What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland Side for 2010?

Dazzat

First Grade
If Tuquri isn't in the team, I'd be gutted. Absolutely slaying them at the moment.

I think Tonga put pay to the whole left/right thing in last year's series.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Tonga and Boyd on Queenslands right side shuts down anything Nsw left side can throw at them. Tonga is fit and firing and has been for some time. He should be picked.

benj4

Juniors
Tonga can play just as well either side. He played on the right side in Origin last year for the second game and spent most of the latter part on the season on the right as well.

He only played 20 or so minutes on the right in Origin. Hardly enough to convince me he will do better then Tate there. I would back him to do the job though if picked.

We only have 1 option.

Inglis and Tonga on the left;

Inglis is the best attacking left centre in the game with average defence.

Tonga is one of the best defensive left centres in the game.

Folau and Tate on the right;

Folau is good to kick too and is big and black.

Tate is the best defensive right centre in the NRL.

Inglis and TOnga will obviously swap in attack and defence.

Agreed.

I like Tate as a winger better to be honest. But he does a fine job at center defencivly, especially for Qld a couple years back.

He was amazing in 2008.

screeder

Juniors
Tate shat me to tears in his latter years at the Broncos. Played sh*t at club level but at least he killed it in origin.

isaiah

Bench
if cam smith and thurston are injured, i'd go with prince and friend.if its just smith out, aaron payne.

andrew057

First Grade
He said 2 weeks hopefully today, but didnt sound very confident at all. I think hes looking at about a month out.

screeder

Juniors
Bolton had a good game last night in front of Mal. He should be in the 17. And Smiths a tough mofo, he'll play.

Boganater

Juniors
Assuming Smith & Thurston are in doubt game 1:

Slater
Tuqiri
Inglis
Tonga
Boyd
Lockyer
Cronk
Shillington
Ballin
Civoniceva
Myles
Thaiday
Harrison
Hannant
Scott
Bolton
Prince

screeder

Juniors
Tough one. Bolton probably in better form and has more attack but Parker actually kicks goals. They'll pick Bolton and i'd be happy with that.

elyod138

Bench
I think Scott Bolton is a chance at being a shock inclusion in the starting side, he is playing that well.

andrew057

First Grade
Theres no way Bolton starts unless theres injuries.

Myles and Thaiday have been the two best back rowers in the comp so far and we know Mal likes having Harrison in the line up as his ball playing is essential to get the backs nice early ball.

BDR

First Grade
I am a Cowboys fan, but I think Bolton has had a tremendous season thus far. His running and passing games are phenomenal now, and he has always had fairly stout defence. Hoping he gets at least a bench spot.

elyod138

Bench
I agree Bolton would most likely be on the bench if he is picked. I just wouldn't be surprised if Mal picked him in the starting side, he did it before when Matt Scott made his debut (before he was ready, he struggled).

Big Pete

Referee
and picked him in the second row to boot which was silly.

Bolton would be a good pick, as long as he isn't picked as a prop.

andirect

Juniors
If everyone is fit

1. Slater
2. Lote
3. Inglis
4. Folau
5. Boyd/Tate
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Hannant
9. Smith