What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders stand down Goodwin and Carney over club claims

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Regardless of the outcome this will blow over in a couple of weeks like these alleged incidents always do.

I don't condone it but it always happens.

donkey|rope

Juniors
Jeez, there are sure to be a stack of strong witnesses to be found in a nightclub bathroom at 3 am in the morning. I am sure the cops will be vigorously pursuing this one :sarcasm:
to be fair, all bar nun isn't a nightclub. its a suburban pub. And while it does degenerate into a bit of a sleaze-fest on friday and saturday night but its very tame compared to other pubs and clubs in canberra.

eastsrule

Bench
Calling a woman (who obviously gave him her number) when he was drunk is a tad different to pissing on another person. Keep trying.

He called one of Minichello's friend's off Mini's phone.

I don't think they had actually met if I recall correctly.

bartman

Immortal
as silly as this sentence sounds - no way in hell should be sack carney for urinating on a member of the public. if we were going to do it, we should have done last year. is this behaviour weird and stupid - yes - but its not an act of physical violence. the only way this would be a sack-able offence if he did it to a woman.
How does it make a difference if the person who he's allegedy urinated on is a woman or a man? :?

Is pissing on a woman worse than pissing on a man? Isn't it the act of pissing on a person (drunkenly, recklessly, bringing the club into disrepute and more than likely breaching a behavioural contract) here that matters?

m0j0

Bench
the only way this would be a sack-able offence if he did it to a woman.

Unless, of course, it was purely an act of sexual gratification between two consenting adults. Perhaps he was just warming up for act "number 2" when he was rudely interupted by the complaining third party...

MSIH

Bench
How does it make a difference if the person who he's allegedy urinated on is a woman or a man? :?

Is pissing on a woman worse than pissing on a man? Isn't it the act of pissing on a person (drunkenly, recklessly, bringing the club into disrepute and more than likely breaching a behavioural contract) here that matters?

No. There are categories that result in differing punishments depending on the type of person "urinated on".

Man > Female > Child > Handicapped people > Sharks fans

m0j0

Bench
No. There are categories that result in differing punishments depending on the type of person "urinated on".

Man > Female > Child > Handicapped people > Sharks fans

Doesn't it go:

Man > Female > Child > Handcapped people > Animals > Handicapped Animals > Public Urinals > Sharks Fans?

(sorry, couldn't resist)

donkey|rope

Juniors

Its pretty obvious that urinating on a woman would automatically constitute a sexual assult charge.

And yes pissing on an unconsenting woman is worse than pissing on a man because the pandora's box of legal recourse open to a woman. That is unless ofcourse the man is gay - then its a hate crime.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Its pretty obvious that urinating on a woman would automatically constitute a sexual assult charge.

And yes pissing on an unconsenting woman is worse than pissing on a man because the pandora's box of legal recourse open to a woman. That is unless ofcourse the man is gay - then its a hate crime.

Huh?

We have a winner for the ill informed psuedo law.

Anyway, I suspect that Carney will get away with this. As has been said, there are not many credible witnesses in a mens room in the early hours of the morning.

But it's not the point, is it. The guy clearly can't hold his drink. He's clearly out of control.

And once again, he's just going to get slapped on the wrist. As a Canberra fan, I love what he does on the field, but he disgusts me off it.

Smartman

Juniors
Whos the other player that got sacked when Carney was given another chance.

Raiders did say he's on his last chance.

If allegations are true, then he should be sacked. Otherwise they're soft c**ks.

badav

Bench
Whos the other player that got sacked when Carney was given another chance.

Raiders did say he's on his last chance.

If allegations are true, then he should be sacked. Otherwise they're soft c**ks.

Raiders said he was on his last chance after he got caught doing burnouts while drunk in Goulburn (which was a while before the time he got into a cop chase and bailed)

sass

Juniors
I'm still confused.

You're being too too metaphorical. If you can explain statements I've made in regards to the comments you've made, and do so in quotes i've made, then i'll happily respond.

I'm still not sure what you're trying to say.. I dont mean to be offensive but you're writing posts like you're writing a university essay without explaining your point. Are you actually trying to prove a point or just sound smart for the sake of it?

I don't really know how to make that clearer to be honest. I'm definitely not trying to talk down to you ... but you raised the question of 'innocent until proven guilty' and the legal system so I answered it.

why don't we just leave it as I think this is totally reasonable behaviour from the club? it's the same thing they would do in almost all other professions, so I say go for it canberra.

After sitting back and reading the news reports again, how exactly is this going to be anymore than a case of word against word, that is of course if there is any truth to the report of it happening in a mens room.....

Pete Cash

Post Whore
If Carney isn't charged or convicted the Raiders are under no obligation to do anything more than they have. I mean should players be sacked over allegations???

If he is charged and convicted then I would suggest they offer him to an ESL club or something.

Smartman

Juniors
Raiders said he was on his last chance after he got caught doing burnouts while drunk in Goulburn (which was a while before the time he got into a cop chase and bailed)

This time they will say last chance for sure with a 3 year warranty.

Latest posts