What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R 1 V The Dragons

betcats

Referee
We are going to have to watch out for young Field off the bench, he has the kind of speed and footwork that could really burn us around the edges(im looking at you Carty). Push up on him and do not take that dummy, just f**king hit him hard. Other than that im not worried about the dragons attack, we will have to play poorly to lose. Field is a tiny fella so when he comes on we better test him defensively, get guys like Waqa and Peach one on one with him and he is going to struggle.

Frankus

Juniors
I was just thinking maybe its because he's not certain to be fit after his head knock against Eels.

I would think 2 weeks was enough. But maybe we play it safe now. No sense risking a players health so early in the season. Finals you take the risk. Not Round 1.
After the McManus suit and documented cases in the NFL, I don't think any team will be taking a risk, finals or otherwise on concussions.

TheFrog

Coach
Just had a look at the Dragons thread myself. Gees they hate Mcgregor don't they. One thread there calling for his sacking stretches to 99 pages. Even in the Team thread half the post are bagging him out.

This club's fans are second only to the Broncos in being accustomed to winning, especially the older supporters. The only real lean patch apart from the one developing now they've had in modern times was in the late 80's. Things have been a tad lean since Benny abandoned them, but that happens to everyone he leaves for some reason or other, even the Broncos.

Being used to making the finals most years when it doesn't happen you can expect to hear loud hissing from the vicinity of the Taj Mahal. The impression I get is that the football club isn't really in a suitable pecuniary position to pay out McGregor and bring in someone better (ie higher paid) especially if this season is a write-off, so expect to see him finish his gig regardless of how the team scrubs up.

TheFrog

Coach
Saturday's forecast is for showers, rather than rain. In the realm of weather forecasting, there is a difference.

Saturday's forecast is for showers, rather than rain. In the realm of weather forecasting, there is a difference.

Well there was supposed to be a 90% chance of rain all week yet it has been on and off, more sun than rain. Hopefully it holds out

TheFrog

Coach
Well there was supposed to be a 90% chance of rain all week yet it has been on and off, more sun than rain. Hopefully it holds out
I think 90% chance of rain means sometime during the day. Thinking what we're getting now will carry over into the weekend but we will see.

pandas

Juniors
Geez I hope you guys are right about the weather holding off, will be my first visit to jubilee and I've got tickets right on the fence. Plus I wanna see some razzle dazzle from the boys in the dry!

GongPanther

Referee
The ground will be in perfect condition which is all you need. It also is best if there are heavy rain periods rather than light rain,as the ball isn't as slippery.

I'm quietly confident that a very good win,not a big score though,just a good footballing win to get the ball rolling.

superpanther

Juniors
just reading on the dragons forum that they called us hillbillies....and geez are they bagging out their coach!!!! reminds me of the Matthew Elliot days...lol

soc123_au

Staff member
We were measured and dignified towards Elliott compared to the Dragons fans VS Mary

Doomednow

Bench
Hillbillies is a bit much. Bogans and Westies yeah ok but we aren't cooking up roadkill stew while playing the banjo and drinking moonshine.

soc123_au

Staff member
Hillbillies is a bit much. Bogans and Westies yeah ok but we aren't cooking up roadkill stew while playing the banjo and drinking moonshine.
Speak for yourself. ha ha. Now where's Mum? I'm feeling frisky...

Throwing stereotypes around is a bit rich from fans of a club that dont even have a real home.

Latest posts