What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 25 v Gold Coast

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Titans had a dig and completed at the highest level I'd say any side has this year.
Score was 40-14 away from home. What do fans expect?

Precisely. Obviously some niggling injury issues with Tago, Scotty, Kenny and To'o.

If these are all back for the last round that will help heaps.

It's impossible for a team to be at 100% week in week out.

It was a good tough win.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
One thing i guess is the titans threw caution to the wind... they offloaded every chance they could and still completed at 97%...

They played the perfect game and still werent close..

I still think we are playing at 70% at best atm.... winning to which is great...

But the broncs are firing on all cylinders..

I kinda dont think ivan would be to disappointed tbh...

I think ivan might be smashing the boys a bit at training knowing they are gunna get a week off in the next few weeks...

I mean the last two weeks weve been real slow out of the blocks and looked flat and tired...

I think maybe ivan is thinking ill hammer them with fitness all week and see how they go... win or loss we 95% have top 2 locked up and a home semi...

Will likely rest them in rd27 and get them firing on all cylinders..

Ivan 5 or 6 years ago id say he has no idea... ivan 2023 i think is playing the long game and has a plan...

Get the boys winning games already tired and fatigued to get them prepared... week off in 27 and come out fresh from a rest a boom...

You get the feeling also that we are leaving plenty of trick plays up our sleeve... i mean weve seen no special scrum plays or any real tactical moves... just our stock standard plays...

I think ivan is leaving plenty of tricks in the hat for the finals

I would say your correct about the hammering at training. Ivan is yet to do the taper that will happen near or after last round.

Party tricks have been locked away. Soni Luke has looked real good last 2 weeks. Getting longer minutes too.

Girds89

Bench
Anyone think its a coincidence hopper has us every week on the sideline...........

He hates us...

Also... not a single mention of our game tonight on fox sports page.... as of 10.15pm

Unless u count there injury article solely on campbell...

Articles from the storm game...

From stuff 3 days ago... nothing on us

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Your full of shit mate.

You talk someone up in Jenkins only to carve them up.

Again I’m far from grumpy, thought it was another solid performance and everyone did there job.

You do what you do, most see thru it, just bullshit.
All I said in Jenkins was I wanted to next back up to play in the backs. It's how a club should work.
Seems like it's that time of the month for you. You have massive mood swings on here mate

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I would say your correct about the hammering at training. Ivan is yet to do the taper that will happen near or after last round.

Party tricks have been locked away. Soni Luke has looked real good last 2 weeks. Getting longer minutes too.
We went for pleanty of silly party tricks in the first 20. Just trying a few things out

Kilkenny

Coach
All I said in Jenkins was I wanted to next back up to play in the backs. It's how a club should work.
Seems like it's that time of the month for you. You have massive mood swings on here mate
Rubbish. I just don’t subscribe to the hypocrisy .

By all means you can try and somehow justify the rubbish you put out but you and I are so not alike.

Girds89

Bench

Its just a feeling i have...

My thoughts...

Weve come out real slow the last 2 weeks... looking fatigued from the get go...

I think ivan may have been hammering them knowing we have 1 or 2 locked up...

I also feel like hed think a loss and coming 2nd ismt the end of the world... hed probs rsther play the warriors in week 1 than the storm...

So i reckon the thought plan is... i will smash them at training... hold off on all the trick plays...

If we win... we win... if we come first and get the storm so be it... but we will get a rest and be ready with everything come week 1 of the finals...

I havent listened to the presser but im tipping hed have acted underwhelmed...

In reality i think it might be all going to plan...

Hes not the coach he was 10 years ago... hes not even the ciach he was 2 years ago...

He is very smart in terms of what he says and gives away...

All part of the bigger plan atm..

We won tonight and we didnt throw anything at the titans new... just stock standard us...

Most teams this time kf the year are trying to find their best form... getting scrum plays and backline plays right... working magic..

I think ivan is trying to time us perfectly

Girds89

Bench
He has only done the one pre-season though.

His technique and running style will improve

He wont get bigger tho... he is as big as he will get... hes to small and lanky for the middle..

He doesnt have a good offload and no ball playing..

Hes an out an out edge mate.. no chance he gets moved to prop and hes not getting any minutes at lock...

Iamback

Coach
He wont get bigger tho... he is as big as he will get... hes to small and lanky for the middle..

He doesnt have a good offload and no ball playing..

Hes an out an out edge mate.. no chance he gets moved to prop and hes not getting any minutes at lock...

I didn't say he'd get bigger just know where to tackle more.

Who covers Spencer then? Particularly outside of the 17?

We need to get a couple of guys that can play both edge and middle, Given our cap situation