What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Race lines up NRL's quick men

McLovin

Staff member
What's the TAB saying about this race? Morris should blast everybody...

Timbo

Staff member
Dunno about the AFL and Soccer blokes, but Lachlan Turner for the Waratahs is f**king lightning. My coin would be on him.

D

Deleted member 10972

Dragons - Brett Morris
Tigers - Chris Lawrence
Panthers - Michael Jennings / Michael Gordon / Lachlan Coote (all speedsters)
Titans - Kevin Gordon or David Mead
Warriors - Kevin Locke
Roosters - Kane Linnett or Todd Carney
Raiders - not sure?
Manly - Brett Stewart
Rabbitohs - Fetuli Talanoa
Broncos - Jharal Yow Yeh or Israel Folau
Knights - Akuila Uate
Eels - Jarryd Hayne
Bulldogs - Josh Morris
Sharks - Isaac Gordon or Nathan Gardner
Cowboys - not sure?
Storm - Justin O'Neill or Greg Inglis

They should have one from every club, the way its panning out now is looking rubbish...

Serc

First Grade
Hayne suited, ready for 11 scary seconds

670978-jarryd-hayne.jpg

Primed ... Jarryd Hayne. Source: The Daily Telegraph

JARRYD Hayne is used to igniting the NRL come September - but never in just 11 seconds.

While his own grand final dreams are gone for this year, Hayne believes a customised Nike running suit - imported from the US and with a design inspired by Jamaican sprinter Asafa Powell - will see him set a new personal best in the blockbuster Gatorade Bolt at Sydney Olympic Park Athletic Centre on Wednesday night.

The Daily Telegraph understands the Parramatta superstar will also earn upwards of $20,000 for his brief appearance in the headline event of the Athletic Allstars meet, with several major corporations yesterday locked in a bidding war for suit sponsorship rights. First impressions? "Mate, uncomfortable," Hayne laughed when quizzed on a garment he couldn't get into without help of event organiser and Eels conditioner Hayden Knowles.

"But I'll definitely be used to it come Wednesday night. I reckon Greggy Inglis will be the man to beat, but who knows? It's pretty scary. Being out here now at the track, everyone looking at you struggling into a suit ... if I can get somewhere around 11 seconds, that should put me in the mix."

The Gatorade Bolt 100m sprint is being spruiked as the event to determine exactly who is the fastest footballer in Australia.

Race favourite Inglis is set to compete in a pair of customised Asics running spikes, which are said to be embroided with his name, Aboriginal flag and coloured Queensland Origin maroon, while Reebok is splurging on a sprint outfit for Wallaby Lachie Turner.

Canterbury duo Josh Morris and Ben Barba will also feature in the event, alongside Cronulla speedster Nathan Gardner and stars from both the AFL and A-League. Asked if beating Inglis would go some way to easing the Maroons' Origin dominance, Hayne laughed and said: "Oh, I dunno about that.

"But I'm really looking forward to running. People are always arguing about who the fastest player in the NRL is. Who would win a race between all the codes.

"And this event will go a long way to answering that. Plus, we get to meet Usain Bolt, which will be a huge buzz."
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...11-scary-seconds/story-e6frexnr-1225917669140

So...missing countless players (eg: Gordon, Uate) but at least a reasonable representation of NRL players...now there's definitely no Uate that puts me on the Hayne train :p toot toot!

D

Deleted member 10972

You really think clubs should release there players for this in the middle of the finals? Come on dude.

They are holding it at the wrong time. Should hold it a week after the grand final or something, as a fun sort of wind-down.

Special K

Coach
I don't get why the sharks aren't sending Gordon... Unless they want Gardner to pick up some extra cash for an appearance fee. Gardner can't win imo but Gordon surely could.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
Lachie Turner will take some beating imo.

I saw betting odds somewhere and I think he was 3$ to win, the favourite.

With Inglis and Hayne being second favourites but at 4$

I hear Turner has confirmed sub 11 speed when he was a school boy. Of course I can't find anything that confirms this, but I'm told by a friend he had track speed

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
It's a shame its just Australian players. There's a South African called Chavhanga who in his early days was 400m champ for Zimbabwe and could have run in the Olympics professionaly rather than Rugby. He's got a confirmed 10.4 over the 100. Rumoured 10.2.