What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd12: EELS v Rabbits GAME DAY THREAD @ Allianz Stadium 19/5/23

84 Baby

Referee
I remember a few attacked me on here for saying Fatrell isn’t a fullbacks arsehole. Last night showed yet again he is far too lazy for fullback.
I was there when people were laughing at you!
I’ve watched both coverages and it’s hilarious the gymnastics they had to do to talk him up.
Here’s the moments I can remember of him:
The ball strip
Linking with Choady for their 2nd
Being tough guy on Russell when he got tackled into touch
Pushing Arrow out of dummy half to pass to Choady for a nothing burger play in our 20
Running into dummy half in 79th minute so he could do nothing chip
The short dropouts that Slater said he rarely gets wrong
Running into Junior and collapsing in exhaustion on Simonssons 2nd try

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
blinking trailer park boys GIF

This is how I picture pou.
This is you when the players walk around thanking the fans after a win:

parramatta-fans_1gt48woc2jh491xsmxwu8047f7.jpg

Suitman

Post Whore
Well, I had a TIA (mini-stroke) at work on Thusday afternoon. Ended up in hospital. Still here. Pondering the future, etc. But watched that game last night, and it really cheered me up. What a f#cking amazing performance! One of the best Eels wins I've ever seen. I really thought Souths would put 50 on us. So proud of that team. The bloke in the bed next to me was a Souths supporter, too. Lol.

Sorry to hear that @lingard
Hope you're ok. Good luck champ with your recovery and the future you are pondering.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well, I had a TIA (mini-stroke) at work on Thusday afternoon. Ended up in hospital. Still here. Pondering the future, etc. But watched that game last night, and it really cheered me up. What a f#cking amazing performance! One of the best Eels wins I've ever seen. I really thought Souths would put 50 on us. So proud of that team. The bloke in the bed next to me was a Souths supporter, too. Lol.

I hope you recover swiftly, and without hiccups, mate.

And I'm so glad the team was able to put a smile on your face!

hindy111

Post Whore
Best thing our coach staff has done in a while if ask me is realising Simmonson is a better centre then wing. The guy gives 100%, defends pretty well and is fast. Always backs up and does a lot of work. Goes looking for it.
Last week he was our best back. This week again. Not including halves. He is showing something

the phantom menace

First Grade
Scary stuff Ivor, glad you're ok enough to watch the win and type posts on here. Take care of yourself in recovery.

Rocket man

Juniors
Take care mate.
How did you keep yourself calm while watching the game!

JokerEel

Coach
I remember a few attacked me on here for saying Fatrell isn’t a fullbacks arsehole. Last night showed yet again he is far too lazy for fullback.

I hear ya he is pretty lazy.
Problem is he can be lazy at full back and it doesn't effect South's defence if he is at centre and he is lazy they get pumped.

Move him to 5/8 he may get more involved

Soto

Bench
Almost 24hrs after the game and I'm still buzzing about that cracking game.
Our fwds were immense and we did this through so much adversity. Lane and RCG being out, Davey HIA after 5 and then Matto gone shortly after halftime. .
Best thing that happened to Barlow was getting stripped by Latrell. He went berserk after that but massive plaudits to Greig. This guy is the goods. It's a shame it's taken injuries to give him game time. He's proving be belongs and he gets better every week. I thoroughly enjoy watching him and was excited when we signed him from the Cows a few years back. Special mention to Carty, Ogden and Makatoa. Makatoa played his best game for us. Even Sivo got in there and did more grunt work. Simonsson how impressive and Dylbro...run son run.
Pensini is beast mode. Love the kid.
Not a bad player last night and that intention, energy and desire was just brilliant.
Massive week coming up with a bye after the Cows game. Hopefully the win last night is the catalyst for us to get the season going. We were scary good last night. Let's hope this continues all year

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There's a difference between not being Maori and still having Maori heritage.

The finer point is probably lost on some who see things as black and white (pardon the pun).
If there is a difference then you were wrong to tell me I'm "Wrong again there friend". I said he's not Maori, he said he's not Maori, and now you're saying you can have Maori heritage and not be Maori. So if he has Maori heritage it's irrelevant. He's not Maori, just like he said. I said it too, and now you've admitted you were to wrong to try to correct me. You were also wrong to call me friend. I'm not your friend or anyone else's.

Latest posts