What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

doyen

Bench
Would you be loyal to your employer if you had a better offer somewhere else? The sooner people accept its just a job to these guys the better.

It is just a job & you are exactly right!

Loyalty is a rare thing these days,especially in "SPORT"[for want of a better word]where the rewards are high!

DC_fan

Coach
My gut feeling is that Greg Inglis will be a Bronco come 2017, if not sooner. Also that Thomas Burgess will be with an NFL team next year and Reynolds will be a Titan in 2016.

I suppose if all of these do leave then it should free up sufficient salary cap room for Sam's re-signing.

Gus Gould Twitter also said GI leaving has been going on behind closed doors for weeks and only because it has leaked that the rabbitohs have now got GI to deny it once again believe what you will

alien

Referee
My gut feeling is that Greg Inglis will be a Bronco come 2017, if not sooner. Also that Thomas Burgess will be with an NFL team next year and Reynolds will be a Titan in 2016.

I suppose if all of these do leave then it should free up sufficient salary cap room for Sam's re-signing.

What makes you think any of them have to leave to fit Sam in???

souths_pride

Juniors
I wouldn't be trusting GI's word;or any RL player for that matter!!

Remember,GI was severely criticised for betraying his word given to the Broncos in 2010 just before he came to us.
Loyalty is not part of so-called "sport" these days;either by players or clubs.

If it suits Sths to off-load GI at their will they'll do it!! It's only business!!!!!
I think there is a bit more to the 2010 Greg Inglis-Brisbane Broncos backflip than meets the eye. From what I have heard and read, Greg Inglis made a handshake deal with Bruno Cullen that he would sign for the Broncos on the proviso that the club would get rid of Ivan Henjak as coach. The Broncos did not sack him and as a result, Inglis back out of his deal. Whether Inglis is right or wrong in his demands is another matter. However, I believe that if you change the terms of a deal that you shook on, then you have the right to back out. In any case, it was only a handshake deal; written contracts are not worth anything in this competition let alone 'handshake deals'.
Would you be loyal to your employer if you had a better offer somewhere else? The sooner people accept its just a job to these guys the better.
That's a very good point. A lot of people criticise players for not showing loyalty but the reality of life is that the majority of us would move jobs if another company/party offered us more money; NRL players are entitled to earn good money just as much as anyone else. This whole thing about player loyalty comes from a bygone era - pre 1990s - when there was very little money in league. The only way we are going to see 'loyalty' return is if we scrap the salary cap, which I am in favour of.

Woofy7

Juniors
So the nrl all stars team gets named tomorrow. Let's assume Sam's contract isn't registered.
Can the nrl name him as a player in that squad.???
Can the nrl not name him and miss out on a marketing dream???
If he's named is his contract finalised ???
I guess we need to watch this space tomorrow.

GGTSS

Juniors
Yeah I'd hate to see GI leave but where there's smoke there's fire so it's definitely a possibility.
I just don't see how it'd work at the Broncos. Is it worth bringing over a then 29 year old on huge money to play in the centres? Plus the talent they'd lose to bring him over would be huge.

I think GI is a freak player and I love watching him but I just don't think it makes sense for them to do it.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well to fit GI in at this time of year they would have to release 3 players at least, So absolutey Impossible, No chance at all, But 2017 Is a different story

Agree.

If GI left though before 2016 season begun I'd be extremely pissed off. We'd have no chance of winning the comp and no chance of making the top 4.

Rabbits20

Immortal
On the NRL forum BranVan has said Souths are yet to formalise any offer and requested an extension.

If true we could miss out on Roberts.

At this stage I have St George as favourites.

Rhyno

First Grade
On the NRL forum BranVan has said Souths are yet to formalise any offer and requested an extension.

If true we could miss out on Roberts.

At this stage I have St George as favourites .

At least we know dragons are no chance of signing him

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts