What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 25 v Gold Coast

Girds89

Bench
I agree with Henry.

I have him in the needing a big pre season category. He is signed for 4 years, So the club must have a plan for him.

That is why I see him starting due to lack of impact

Who does he start over??

I think next year ivan will run with fish and smith starting and leota off the bench...

Its a huge huge jump to say he starts over smith or moses...

The club probs does have a plan... but a 4 year signing at minimum wage doesn't lock him into fg...

Its a low risk signing that benefits us... if he kicks on than its a win.. if not we offload him and its no real lose.

Girds89

Bench
The club should move hell on earth to get tyrell may to penrith...

He can be a genuine fg star.. hes strong, reliable and has impact... he can play long mins but in a 25min stint he is all class...

Hes taken a bit of time to get to nrl but hes a real goer..

If we can do anything to get him we should..

Iamback

Coach
Who does he start over??

I think next year ivan will run with fish and smith starting and leota off the bench...

Its a huge huge jump to say he starts over smith or moses...

The club probs does have a plan... but a 4 year signing at minimum wage doesn't lock him into fg...

Its a low risk signing that benefits us... if he kicks on than its a win.. if not we offload him and its no real lose.

I like what Smith offers off the bench. Throw in he can play long minutes too. If it is him or Henry on the bench. I am going him.

Hopefully 4-5 guys really look good over the off season and we have options.

Well we don't know it is minimum, I doubt it is for that length and it is unlike what we have done with rookies

Chins get the wins

First Grade
The club should move hell on earth to get tyrell may to penrith...

He can be a genuine fg star.. hes strong, reliable and has impact... he can play long mins but in a 25min stint he is all class...

Hes taken a bit of time to get to nrl but hes a real goer..

If we can do anything to get him we should..
Hell and earth? Nah

Girds89

Bench
Hell and earth? Nah
98.7% tackle efficiency in a avg chooks team...

Averages huge meters per minute...

Is their best offloader per minute...

Has best tackle breaks per minute for a forward for them...

Hes a deadset star..

I know you dislike the mays but he would be perfect for us.

If we could get him and burns to penrith on 3 year deals we are deadset set...

Theres some people that are worth throwing a bit of cash at..

Tyrell is one of them..

Imo if thw chooks are giving him 200... and we could get him here for 250 or 270... itll pay for itself...

He just needs a solid run in a good team...

I think hed become our spencer if we got him..

So yes the club should do everything they can to get him here...

Ivan has a great relationship with the mays...

Make it happen i say.

Blues Riff

Bench
Anyone think its a coincidence hopper has us every week on the sideline...........

He hates us...

Also... not a single mention of our game tonight on fox sports page.... as of 10.15pm

Unless u count there injury article solely on campbell...

Articles from the storm game...

From stuff 3 days ago... nothing on us
I hope they put the boiled egg on the side-line for the next two home games. We should get a chant going whenever he chimes in.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
98.7% tackle efficiency in a avg chooks team...

Averages huge meters per minute...

Is their best offloader per minute...

Has best tackle breaks per minute for a forward for them...

Hes a deadset star..

I know you dislike the mays but he would be perfect for us.

If we could get him and burns to penrith on 3 year deals we are deadset set...

Theres some people that are worth throwing a bit of cash at..

Tyrell is one of them..

Imo if thw chooks are giving him 200... and we could get him here for 250 or 270... itll pay for itself...

He just needs a solid run in a good team...

I think hed become our spencer if we got him..

So yes the club should do everything they can to get him here...

Ivan has a great relationship with the mays...

Make it happen i say.
Burns has feet for hands ( I would take a punt on him at the right price)

May? Maybe but other will pay more

Girds89

Bench
I hope they put the boiled egg on the side-line for the next two home games. We should get a chant going whenever he chimes in.

I maintain my stance that hooper is the biggest fwit in the nrl media community...

The bloke deadset has no idea and tries to stay relevant and keep his job my just printing click bait...

He does zero actual reaserch...

I hope we get to the gf and luai wins the clive amd pins it to his effing chest the flog

Girds89

Bench
Burns has feet for hands ( I would take a punt on him at the right price)

May? Maybe but other will pay more

You mustnt have watched him this year...

Been great...

I can see last his issues... you have to look at the positives...

With a decent coach in our system he could be our next capewell imo

Very similar style... but he has a yard or too on kurt..

May would come to us for less to be with his bro and his a panthers man..

maple_69

Bench
Smith looked exactly the same last year, a guy who was a genuine worker who wasn’t well suited to an impact bench role. He came through and has found ways to impact the game with his insane hustle. Time will tell if Henry can adapt his game to what it needs to be for a few years before he earns a starting role but he definitely has pedigree.

Damn it’s a shame Critta is going to the Dogs. He’s really gone to another level this year and become a truly elite, classical centre. His legs tackles are a thing of beauty. I really don’t want to see his career trashed.

Fangs

Coach
I agree with Girds.

Tyrell is as close to Leinu as we can get. Especially now that TPJ is now in the ring.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
You mustnt have watched him this year...

Been great...

I can see last his issues... you have to look at the positives...

With a decent coach in our system he could be our next capewell imo

Very similar style... but he has a yard or too on kurt..

May would come to us for less to be with his bro and his a panthers man..
Watch every game. Have a very good mate who's a Merge fan and told told what to expect from Billy. Has been spot on. Amazing moments then simple brain-dead drops

Girds89

Bench
Smith looked exactly the same last year, a guy who was a genuine worker who wasn’t well suited to an impact bench role. He came through and has found ways to impact the game with his insane hustle. Time will tell if Henry can adapt his game to what it needs to be for a few years before he earns a starting role but he definitely has pedigree.

Damn it’s a shame Critta is going to the Dogs. He’s really gone to another level this year and become a truly elite, classical centre. His legs tackles are a thing of beauty. I really don’t want to see his career trashed.

An elite defender.... and a guy who can come uo with a superb clutch play..

Cant ever see him getting to a manu level or the point where he can influence a big game at origin level like say latrell can...

Yes i know he scored an intercept to win us the gf haha...

But i just dont think hes a absolute star...

Hes a top class centre and ill be sad to see him leave.. but for the money the dogs paid i think we can cover him...

Imo tago is better... ive held that opinion for a few years and have said as much on here...

Tago is a deadset superstar and that was obvious watching him in cup..

Seeing him burn gagai last year and i knew he was destined to be a top centre in the game..

Yeah it sucks to lose critta but if i had to pick one out of them i know who id choose everyday and thats not a knack on critta

Chins get the wins

First Grade
An elite defender.... and a guy who can come uo with a superb clutch play..

Cant ever see him getting to a manu level or the point where he can influence a big game at origin level like say latrell can...

Yes i know he scored an intercept to win us the gf haha...

But i just dont think hes a absolute star...

Hes a top class centre and ill be sad to see him leave.. but for the money the dogs paid i think we can cover him...

Imo tago is better... ive held that opinion for a few years and have said as much on here...

Tago is a deadset superstar and that was obvious watching him in cup..

Seeing him burn gagai last year and i knew he was destined to be a top centre in the game..

Yeah it sucks to lose critta but if i had to pick one out of them i know who id choose everyday and thats not a knack on critta
Only Critter's ability to shuffle around the backline makes it close

Girds89

Bench
Watch every game. Have a very good mate who's a Merge fan and told told what to expect from Billy. Has been spot on. Amazing moments then simple brain-dead drops

Yep... no doubt...

But its the amazing stuff you need to see..

Ivan can get the brain dead stuff out... look what hes done with soro and eiso and hosking....

Those blokes half his talent..

Look at tago... you yourself were soo shitty when he went through that 6-8 game period where he just kept making mistake after mistake... soo many errors..

Ivan got it out of his game... now look at him.. arguably before his injury he was the best back in the game...

Silly mistakes and errors can be fixed..

quality is something some players just have and he has that..

He just needs to get the errors out and i think ivan can sort that easily imo

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Yep... no doubt...

But its the amazing stuff you need to see..

Ivan can get the brain dead stuff out... look what hes done with soro and eiso and hosking....

Those blokes half his talent..

Look at tago... you yourself were soo shitty when he went through that 6-8 game period where he just kept making mistake after mistake... soo many errors..

Ivan got it out of his game... now look at him.. arguably before his injury he was the best back in the game...

Silly mistakes and errors can be fixed..

quality is something some players just have and he has that..

He just needs to get the errors out and i think ivan can sort that easily imo
Hands aren't poor decisions. Not saying it can't be or shouldn't be done though at the right price

Girds89

Bench
And the Hooper/Ivan pre-game interview. You could feel how awkward it was through the TV screen. Very frosty.

We shouldnt do anything for him...

Deadset .. if the club has to pay 50k in fines for not talking to him so be it...

He has choosen a personal vendetta against one of our stars...

Someone who to my knowledge doesn't drink or if so barley... never been in trouble of thw field...does absolute shitload for the community...

Yet flooper labels a measily high shot on Nelson a "dog shot".....

Yet jwh and players like him do it amd its just "tough"

The club needs to put a media man on him... regardless of the cost..

Hooper thinks its ok to keep his own career propped with absolute dribble bs journalism including personal vandettas against pur guys than goodluck to him...

But he deserves nothing from us