What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders stand down Goodwin and Carney over club claims

Not worth talking to Carney? :lol:

yeah that sounds like a sensible idea, lets not talk to someone who is at the heart of the allegations. :roll:

How the hell do you know how intoxicated he was? the fact is you dont. So perhaps you would do well to not sound like your an authority on the matter.

So if he was hammered and did do what has been reported, do you think he will admit it ????...not an authority just posing some what ifs ??...:roll:

Buckshot

Juniors
For $400,000 a year he should be held to a higher standard,when you take the money you take the resposibility of having a higher profile like it or not.

What sort of meathead goes out on the juice and pisses up and down someones leg high profile footballer or not?

You would think that with the dramas he has been in over the years and the grief he has put the club,supporters and fellow players through that somewhere in that booze addled brain a little voice may have said ''I probably shouldn't be doing this''

The NRL should deregister the cretin.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I think its worth noting too that higher profile players like Carney are representing the clubs they play for and the NRL brand and therefore tarnish those "products" with their inappropriate actions and are subject to punishment from the either party.

Its an unfortunate consequence of playing sport at a high level and one that all professional athletes of any age are well aware of.

Eels Dude

Coach
For $400,000 a year he should be held to a higher standard,when you take the money you take the resposibility of having a higher profile like it or not.

What sort of meathead goes out on the juice and pisses up and down someones leg high profile footballer or not?

You would think that with the dramas he has been in over the years and the grief he has put the club,supporters and fellow players through that somewhere in that booze addled brain a little voice may have said ''I probably shouldn't be doing this''

So they should have de-registered Anthony Laffranchi last year then?

So if he was hammered and did do what has been reported, do you think he will admit it ????...not an authority just posing some what ifs ??...:roll:

I know when i get pretty drunk i can recall everything that went on. And equally i have friends that have black outs and forget everyhting that happened on a big night on the p*ss.

Being a police investigation it would be pretty amazing not to talk the one of the people being investigated.

So it would be fair to say you have already tried him and convicted him without any first hand knowledge of what actually happened.

FFS people , get a grip and let the police investigation take its course.

Eels Dude

Coach

And if he didn't do it... isn't it his right to come out and deny it? How on earth can a fair and just outcome be reached if he isn't even allowed to give his version of events????

complete accident.

todd saw a plant in need of some water from the drought and was doing his best for the environment.

a silly idnividual got in the way......

Shorty

Staff member
And if he didn't do it... isn't it his right to come out and deny it? How on earth can a fair and just outcome be reached if he isn't even allowed to give his version of events????
Yeah - I mean if it was an accident,if someone hated the bloke enough that's all they'd need to say.
The damage has already significantly be done,obviously if it's true he'll be screwed but allegedly urinating on someone isn't a good look.

Raider_69

Post Whore
interesting turn of events... the fact it happened in the bathroom is a small twist... Was it accidential or intentional? I dont know and im gathering neither do any of you. I guess we'll all just have to wait to see what the investigation reveals, dare i say the answer to that question will decide carney's future.

If the investigation suggests it was intentional, i hope the club sack him and the league deregester him. If not, im happy for him to escape without further punishment, Todd Carney isnt the first bloke to have too many and accidently cop the bloke next to him in a trough. But we shall see

Kiki

First Grade
Boogie-Down Bronx was outside whooping 2 dudes asses at once like only a good Raider can do. While Toddy was inside shaking the excess pee-pee of his diddle, and a couple of drops probably landed on the guys leather jacket next to him. Kinda unrelated Kiki. It's gonna suck for Bronxy, but the Raiders management has to treat them like seperate cases this time around. What they did last year with Irwin was wrong, but they can get away with it this time. It all depends on exactly how much piss Todd got on the guy next to him, and how he was aiming. You can unintentionally piss in the wrong direction especially when you're drunk. Toddy might of come in contact with a hot chick, cracked a fat and then made his way to the urinal. And all guys know how difficult it can be to take a slash when you've got a boner. Your piss can split into 2 or more streams and go all over the place. Plus you gotta bend it down, and then there's the pressure. It's gonna hit that porcelain quite a bit harder and may splash up and fly everywhere. This is what could of happened to Toddy. Let's just wait until the facts come out before we judge him. ;-)

BAHAHA. but sir i had a boner!

maybe it wasnt a chick at all. maybe the guy next to him was a bit of alright. i like to think that was the case.

okay well if bronx was being an idiot then thats okay.

if NRL players ever learn lessons, they should learn to only piss in stalls from now on. i mean, i've never been accused of pissing on anyone. it works boys, try it!

Raider_69

Post Whore
Apparently local radio is reporting Bronx Goodwin will be summoned to face charges of assualt but no charges have been laid against Todd Carney. Will try to find a source for this

Source: ABC 666 and a press release from the club to be issued shortly.
The club will meet later in the week to decide Goodwin and Carney's fate.

Last edited:

Not saying he can't give his version but even if he did do what has been alleged then he will probably deny it to save his contract.

Eels Dude

Coach
Not saying he can't give his version but even if he did do what has been alleged then he will probably deny it to save his contract.

So if he tells his version of events, which could be the truth... we can't trust him because he may lying be saving his own face.

If we use that kind of logic I could ring the police and tell them you're stalking me... You'd obviously deny it, but we shouldn't trust your version of events because you could be lying.

Bloody Hell...