What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd19: Parra v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 21/7/22

emjaycee

Coach
The really sad thing about tonight was that The Broncos didnt look that much better. Our D was utter garbage.
Im glad BA thinks that this year is our best chance ever to go all the way. Im fu*ked if I know how we can do that based on what Ive seen this year. I love my footy and Ill be there again next Friday night but its very obvious our team is stagnant while other clubs are progressive. Something has to change. 2 and a bit more years of this and fans will desert in droves. 12000 last week, 11000 this week. Fans are extremel pis*ed noted by BAs booing.
Fan numbers this week and last week are hard to judge when it was too out of town teams on a wet and cold night mate.

emjaycee

Coach
Tbh we look like a team even before last night without any spirit or purpose whatsoever for the past 2/3 months.

We aren't even playing exciting footy that will draw a crowd. In fact we look like a team scared and in fear of failing.

So no surprise the crowds has dropped away.

It's been a bizarre year because our best is good enough but has only been shown in glimpses then disappeared the following week.
Interesting observation mate.
I asked someone in the club last night if there was a split in the dressing room. His answer "No split in the dressing room, just low on confidence and feeling the pressure."

King-Gutho94

Coach
I reckon you know BA is starting to feel the pressure when he starts commenting on referee or bunker decisions in a post match presser.

We did get shafted in the obstruction call but BA and Gutho don't normally ramble on about decisions in the presser.

Even if given did we have 2 more tries in us in the final 20 mins and not concede any ourselves probably not.

Gronk

Staff member
Errors which gave Broncos possession in the red zone.
6 agains because we could not cope with their ruck speed.
Sin bin.
Inability to counter their line speed.
Lost the battle of enthusiasm.

Incorrect

Coach
Errors which gave Broncos possession in the red zone.
6 agains because we could not cope with their ruck speed.
Sin bin.
Inability to counter their line speed.
Lost the battle of enthusiasm.
All sound like areas the coaching staff need to address (apart from the binning)....and should have been for quite some time..

But whatever, we'll paper over the cracks and convince ourselves that "we just didn't turn up" and everything will be sweet...

Gronk

Staff member
All sound like areas the coaching staff need to address (apart from the binning)....and should have been for quite some time..

But whatever, we'll paper over the cracks and convince ourselves that "we just didn't turn up" and everything will be sweet...
LMAO I was critical of our shit show, but you read it as papering over the cracks ? Are you dumb or trolling ?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The coach, the players and everyone else can all get f**ked as far as i'm concerned. No one should be safe, i can cop looooooosing but being out enthused constantly is not f**king on. Those early to mid 90's sides were horrible but at least they had a f**king crack. They just weren't good enough, there is no excuse with this side and it's not like they aren't well paid for their efforts. The culture of this place stinks ATM, these players have achieved SFA and they swan around like they are the 80's Eels the captain is the worst of the bunch.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Let's be honest. Your bet with me isn't looking good. We are a better chance of missing the top 8 then playing week 3
I made $145 last night. The more games we lose the more I’ll make, so my bet with you becomes less and less relevant. It’ll be the only money I make if we win a game.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So let's not look at this loss in isolation then. Let's look at in conjunction with the losses to the Cowboys, the Dogs and the Roosters (magic round).... Hell, let's include the win over the Tigers at Leichhardt and the 2 wins v the last placed Titans in this sample.... Wins and losses and all very very poor performances that highlighted significant defensive frailties that coaching staff have had since Round 1 to fix, but haven't.... As someone else pointed out in this thread, only twice this year have opponents scored less than 18 points against us. That's laughable for a so called top 4 aspirant, even a top 6 aspirant.....
Lots of cherry picking going on here.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
completely agree, our defense this year compared to last year has been shit
I was surprised when Chipmunk shared the defensive stats from the two previous seasons. I remember our defence being poor then as well, merkins constantly whinging about wingers coming in and me thinking it was because we compressed due to struggling with repeat efforts in the middle. Looking at the stats we weren’t bad at all. Good thing we have stats for when our shit memories fail us.

84 Baby

Referee
The coach, the players and everyone else can all get f**ked as far as i'm concerned. No one should be safe, i can cop looooooosing but being out enthused constantly is not f**king on. Those early to mid 90's sides were horrible but at least they had a f**king crack. They just weren't good enough, there is no excuse with this side and it's not like they aren't well paid for their efforts. The culture of this place stinks ATM, these players have achieved SFA and they swan around like they are the 80's Eels the captain is the worst of the bunch.
BA used to bang on about accountability but now we have our captain asking the ref post game about a no try decision. We were already f**ken down by 30. How about we focus on that rather than an incorrect call

hindy111

Post Whore
I made $145 last night. The more games we lose the more I’ll make, so my bet with you becomes less and less relevant. It’ll be the only money I make if we win a game.

You have a bad memory. You put money in Eels for top 4. That's cooked
And to win title. Also cooked.
So I am reminding you.