What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 21 v Bulldogs

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Its clear gimmie they don't have the pack to go with us

IF Penrith happen to loose. I'm sure you'll first on this forum kicking up a stink.

I've learnt some things after watching the game closely for 50+ years. No game is a gimmee.

Penrith will have to work for the win.

I can recall just last week, discussing 'sweeping statements....' this is a good example of one.

IF Penrith happen to loose. I'm sure you'll first on this forum kicking up a stink.

I've learnt some things after watching the game closely for 50+ years. No game is a gimmee.

Penrith will have to work for the win.

I can recall just last week, discussing 'sweeping statements....' this is a good example of one.
If my memory serves me correctly, @Chins get the wins, said the same thing about the West Tigers game, and we know what happened there

Clichè below but after watching the Broncos Souths game where those sides fumbled and penalised themselves to 63% vs. 58% completion rates by half time and before that, watching the Warriors Raiders game where Raiders almost snuck in the back door with a victory from no where.

I think the big focus for Panthers needs to be high completion, low errors, good discipline and continuing to back their impressive defensive structures. Hopefully they play their game and don’t go in thinking it’s an easy game vs Dogs or I can see Penrith being pushed needlessly like Dragons did a month back, Dolphins did last week or beaten like Tigers did to them early in the season.

If they control their game - do what they do well and keep it simple then Panthers will win comfortably. It shouldn’t be about points in attack rather keeping Dogs to absolute minimal - preferably 0 against. The headlines and media have Penrith winning by a thousand - I wouldn’t be reading into that. Ciraldo will have the Dogs up for this game but it’s a case of how long they can maintain it.

Penrith to suffocate the oxygen out of Dogs attack via defence and come home strong in the back of the game. Keeping it simple is the best statement Panthers can make.

Hooked

Juniors
An interesting thing about our completions is when we are down, or parity with the opposition. We most of the time. Lose.
Apart from the Brisbane game, which is an outliner. Us 78% to their 76%

We lost.
Souths 85% to us 82%
Parra did an insane 95% to our 85%
Tigers 90% in the rain to our 78%
Cowboys 84% to our 80%

The game we stole against the Knights was very low. Us 73% to their 67%

We got away with below-average completions against the Dolphins. Their 81% to our 76%

I could make excuses for a few losses. With a dumb penalty given away at a crucial moment, or a player going off injured late in the game. creating a weakness that was exploited. Or a brain explosion.

We lead the comp with completions. 82 is our season average. Anything above that is gold.
4 of our 5 losses teams had to not only exceed their season average but rise above our average benchmark.

Kilkenny

Coach
No Kikau which is a bit of a shame. No JAC either which is not surprising given he had minor hamstring issue from SOO.

maple_69

Bench
We’ve lost 15 games in the past 4 years. They consist of 4 to Parra, 3 to Storm and 2 to Bunnies, the best of the rest so far this decade. The other 6 include 2 to the Cows resting half/all of our side and 1 to each of the Sharks and Tigers in an Origin week. The final 2 are this year, 1 to the Broncs in R1 and 1 to the Tigers in a monsoon.

No one likes a cocky fan base but this side at close to full strength doesn’t drop these games. I certainly don’t expect an easy game or a flogging. Definitely think games against the Titans/Manly/Sharks are more likely to be blow outs, their defence is putrid and we’re more likely to hit 3rd gear against those sides, if not 4th or 5th.

Girds89

Bench
Real shame salmon isnt playing..

I get its to give him probs 80mins in nsw cup to get mins in the legs but garner is avg... and likely to get 20mins..

Id much rather see what mav or riki have for a 20 min stint tbh.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

I get its to give him probs 80mins in nsw cup to get mins in the legs but garner is avg... and likely to get 20mins..

Is Zac Hoskings injured or is he being rested.

Chins get the wins

First Grade

Probably too late in the season now. Especially for someone as conservative as Ivan

Kilkenny

Coach

You have to earn a spot based on strong NSW cup form. Riki has barely played and Mav sadly has been a little underwhelming.

I‘m not a huge Garner fan but time to give him some decent minutes.