What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rationalisation of Sydney

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
No other area in the NRL rates higher or attracts more sponsorship dollars than Sydney

The more matches we can provide the better, And in the 5 major cities is better still.

Sky might be paying us $20m a year but 9/Fox pay us $360m a year.

Any expansion is not dependant on gate takings nor the popularity of a club!

Incorrect, Brisbane is the highest rating club in the NRL.

Sky pay $20m largely because of one club's existence. The $360m that Fox pay is to show games of all 16 clubs throughout the season, big difference.

Your third point is correct, expansion most likely will be determined by financial viability first and then by strategic team placings second. If the NRL slate was wiped clean today and everyone had to prove themsleves based on these categories, there would be some Sydney clubs in strife - the Gold Coast possibly would be too to be fair.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Nonsense. Thought you had improved your understanding of what makes the NRL tick! The clubs you boast of would be nothing *repeat NOTHING " without the Sydney clubs in place! I'm amazed you still don't get it! The Sydney clubs are why this competition is so well known and respected. The rest followed!

I know that you feel that way but you are incorrect. We've been through this in another thread and all of your theories were debunked with facts.

Stallion

First Grade
I know that you feel that way but you are incorrect. We've been through this in another thread and all of your theories were debunked with facts.

? What a load of rubbish. You are delusional. Debunked!? Incredible ignorance and lack of intelligence . You are not all there with respects to respecting established clubs.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
? What a load of rubbish. You are delusional. Debunked!? Incredible ignorance and lack of intelligence . You are not all there with respects to respecting established clubs.

Ok Stallion - I'll wait for your reply in the other thread. I've noticed that when you get proven wrong with facts you just stop replying.

Stallion

First Grade
Ok Stallion - I'll wait for your reply in the other thread. I've noticed that when you get proven wrong with facts you just stop replying.

Nope. You incessantly ignore the main point that these Sydney clubs you deride are the essence of this competition. You have been answered repeatedly on that thread and you still can't work it out. To the point that you come up with absolute dribble veiled as fact that continues your crucial mistake. The lack of seeing the importance and significance of the core of this competition;:The Sydney based clubs! I answered your dribble repeatedly. I don't like going over the same information on a constant basis. Your "mein kemph" on figures was total gibberish as you still haven't shown any understanding of how important the fabric of the NRL (Sydney’s clubs) are!

Last edited:

tri_colours

Juniors

Sky pay $20m largely because of one club's existence. The $360m that Fox pay is to show games of all 16 clubs throughout the season, big difference.

Your third point is correct, expansion most likely will be determined by financial viability first and then by strategic team placings second. If the NRL slate was wiped clean today and everyone had to prove themsleves based on these categories, there would be some Sydney clubs in strife - the Gold Coast possibly would be too to be fair.

Stallion

First Grade

An example of dribble! Has the writer of this gibberish ever wondered why the Broncos are the highest rating club on Tv (problematic as to performance ). The Brisbane Broncos has commanded a monopoly of a whole city of over 2 million! If that club can't harness such support then their is no hope for others, especially in a deemed rugbyleague playing area.

Last edited:

tri_colours

Juniors

As Are points 1 and 2.

The Broncos may be the highest rating team but that not what I said. Sydney is he NRL's highest rating area. Meaning Sydney attract more ratings - more viewers .

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
As Are points 1 and 2.

The Broncos may be the highest rating team but that not what I said. Sydney is he NRL's highest rating area. Meaning Sydney attract more ratings - more viewers .

Are we talking accumulative? Of course nine clubs will accumulatively rate higher than one. That is not a big achievement.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
An example of dribble! Has the writer of this gibberish ever wondered why the Broncos are the highest rating club on Tv (problematic as to performance ). The Brisbane Broncos has commanded a monopoly of a whole city of over 2 million! If that club can't harness such support then their is no hope for others, especially in a deemed rugbyleague playing area.

At least have the guts to quote me - or are you getting sick of being owned?

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Nope. You incessantly ignore the main point that these Sydney clubs you deride are the essence of this competition. You have been answered repeatedly on that thread and you still can't work it out. To the point that you come up with absolute dribble veiled as fact that continues your crucial mistake. The lack of seeing the importance and significance of the core of this competition;:The Sydney based clubs! I answered your dribble repeatedly. I don't like going over the same information on a constant basis. Your "mein kemph" on figures was total gibberish as you still haven't shown any understanding of how important the fabric of the NRL (Sydney’s clubs) are!

You haven't answered a thing - every reply is pretty much a copy and paste of the above. Your theories were defeated with facts in the 'Peter Beattie NRL 360 - Expansion' thread to the point where you stopped replying because you had no answer.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
? That's still counts to the tv company! Wow.Numbers and figures still being wrongly used!

Of course it counts to the TV companies but you see, only two of these Sydney clubs can play in any single match / timeslot - that is why the comparison is unfair.

Do you ever wonder why the Broncs play in prime-time just about every Friday night? Because they rate much higher than any individual club.

Stallion

First Grade
You haven't answered a thing - every reply is pretty much a copy and paste of the above. Your theories were defeated with facts in the 'Peter Beattie NRL 360 - Expansion' thread to the point where you stopped replying because you had no answer.

Absolutely answered everything your gibberish has come up with. You just don't like the answers! Such a time consuming fool you have proven to be!

Stallion

First Grade
Of course it counts to the TV companies but you see, only two of these Sydney clubs can play in any single match / timeslot - that is why the comparison is unfair.

Do you ever wonder why the Broncs play in prime-time just about every Friday night? Because they rate much higher than any individual club.

OMG. Even you have conceded that another club in Brisbane is a must do! That's why they get Primetime most weeks! The Sydney clubs you so despicably deride are why clubs like Brisbane and elsewhere are in the competition! You actually don't understand that the general public understand this. It's clear you don't but they are not people with eyes and ears painted on. They are immersed in a local sports culture that respects and values tradition,history, longevity and local rivalries. YOU DON'T!

tri_colours

Juniors
Are we talking accumulative? Of course nine clubs will accumulatively rate higher than one. That is not a big achievement.

No great achievement, however it gives the networks more advertising opportunities in Australia's largest market . And if we got rid of some of these teams it would give
the networks less advertising opportunities.

I notice the Broncos didn't fare that well here.

Broncos v St George (Syd) 244k (Bris) 208k

Broncos v West (Syd) 194k (Bris) 202k

Broncos v Souths (Syd) 237k (Bris) 193k

Broncos v C’Bury (Syd) 207k (bris) 188k

Broncos v Parra (Syd) 193K (Bris) 194k

Broncos v sharks (Syd)215 (Bris) 204k

Broncos v East (Syd)151k (Bris)141k

Broncos v Penrith ?????????????????

Broncos v Manly (Syd) 171k (Bris) 151k

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Absolutely answered everything your gibberish has come up with. You just don't like the answers! Such a time consuming fool you have proven to be!

By gibberish do you mean stats and facts? And by answered do you mean fantisised?

Is this a bit like how I told you that the game is better attended both on avarage and aggregate now than it was pre-SL war and gave you stats and you stopped replying because you knew you were wrong? Is that the kind of gibberish you mean?

lol