damning evidence against him than any Sharks player.

Why do the Telecrap mention his name & how do they know that? They have no problem defaming anybody or anything. (i.e. us).

Wish they'd stop writing bullshit until it is actually true - when an infraction notice is given.

Card Shark

Immortal
On the field we are focused on building on the success of 2013 and last night our Head Coach Shane Flanagan staged an outstanding CLUB night with 130 Sharks players (Harold Mathews squad, SG Ball squad, State Cup, Holden Cup & NRL) all proudly wearing Black, White and Blue training together for 2 hours followed by a Club BBQ with Paul Gallen coming along to be one of the cooks.

#UP UP CRONULLA

They interviewed Gal on the Big Sports Breakfast on Tuesday. As an indication of his commitment, he said he went away & trained with Danny Green (I think) for a week after getting knocked out of the finals, to get over the disappointment. He said he loves the training.

Upon his return from the World Cup recently, he has been to Sharks training everyday & has even been doing his own training in the gym's boxing ring, in preparation for his upcoming charity bout in NZ.

I wish he'd have a rest but it seems he just can't. Means he will be fit for 2014 but hopefully not too tired.

Card Shark

Immortal
If we are found to have done the wrong thing, someone must be responsible.

Whoever that is / they are need to be heavily punished because our club / brand has suffered immeasurably.

I hope that doesn't include Flanno but if he is found to have done the wrong thing, he deserves punishment.

12 months is way too long if comparing to James Hird. If comparing to him, 1 month is enough & considering he was stood down for 2 weeks early last year, 2 more weeks is fair.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
If we are found to have done the wrong thing, someone must be responsible..
Gilard, Clare & Lundy.
All of this debacle, this complete & utter waste of time & money over 3 alleged, unprovable & untraceable peptides that have no benefit whatsover in performance improvement.
Fair enough if it was EPO, Roids the gear etc. But no, 3 inert substances have caused this & those pharken low life khharrrnts knew it all along.

SharkShocked

Bench
Interesting to see the approach from the Sharks RE Flanno.

Taking the 'he was inexperienced' and 'he got shit left over from Stuart' type approach to me doesn't really sit well.

Whilst it all may be true and accurate, I can't see how this sort of pleading / mercy dash approach is going to sway the NRL.

webShark

They interviewed Gal on the Big Sports Breakfast on Tuesday. As an indication of his commitment, he said he went away & trained with Danny Green (I think) for a week after getting knocked out of the finals, to get over the disappointment. He said he loves the training.

Upon his return from the World Cup recently, he has been to Sharks training everyday & has even been doing his own training in the gym's boxing ring, in preparation for his upcoming charity bout in NZ.

I wish he'd have a rest but it seems he just can't. Means he will be fit for 2014 but hopefully not too tired.
Training with Green is logical. His trainer was Craig Catterick , who was with us last year and I think on the Kangaroos tour. Not our of the question he will be back either.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
NRL boss leaves Sharks ace to face media
NRL boss David Smith has made a hasty exit and left Cronulla star Todd Carney to be grilled about looming outcomes from the supplements saga gripping the Sharks.
Carney was one of four marquee players who joined Smith to launch the NRL Auckland Nines at Rugby League Central in Sydney on Thursday but was instead left fielding questions about the controversy which has hung over his club for the past 11 months.
The ARL Commissioners were briefed on the progress of the Integrity Unit's investigation into Cronulla's 2011 supplements program during a 10-hour meeting on Wednesday, but ultimately decisions on any penalties rest in the hands of Smith and the NRL's chief operating officer Jim Doyle.
While Smith departed on Thursday without facing the media amid speculation the league will reveal the Sharks' fate on Friday, Carney was probed for about 15 minutes.
The former Dally M Medallist insisted he was as much in the dark as everyone else and said he and teammates had been asked to carry on as normal with pre-season training.
"(We've been told) to continue what we've been doing for the last five weeks and that's turn up and train as hard as we can and do the best we can for our club," Carney said.
"I've probably been told as much as you all have. I don't read the papers. People ring me and ask what's going on and I say I don't know.
"That's the same now. I don't know."
The NRL's investigation is separate from the anti-doping probe still being conducted by ASADA and it is believed to centre on alleged governance failures at the club.
There has been speculation of the Sharks being handed a massive fine and losing coach Shane Flanagan to a 12-month suspension similar to that handed by the AFL to Essendon coach James Hird.
"If he was to be stood down, I'd be disappointed and it would hurt our club," Carney said.
"But until that happens, it's all as usual and he's addressed us as coach that his focus is to make us a better side in 2014 and I've got all confidence that Shane will do that."
Carney was diplomatic when asked about Smith's hasty exit that left him in the spotlight.
"He's the boss of our game and I'm sure he'll have an answer when it comes out," Carney said.
"I don't think anyone has an answer. I'm sure when there is an answer, we'll be told."
LINK Poor Todd

Griffoshark66

First Grade
What a f**kn joke. They have the audacity to sell this farce with a marketable sharks star and then hang him out to dry. Smith is a merkinbag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts