What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quotes Concerning Dragons & NRL Right Game Right Venue Announcement

Rexxy

Coach
Johnsy Then you would know that coming from the Gong you have to go all the way into town then double back another 20 minutes then change and then change again at flemington? It's quicker to fly down from the tweed. And if you are from the shire and miss the last train it's 90 bux in a cab.

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
Those people you mention, may not have the capacity to do so.

Its not JUST about whether or not they get "free" trains rides mate.
There is much more to it.
These people/fans plan their trips, they have an understanding of facilities at Kog and Win.
You may find it amusing, i doubt they do.

I also plan my trips, I also have an understanding of facilities at both grounds.

I see what you mean, a very complex issue indeed. FMD :lol::lol:

Could you please make the point you are trying to get across.

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
Johnsy Then you would know that coming from the Gong you have to go all the way into town then double back another 20 minutes then change and then change again at flemington? It's quicker to fly down from the tweed. And if you are from the shire and miss the last train it's 90 bux in a cab.

All true Rexxy. This certainly wouldn't be enough for me not to renew my membership or consider boycotting games.

Each to their own though.

What's Up

Juniors
We'll done dragons and the NRL. This concept sounds good but they are missing the big picture. It is very arrogant to suggest that by playing in bigger venues fans will just come. The NRL does not have the cult like status the AFL does. I'm sick of hearing about commercial this and commercial that. Sponsors are important but what about the fans. Ticket prices are high, food etc at games are pricey, the scheduling doesn't suit young families. Now we have five home venues. What a load of crap. You want to hope fans do come, because it is as dull as bat shit at ANZ if the teams are poor with 10,000 in a 80,000 stadium.

TruSaint

Referee
I also plan my trips, I also have an understanding of facilities at both grounds.

I see what you mean, a very complex issue indeed. FMD :lol::lol:

Could you please make the point you are trying to get across.

Dont understand your sarcastic reply.
Thought you were beyond that.
Albeit, my message, in case you didnt get it, is that people / fans etc, of the real variety,
plan their games well in advance, knowing they have 2 venues to navigate. Not 3 or 4.
Im glad you have supported the club through thick and thin. I have also and in the good years (not footy but business), contributed a shit load.
Doesnt make me any better a supporter than the guy who lives in the Gong or Kog, and sits on the hill.

As to it being a FMD complex issue... poor taste mate.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Just for those interested. Just saw a post from St George Illawarra on facey, that there will be 8 game member packages in 2014. They said more details will come out later ;)

TruSaint

Referee
Just for those interested. Just saw a post from St George Illawarra on facey, that there will be 8 game member packages in 2014. They said more details will come out later ;)

Thanks Tumbi.
8 games... that says it all.

To those who support this move enjoy 12k at ANZ stadium.
One good thing... parking easy.

Last edited:

Saintsified

Bench
He HILLbillies you call are the ground root supporters.
Without these die hards, you wouldnt have a seat.
Poor choice
This the the NRL not NFL.
Population 22 mil... not 320 mill.

Bullshit i grew up on the hill too but ive promoted myself, time you do too, without the seated fans some who pay 1000s a year for platinum and gold seats you wouldnt have a team to watch.

Thing is we can sell more if seats are available.

MOVE AND MOVE FAST.

TruSaint

Referee
We'll done dragons and the NRL. This concept sounds good but they are missing the big picture. It is very arrogant to suggest that by playing in bigger venues fans will just come. The NRL does not have the cult like status the AFL does. I'm sick of hearing about commercial this and commercial that. Sponsors are important but what about the fans. Ticket prices are high, food etc at games are pricey, the scheduling doesn't suit young families. Now we have five home venues. What a load of crap. You want to hope fans do come, because it is as dull as bat shit at ANZ if the teams are poor with 10,000 in a 80,000 stadium.

Congrats!!!

The most watched league in the world is the EPL.
Love or hate it.. it is.
Venues are NOT 80-100k stadiums.
30-40k is average, with some like Arsenal much greater.
Go to White Hart Lane at 30k support and see a home ground advantage.
Before some scientist tells me there are other stadiums with greater volume,
I suggest you look at the averages and stats.

Local rivalry, local support, local influence... Thats footy in ANY code.

bottle

Coach
Four of the biggest clubs in Sydney have already taken similar steps and are moving upwards in terms of crowds as a consequence.
As unpalatable as it is, it was inevitable.

Saintsified

Bench

NRL never head membership like AFL either but what a steep growth its been the last 5 years or so....the same will happen with centralised stadium crowds over time, dont be naive.

bottle

Coach
Congrats!!!

The most watched league in the world is the EPL.
Love or hate it.. it is.
Venues are NOT 80-100k stadiums.
30-40k is average, with some like Arsenal much greater.
Go to White Hart Lane at 30k support and see a home ground advantage.
Before some scientist tells me there are other stadiums with greater volume,
I suggest you look at the averages and stats.

Local rivalry, local support, local influence... Thats footy in ANY code.

But you can't ignore population/demography/transport in your considerations either Tru. All come into play.

counterpuncher

Juniors
I like the concept of "event" games as the two existing fixtures seem to work well, (ANZAC Day, Tigers at SCG). Adding two "blockbusters" at Allianz would work well in fair weather seasons, though based on our current form, the idea falls very flat.

I abhor the idea of ANZ stadium being any part of our fixture list. Neither the St.George or Illawarra region has any link with western Sydney and the idea of staging a "home" game vs. the Bulldogs or Rabbitohs at the venue is laughable. I cannot imagine a single poster on this forum (and the issue has been argued to death) that would enjoy watching the Dragons at ANZ with 50000 empty seats surrounding them over a packed house at Kogarah or the 'gong. If a team like the WSW and their endless crowd potential are not rushing to play out of this mutt of a stadium, there is really no reason for the Dragons to (apart from the soulless $$$$'s)

I also believe the quality of the games being brought to both WIN venues will be severely diminished and I expect to see a lot more of the Titans, Cowboys, Panthers, Raiders etc at the local venues which leaves me feeling underwhelmed and less likely to rush out for my season pass.

I would always prefer these stadium decisions to be made on a reactive basis. If we are at the pointy end of the comp, a top of the table clash absolutely merits a bigger venue.... however if we repeat 2013 along with the Tigers, those empty seats at the revamped SCG will look even sillier.

Oh and for everyones sake please lock the local derby Sharks fixture at Kogarah, giving us traditionalists something to hold on to.

Saintsified

Bench
Four of the biggest clubs in Sydney have already taken similar steps and are moving upwards in terms of crowds as a consequence.
As unpalatable as it is, it was inevitable.

EXACTLY

We got no choice but to move with the times, im over a 100 HILL fans going on about staying on the HILL.

TruSaint

Referee
Bullshit i grew up on the hill too but ive promoted myself, time you do too, without the seated fans some who pay 1000s a year for platinum and gold seats you wouldnt have a team to watch.

Thing is we can sell more if seats are available.

MOVE AND MOVE FAST.

Listen clown.
You want more details PM me.
I payed over 30k per year for 10 years, so before you start on your venture of money, remember this.
Whilst i was sitting in private boxes / suites at the SFS, i also knew that without the troops in the crowd, we amounted to sh...
With all respect, get off your high horse, cause it sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder.

bottle

Coach
Listen clown.
You want more details PM me.
I payed over 30k per year for 10 years, so before you start on your venture of money, remember this.
Whilst i was sitting in private boxes / suites at the SFS, i also knew that without the troops in the crowd, we amounted to sh...
With all respect, get off your high horse, cause it sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder.

Go easy on him man.
It's frustrating for him sitting at the airport all this time waiting for Rangi's plane to land.

TruSaint

Referee
Go easy on him man.
It's frustrating for him sitting at the airport all this time waiting for Rangi's plane to land.

Bottle,
Your right...
I will have a malt whisky and look forward to 2014.
Sorry dudes, cant stand the demeaning attitude towards the grass roots lovers of our club.
Having sat on both sides, corporate and hill.
F.... give me the hill.
Thanks B.