What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R 1 V The Dragons

SBD82

Coach
I'm struggling to think of any standouts tbh.

Gordon turned into a world class fullback but Elliott played him on the wing. Kids like Graham and Coote were ok I guess but turned into far better players after they left. Our best players were good long before Elliott showed up and dudes like Burns and Walsh pretty much did the exact same job on day 1 as they did when he left. I guess you could say Simmo got a fair bit better during those years but there weren't that many.
Fair enough. You guys would certainly remember those days better than me (my best mate and my ex are panthers fans but I've never followed them).

What's most disappointing about Mary is seeing guys regress so badly. He's so keen to play a "power game" that he has taken all footballing ability out of our players. If he had a guy like peachy I don't think peachy would get a run.

SBD82

Coach
Personally, I'd take Mary. Elliott looks like he knows a thing or two on his little whiteboard segment, but he took this club to the spoon in his first year. And put Purtell in the second row in a final.
Give Mary a chance. Now that he has the squad he wants, he could very well get the result this year.

age.s

First Grade
Fair enough. You guys would certainly remember those days better than me (my best mate and my ex are panthers fans but I've never followed them).

What's most disappointing about Mary is seeing guys regress so badly. He's so keen to play a "power game" that he has taken all footballing ability out of our players. If he had a guy like peachy I don't think peachy would get a run.

Yeah it sucks man. Got no hate for the Dragons so I hope you guys work it out soon.

Just not this week :p

betcats

Referee
Ha. That's pretty bad, I didn't know about purtell. Mary had his own purtell moment when he played Jack De Belin at halfback against the broncos.
The main reason I would pick Elliot over Mary is that there were players that improved while playing under Elliot. I can't think of a single player that has done so under Mary.

Haha yeah I remember JDBs game at half. I think we are splitting hairs between these two muppets tbh, I hope neither of them get near an nrl team again, unless it's the broncos.

Kilkenny

Coach
The weather conditions surely favour the Dragons and make this a much more even contest.

I am taking nothing for granted.

Just want the two points and don't care how we get them.

They are predicting the rain to ease by game time. I agree that the win is good enough but the Tigers were evidence last night that you can do something in the wet.

Panther Pete

Juniors
I was watching NRL 360 during the week and Paul Kent claimed Gus started getting involved in the coaching of the side mid way thru last season, looking at attacking structures etc. This coincided with us actually starting to play some decent footy towards the back end of the season and made a run for the semi's.......curious to know if there is any truth to his comments?

Copperhead

Juniors
They are predicting the rain to ease by game time. I agree that the win is good enough but the Tigers were evidence last night that you can do something in the wet.

Not looking too good
C6CRjkqU0AAJk-P.jpg

Under 20's down 12 nil after 23 minutes.

Edit, down 18 nil after 29 minutes.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
Highlight for Panthers in that Under 20s match was a bit hit in the belly of the Dragons hooker that caused him to vomit.

We bombed 5 tries or so. Had afair one disallowed. Poor kicks. Looked clueless. But talent is there

mxlegend99

Referee
Rein looks ordinary in reserve grade against his former club. If he cant do well there he's not going to do much in first grade.

Hope its weather hurting him. But really his passes are shit.