What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 25 v Gold Coast

Chins get the wins

First Grade
They have all the makings of a really great team atm.

The challenge will be how they handle losing blokes to salary cap pressure.

We have seen how badly the salry cap has made us constantly change our team.

Can they handle that? Im not sure. Havent really followed qld cup at all so no idea how their pathway teams are going atm.

No doubt they will lock down walsh and ezra.

Through in haas and carrigan, staggs and they have a solid base.

But they are already losing farnworth and flegler so massive losses their as they have been two of their best. Farnworth in particular offers a lot of x factor.

We have seen we have been able to replace guys... not only replace them but in some ways we have bought in better players..

For example tago is better than momorovski and burton..

Turuva/tiny are better than mansour was at the end for us. Staines had a solid gf last year too..

Sorenson imo come on better than tetevano and has done a solid job replacing kiks.. not better than kiks but man hes had a crack..

Lenui filled the whole tamou left and killed it.

Can the broncs do that? The hardest part about being succesful is staying there..

Weve seen the eels this year most likely miss the 8 after the gf last year.

Souths are 50/50 to make the 8 after being a top team the last few years...

Its incredible how good the club is going.

Without watching brissies junior teams and qld cup its hard to tell where they are at as a club..

have they just got an awesome bunch of blokes this year and its clicked... or have they got the pathways right and they are going to be able to replace the fleglers and farnworths with new kids who will be as good or better like our blokes have been...

Time will tell..

But this year they are as good a chance to win the comp as us imo. Theres not much between us
They have a long history of basically openly rorting the cap. It's amazing how they got a spoon

Kilkenny

Coach
Once Andrew Gee left and they stopped the extra payments then the club fell away
That was a blight on the NRL. He declined to co-operate with the NRL investigation into the clubs finances after resigning as their football operations manager as a result of financial irregularities. It just seemed the whole situation died a death, or perhaps the NRL, we’re happy to see it just go away. It was definitely unsavoury at best.

Iamback

Coach
That was a blight on the NRL. He declined to co-operate with the NRL investigation into the clubs finances after resigning as their football operations manager as a result of financial irregularities. It just seemed the whole situation died a death, or perhaps the NRL, we’re happy to see it just go away. It was definitely unsavoury at best.

no doubt Broncos have paid him well to keep doing so

Kilkenny

Coach
no doubt Broncos have paid him well to keep doing so
Sorry situation. I understand the amount of the TV rights deal is very much driven by the Broncos but for the overall integrity of the game there still needs to be accountability.

If both sides meet at some point during the finals and Both play their best it would be a toss the coin. Could go either way. They have been the best two sides this season so probably fitting we meet in the GF. I hope we
both win week 1 and avoid a potential meeting in week three.
I disagree it would be a coin toss. What that underestimates is how effective the Penrith game plan is at impacting the ability of the opposition to play their best game.

Iamback

Coach
I disagree it would be a coin toss. What that underestimates is how effective the Penrith game plan is at impacting the ability of the opposition to play their best game.

This is what people are overlooking.

guys like Leota go into beast mode in big games

Cleary puts it where he wants it to go.

Very hard to score when you are bringing the ball off your own line

Girds89

Bench
This is what people are overlooking.

guys like Leota go into beast mode in big games

Cleary puts it where he wants it to go.

Very hard to score when you are bringing the ball off your own line

I think youre missing that Reynolds kicking game is as good as nathans.

Id argue hes way more consistent... nath probs has the 12/10 kicking game and blows the opposite 7 out of the water but reynolds is a near 10 every week..

Throw in the fact that both walsh and mam can kick and they have plenty of options.

No one doubts we go up a leg in finals... i just think the broncs can too...

Walsh was the best player for qld this series even missing the last game... he was unstoppable.

Haas and carrigan can go to another level...

We have a few gears to go up... so do they i think

Goonji

Juniors
it may come down to coaching. Walters has plenty of finals experience as a player but not so much as a coach. Ivans' expereience is there for all to see. Can Walters keep his nerve if/when he has to go to Plan B? Time will tell.