What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Race lines up NRL's quick men

Sleep

Juniors
Turner has been trained as a sprinter previously and should go pretty well. The field as a whole is pretty ordinary though. Some of the biggest names mentioned earlier this year aren't running.

No Uate? :lol: And the timing sucks given guys like Lawrence and Gordon miss out.

Serc

First Grade
Yup...like I said in the other thread, hopefully the fact that they didn't get it right this year makes sure they do next year. And also hopefully there is great interest/ratings in it so we have a proper standalone NRL race next year!

hellteam

First Grade
I actually am pretty satisfied with the field they have got together for this. Sure, there would be some faster player in under 20's or at the fringe of first grade, but I want to see the stars. They've got Inglis and Hayne, two of the biggest names in rugby league, two lightning up and comers (Barba, Gardener), and Morris (an Origin player) who isn't exactly a slouch either.

Oh and some nobodies from rugby, soccer and AFL...

Danish

Referee
i've got no problems it being shared, but i would prefer it in the off season so all players could be a part of it

boxhead

First Grade
Jarryd Hayne's running in this race so we must have a story on it!! - http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...11-scary-seconds/story-e6frexnr-1225917669140

Why? Why do you bother? Why can't you accept he is a great player like Dugan and you should value your luck for having so many players of their calibre in our day and age?

On this....I dunno. I think Gardner is the fastest of them (IMO, haven't seen some of the others), but Inglis and Hayne are probably the fastest over a distance; they are the more natural 'athletes'.

macavity

Referee
I actually am pretty satisfied with the field they have got together for this. Sure, there would be some faster player in under 20's or at the fringe of first grade, but I want to see the stars.

Aku not enough of a star for you?

That is the biggest screw up here - they have left out a bona-fide excitement machine who is easily one of the top 4-5 fastest, possibly the fastest fullstop.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Will be a good sideshow and I will be interested in the result but it doesn't mean that much. Speed on the football field is a lot different than speed on a track. Appropriate that the afl player has a girls name.

broncos2011

No Uate? No Gordon (admittedly because of a little game of footy the GC have coming up). Surely they are the 2 fastest.

lifesgood

Juniors
The stupidest thing I have ever heard of.

If you want rugby leagues fastest player, you have the fastest from each club racing!

Latest posts