What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd13 2024: 750pm Eels v Sharks GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium May 30th

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The problem I have with the whole “we were missing Moses & Gutho” is that it’s a crutch. We may as well forfeit if either are out if we play the way we did in that period.
There was also the facts we were playing Munster/Hughes-less Scum and Walkerless Souths and yet they both still pumped us. For a long time (and others call it a soft underbelly) but our response to when plan A isn’t working, has been to try it again.
That said Hynesless Sharks appear in the same boat. Undoubtedly, good players make a team better, but missing them shouldn’t make a teammate worse.
I agree it’s concerning but that doesn’t stop it being a reality. Teams with more leaders are less reliant on any given one. So they’re less impacted when some of them are missing.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's funny how the negative ones are now positive and the positive ones are now negative.

Everyone views the game differently.

However, baz seems to view it the way i do
Nobody’s negative. Some just disagree that Hands has suddenly become this NRL standard dummy half. We did it easy against Cronulla, just like Penrith did last weekend. Future opponents won’t roll over quite so easily. And the Sharks should be very concerned.

Gazzamatta

Coach
He was shooting out those Mahoney like passes all night. Possibly the second smartest guy in the team after Moses.
What was really impressive was his defence around the ruck. He cut off so many potential breaks through the middle with diving legs tackles. Lussick can not do that.
Hands is effectively still a rookie and if he can hold up physically the team will reap the benefits of his superior all round skills and fitness.
The breakaway Kennedy try. Watch Hands sprinting to make a last ditch tackle. Penisini on the other had started the rot with a shocking attempt and then started to walk the moment they were past him. He did that 2 weeks ago as well. Needs his ass kicked.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The excuses for BA are getting as stale as what the tripe we were producing under him.

We looked a team refreshed last night with a spring in there step. Last week was BA's funeral i think the team were still processing the shock he was gone.
Also, Moses and Gutherson weren’t playing. But somehow the win last night had nothing to do with their return, it was about Arthur and Lussick. And you’re accusing others of clutching at straws?

King-Gutho94

Coach
Gutherson was there for Dolphins, Tigers, Canberra
Tbf he was on 1 leg in those games. He had to get fluid drained out on the eve of the Darwin game.

They managed to get him to the bye round and did the operation straight away after the manly game at brookie.

Meant he missed 1 less game.

Last night he was zipping around like we haven't seen all year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
lol. Speechless. Everyone else can see that Hands is a decent hooker and immensely superior to Lussick (and always has been). But no, you’re right and everyone else is wrong.
I agree Hands is no better than Lussick. He is just different. Hands is weaker and dumber, but quicker. Against a defensive line full of holes he can use his speed without the markers forcing him into a slow play-the-ball. And with Moses telling him what to do he doesn’t need to make decisions. Neither of the hooker options are first graders, as shown by their record in first grade.

Incorrect

Coach
The breakaway Kennedy try. Watch Hands sprinting to make a last ditch tackle. Penisini on the other had started the rot with a shocking attempt and then started to walk the moment they were past him. He did that 2 weeks ago as well. Needs his ass kicked.
Penisini has been guilty of that quite a few times. A mate of mine pointed it out last year v the Broncos when Simonsson threw an intercept just before half-time. Will was right there but gave up on the play. Since then I've seen him repeat that non-effort. Disappointing.

Those are the 1%'s we need players to bring.... But then maybe he's concentrating on his x-factor plays.... You can't bring both, they're different.... Or are they the same thing? Lol

84 Baby

Referee
Tbf he was on 1 leg in those games. He had to get fluid drained out on the eve of the Darwin game.

They managed to get him to the bye round and did the operation straight away after the manly game at brookie.

In hindysight, the second Moses went down, they should’ve booked in surgery

Wally21

Bench
The excuses for BA are getting as stale as what the tripe we were producing under him.

We looked a team refreshed last night with a spring in there step. Last week was BA's funeral i think the team were still processing the shock he was gone.

As much as some of the players loved Brad I reckon the players may be surprised how refreshing it will be to have a new voice with a different positive & warm fuzzy outlook. I think Barrett will get us playing some pretty attacking footy it will be up to the players weather or not we can or want to defend on how we go for the rest of the year.
Dare I say, similar to 2006 when Brian Smith left.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Penisini has been guilty of that quite a few times. A mate of mine pointed it out last year v the Broncos when Simonsson threw an intercept just before half-time. Will was right there but gave up on the play. Since then I've seen him repeat that non-effort. Disappointing.

Those are the 1%'s we need players to bring.... But then maybe he's concentrating on his x-factor plays.... You can't bring both, they're different.... Or are they the same thing? Lol
Same, same but different. Hopefully these issues are now addressed. Obviously wernt in the past.

Gazzamatta

Coach

Id still like to see him stopped from doing the 5th tackle hit up. Im not sure his ptb is any quicker than some others. On that subject our ptb speed was 3.2 seconds last night. Noticably quicker. Emu is great at a quick ptb and Reg and Barlow were much better as well. Out ptb speed is usually around 4 seconds. Another 1% obviously targeted. Finally.

Nobody’s negative. Some just disagree that Hands has suddenly become this NRL standard dummy half.
True, he didn't suddenly become one.

Hands was NRL adequate/standard when called upon last year, after Hodgson stank up the joint and before dumbf**k BA dragged Lussick back from halfway around the world to deliver his plod.