What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd15: Parra v Storm GAME DAY thread (20/8/20)

hindy111

Post Whore
Clearly Cleary is only as solid as Gutho... or as close to elite as Gutho. I get confused.

I'd put as same level. Cleary being only 22 probably has more improvement left in him and capable of becoming elite. He may not ever get there.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I recall Welsh was very close but he did his ACL and we withdrew our offer. That in itself may have pis*ed him off but who knows. I think our offer at the time was reported at $500k per season.
An absolutely brilliant return from an ACL repair. The guy is class off the field as well. Very much in the Gower mold but a significantly better player. He and Kaufusi backing up Jnr and RCG would be something else.

Pugzley

This calls for a celebration.

EnragedGrandioseBeetle-size_restricted.gif

Bandwagon

Staff member
Just on Fergo, 2 times he was flat footed and the ball went into touch. They weren't great passes, but I feel like if he was running onto them there was a fair chance of tries. He seems to get a lot of ball at a standing start.

The Gutho pass that went way in front of Fergo was good, Fergo should have been there, the pass was always going to be a tap on and they don't go deep.

emjaycee

Coach
Just on Welch... late in 2019 we had verbally agreed to terms with him for 2020, 2021 and 2022 however before signatures could be reached, he did his knee (again). As a result of that we pulled our offer and he ended up taking up his option with the Storm. Current talk is that he is want to stay with the Scum but would be too expensive for us as a replacement for Kevans, moreso since he has become a proven starter.

emjaycee

Coach
Just on Welch... late in 2019 we had verbally agreed to terms with him for 2020, 2021 and 2022 however before signatures could be reached, he did his knee (again). We had him mind for a possible captain role as well. As a result of that we pulled our offer and he ended up taking up his option with the Storm. Current talk is that he is wants to stay with the Scum but would be too expensive for us as a replacement for Kevans, more so since he has become a proven starter.

EDIT: started posting that nearly an hour ago and got distracted. Cheers Gazza and OB - didn't mean to just repost what you had already stated.

Dibs

Bench
The Gutho pass that went way in front of Fergo was good, Fergo should have been there, the pass was always going to be a tap on and they don't go deep.
I thought the tap on went forward. I could be wrong and even if I’m not it may not have got called. However he was too deep

Gazzamatta

Coach
Just on Welch... late in 2019 we had verbally agreed to terms with him for 2020, 2021 and 2022 however before signatures could be reached, he did his knee (again). As a result of that we pulled our offer and he ended up taking up his option with the Storm. Current talk is that he is want to stay with the Scum but would be too expensive for us as a replacement for Kevans, moreso since he has become a proven starter.
We risk the farm on Welsh's knee or move on to RCG. We obviously made the correct call but Im a greedy pri*k. I'd like both. If we are to part company with Evans, Alvaro, Terepo, Gower and Stefano surely we can add one goodun to support whats left plus the pair or young bookends.

emjaycee

Coach
We risk the farm on Welsh's knee or move on to RCG. We obviously made the correct call but Im a greedy pri*k. I'd like both. If we are to part company with Evans, Alvaro, Terepo, Gower and Stefano surely we can add one goodun to support whats left plus the pair or young bookends.
Injury in the forwards is not uncommon and as far as middles go, I think at most this year we have had 3 middles out injured at the same time - Kevans, Terepo and Oregano. Which begs the question, how many middles should you have in your top 30?

This year, we ran with 10 (Paulo, RCG, Brown, Evans, Oregon, Gower, Marata, Stefano, Terepo, and Alvaro) although I counted Marata because that's where he has been playing but didn't count Stone.

Is 10 too many?
Normally there will be 5 in the top 17, so it doesn't take many injuries to need all 10.

Latest posts