What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders stand down Goodwin and Carney over club claims

perverse

Referee
surely this must be the last straw for carney. it's a shame, the bloke is an unbelievable talent.

shear_joy9

Coach
it might not be as bad as made out.
I know I've pissed on a few people in club toilets...
you've had a few drinks, you get a little nudge... whoa, sorry about your shirt mate.

cb4

First Grade
i sympathise with canberra fans but if we had a douche like him at the dragons i wouldnt want him wearing the red v and representing the club. winning isnt everything.

gasnier??

Shorty

Staff member
^Well to be in that sort of state is probably still not acceptable and he'd still be getting a reprimand as he has had a past full of booze abuse.

fool maybe, but todd carney is so much better than seymour

I disagree.

Carneys best is better than seymour, but Seymour is more consistant, a better defender and has been good this year and last. he also isnt a complete liability and moron.

you watch next year without the hand break. he will kill it.

Shorty

Staff member
fool maybe, but todd carney is so much better than seymour
Maybe but you've got a good little five-eight/halfback that has tried has *ss off for the club and no doubt can take credit for your team approaching the finals this year.
And unlike Carney,Seymour has learnt that acting like a fool does nothing but detriment your career,no matter how talented.

Kiki

First Grade
gasnier??

gasnier left a stupid voice mail on someones fone, he never sped drunk out of his mind or pissed on someone in a club.

dont get me wrong here, im always the one to stand up for players when they 'misbehave' but carney is a douche of epic proportions. hes in a whole other level.

Big Pete

Referee
Exactly right Shorty, Seymour did well to turn his career around following his demise at Brisbane.

Stupid thing for Carney to do and honestly I feel for all the Raiders fans who should've been celebrating their current teams form instead of being spat in the face by their best player.

All in all if Carney is caught out, I hope he gets de-registered from the NRL and is forced to play in the ESL.

Sleep

Juniors
It was you Gasnier called wasn't it Kiki! Dun dun dun!

But on a more serious note, this is terrible for the Raiders. They've looked really good the last two games and to have their biggest, highest profile player be in the media for all the wrong reasons again. It sucks.

Carney reminds me alot of Gower. When they're sober they're great guys who do alot of good things. But when they're on the drink it's like they're completely different people.

Kiki

First Grade
he should play ESL. he will fit right in in Northern England.

to me its not the actual urine thats the problem (altho it is gross), its more the attitude that causes someone to do something like that. like in what universe is it okay to whip out ur dick and piss on a stranger in a public place??

but as i said i really feel for the Raiders fans on this one. i think its awesome they have been playing so well lately. its a real shame carney has well...pissed on that.

Eels Dude

Coach
gasnier left a stupid voice mail on someones fone, he never sped drunk out of his mind or pissed on someone in a club.

dont get me wrong here, im always the one to stand up for players when they 'misbehave' but carney is a douche of epic proportions. hes in a whole other level.

Gasnier left a sexually offensive voicemail message to a complete stranger. I think that should be considered to be a level above 'stupid'. Carney's proven offences may have been more physically dangerous but I think deliberately abusing people is no worse in intention.

Kiki

First Grade
you cant tell me that drunk driving is less responsible than leaving a stupid voice mail?? PLEASE. drink driving is a disgusting act that kills people and i have no sympathy for people who do it.

if carney really cleaned up his act after that i would respect him, but he obviously hasnt.

sleep - bahaha no no. i just mean i dont think its that big of a big deal. maybe im coz ive always been one of the boys im used to guys being idiots like that, it doesnt offend me.

joey007

Juniors
If proven true Canberra should slap a massive fine on him and drop him to the reggies for the remainder of his contract. That way he wont be able to go to another club and his contract fee will be reduced by the fine.

Not sure how legal this would be though..

I like this idea. No matter wat happens, i hate it when one club punishes/punts a player only to have another team cruise in & benefit from it.
Though if this claim is true surely Carney has had ample chances & he has pissed on all em (maybe literally) He shouldnt even play reggies.