What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rape allegation

ibeme

First Grade
El Diablo said:
one would think they'd have to prove whomever gave her the drug too

Also, I don't know what the situation would be if anyone who was accused claimed that they were not aware that she was under the influence of drugs. I have no idea what the law is in that situation.

borat

Bench
ibeme said:
Also, I don't know what the situation would be if anyone who was accused claimed that they were not aware that she was under the influence of drugs. I have no idea what the law is in that situation.

IMO hypothetically if there are witnesses to say that she was carried out of the pub or half-comatose I would reckon thats all they would need. Come-on you know when someone is out of it.

brooksy19

Bench
6pm news should be interesting.. just what we needed this time of year ( i realise the girl is more important then the games image though)

[furrycat]

Coach
El Diablo said:
if she was drugged there may be no signs of forced penetration though.

Bruising etc can still occur but it can appear to be as a result of consensual sex. The difference is the rape can be very easily proven through determining as to whether or not the woman ingested a date rape drug.

Whatever happened the police will find out

ibeme

First Grade
borat said:
IMO hypothetically if there are witnesses to say that she was carried out of the pub or half-comatose I would reckon thats all they would need. Come-on you know when someone is out of it.

I've got no idea how someone behaves if they're drugged, in terms of whether they pass out or what.

northwest9

Juniors
can the mod who deleted my post please pm me to explain.

i didnt think stating that nrl player or not, a rapist should be punished was to harsh a statement????

Leagueguy

Juniors
"We have been made aware of an allegation that a woman may have been sexually assaulted early Monday morning at a place where both Wests Tigers players and others were present.

"We are not aware at this stage of any specific allegation against a Wests Tigers player and the Club is very keen to work with the police to establish what may or may not have taken place.''

Thats from Noyce. I'm having trouble making sense of it.

borat

Bench
El Diablo said:
like i said, wouldn't you have to prove who gave it to her?

But Why? I am saying its an offense to

a) Give someone unknowingly a date rape drug
b) have intercourse without consent, ie, take advantage of someone who is either passed out or close to it.

a & b don't have to be the same person

[furrycat]

Coach
El Diablo said:
like i said, wouldn't you have to prove who gave it to her?

Giving someone a prohibited date rape agent is a crime in itself. It does not need to be proved that a person who has committed the sexual assault actually gave the victim the drug.

El Diablo

Post Whore
ibeme said:
I've got no idea how someone behaves if they're drugged, in terms of whether they pass out or what.

i had rohypnol when i had a gastroscopy. i can't remember the procedure but was apparently concious at the time as you have to be able to swallow.

borat

Bench
ibeme said:

You mightn't but I am sure there a string of experts who would testify what the effects are. There was some high profile casses recently in sydney with convictions.

borat

Bench
El Diablo said:
i had rohypnol when i had a gastroscopy. i can't remember the procedure but was apparently concious at the time as you have to be able to swallow.

Really!!! There you go, scary stuff. I can see why it the drug of choice for these scum.

JW

Coach
Here we go, lead story on Ten news and Seven Arvo news.

Even if it's all BS, the mud has been thrown and shall stick well.

El Diablo

Post Whore
[furrycat] said:
Giving someone a prohibited date rape agent is a crime in itself. It does not need to be proved that a person who has committed the sexual assault actually gave the victim the drug.

so if you hit on a chick and someone had spiked her drink then you can get ito sh*t?

doesn't make sense to me